ESA Question - Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3640 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was awarded ESA originally in February 2012. This was not income related. When it finished, I was told I would go straight onto income related ESA. Which I did, then after about 2 weeks they said I didn't qualify as I was living with a partner. This isn't true, but I had lived with him until about 4 months previously. I sent them proof of the fact that he was now back at his previous address. I explained that he was indeed caring for me as I have been suicidal and have joint problems, panic attacks etc. They then said that they couldn't reinstate ESA, as he works 25 hours per week. They totally ignored my initial letter and when I rang, they said I should write again to remind them of the situation - but admitted they had received the letter!

All this despite the fact that he isn't living with me and works 23 hours per week! I then sent them proof from his employer that he works 23 hours. After phone calls, they agreed to do a Mandatory Reconsideration. It was now March.

They then sent me a letter asking about my income. I have been honest all along that I get 2 small pensions from my late husband. Again, I sent them proof that I only receive about £140.00 per month, that is all. Over 2 months later I have heard nothing. I rang and they said there is a backlog!

I have completed 2 forms for help with my mortgage which they keep 'losing'! To top it all they have just sent me an Income Tax form stating that they have paid me about £3100.00 this financial year which isn't true!

Good people out there - can anyone please help me? Where do I go from here?

I have always worked for over 32 years and never claimed anything before. My life fell apart when my husband died and this situation has left me desperate.

Thank you in advance.

I can't help from the ESA side but I might be able to help with the tax side.

When you say you have received an income tax form - what form are you referring to? And what's is wrong with the figure? Is it too high or too low?

my guess would be P45 or P46 baring in mind new tax year stated a month ago

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Hello again

This tax form is a statement of what benefits I have supposedly received this tax year, the figure is far too high, given that I have received nothing for over 6 months. Like many on here, I am getting desperate. Have had to beg and borrow to survive.

Someone told me I could claim JSA whilst waiting for their decision on my ESA.

Thanks again and still hoping someone can advise me. I was thinking of writing to give them 1 more chance, then making a complaint. They seem to ignore everything, whether by post or phone. Never been in this position before. I am struggling so much.

Best wishes:-(

Hello again

This tax form is a statement of what benefits I have supposedly received this tax year, the figure is far too high, given that I have received nothing for over 6 months. Like many on here, I am getting desperate. Have had to beg and borrow to survive.

Someone told me I could claim JSA whilst waiting for their decision on my ESA.

Thanks again and still hoping someone can advise me. I was thinking of writing to give them 1 more chance, then making a complaint. They seem to ignore everything, whether by post or phone. Never been in this position before. I am struggling so much.

Best wishes:-(

It will be for the previous tax year which ended April 14, unlikely to be for this tax year. So how much did you receive? Either way won't make much difference if you didn't have any other taxable income as the amount is below the tax threshold.

I got about £100 per month when on non income related ESA. Then was told I would get about £60 per week IR ESA. I had one payment and than got a letter saying that they couldnt pay me as my 'partner' was working 25 hours or more per week. He was no longer my boyfriend, not living with me and only works 23 hours per week. They have had proof of all this, Their last letter in March, asked me for proof of my late husbands pensions, which I sent straight away - only £140 per month. The letter said when I had sent this they would decide how much to pay me. That was over 2 months ago. They are now saying there is a backlog!

I second the suggestion to contact your MP. I mean, benefit offices are busy and do have backlogs, but this is ridiculous.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I got about £100 per month when on non income related ESA.)nths ago. They are now saying there is a backlog!

Contributory Esa Rate is normally £101 and only a pension income of £100 or over would decrease that

cant understand the £100 a month figure ?

as for signing on J S A You can only do that if your fit for work in which case you wouldnt be able to claim ESA

Not 100% on contribution based but I would start with checking your mortgage company hasnt recieevd payments from DWP, DWP are a bit random with these i find and it might explain the sum. If no and you can prove no or little income then write to them asking to explain themselves, why they are breaking the law refusing to pay your esa award leaving you destitute with next to none or very little income because the law states they have to pay you enough to live on. As soon as you mention legality they perk up i find as they know your not going to take any ****e.

I dont think there is a massive backlog its just they aim to frustrate in the hope you will give up. And even if there is a backlog it isnt your problem, IDS should hire more staff or stop sacking the ones he's got because his actions are causing distress to the vulnerable as we know and its also illegal to unduly with hold these personal allowances cos its the amount the law says you need to live on, if the law didnt say it they would not pay it full stop.