Vodafone/DRS complete mess - threats - assistance would be greatly appreciated

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3629 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I have a big issue with Vodafone for which I am trying to sort out. I have had a contract with Vodafone which I then upgraded in November 2012. After a couple of months of paying fine I experienced some financial difficulties and contacted Vodafone to help. They simply removed my service, and put me on an unaffordable payment plan, and by removing my service I was forced to get a new phone and the costs involved with that. Since then Vodafone have been appauling in coming to a affordable solution (had they allowed me to use the phone whilst on the payment plan it would have been fine), and they have been racking up these monthly costs for the past 16 months without giving me any service. They now cancelled it, and charged me another £700 on top of that (even though they obviously weren’t going to provide me with any services). Back in March I agreed a plan with them to clear off the full balance (without the cancellation fee) in 3 payments over 7 weeks. It was agreed they would call me and I would pay the cost with my card over the phone, and I was very specific they were to call me. However they never did on the agreed date so 3 days later I rang them and they told me it was cancelled. Now they have handed my account over to some company called DRS.

DRS called me and made various demands, followed by threats about how if I don’t pay, my life will become difficult and people will be turning up at my doorstep and all these other threats. This is very stressful to obviously hear, and is very traumatic. I explained the situation and the history but they don’t listen, I told them to go back to their client (Vodafone) with my queries but they point blank refuse (which as they haven’t brought the debt seems very odd), and all they do is continue to threat.

For obvious reasons I will not deal with this company, they are way out of line, and I am considering action against them.

However for Vodafone, I acknowledge I do owe them money, and I want to get this sorted, however I tried phoning through to them today and couldn’t get through as i was told to deal with this DRS lot – which obviously I will not do as they just threaten and harass.

I am posting here first to see if I can get anywhere before getting advice on the other forums, and then I guess contacting the OFT (or whoever I need to read up more on that) for help. I don’t see why this is such a tough issue to sort out.

I finally got through to Vodafone collections yesterday who said I had to speak to DRS. I said I legally don’t need to, and that I would only deal with them. I was supposed to be received a call back from Vodafone yesterday afternoon, surprise surprise this didn’t materialise. If Vodafone won’t talk to me to resolve this, and DRS are just trying to threaten me I don’t know what to do, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Autobot

Welcome to CAG

We here at CAGlink31.gif have a very successful vodafonelink3.gif Rep operating here

We advise you to follow this method to alert them to your thread:

To get this looked into further could we please you ask you to email HERE with the details quoting the code WRT135 - CAGlink31.gif Forum in the subject line

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number.

To ensure that it reaches Lee / Jen could you update the thread with this and He'll get back to you as soon as he can?

CAG.

DX SITETEAM

P.S. Jen's looking at the thread now.

The OFT'S Guideline on debt collection:-

Debt Collection Guidance - Office of Fair Trading

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/telecoms/

Lee is wonderful and will help you no end.

As for DRS, they are a no powers DCA and you should ignore them.

However looking at the viewers of this thread... I think we may have someone new...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

As soon as they started saying things like "your life will get very difficult if you don't pay us immediately" I immediately knew I wasnt going to deal with them, hence my continuous attempts to contact vodafone, just getting nowhere with it.

Only talk to them on the phone if you can record them - and ask for written confirmation of what they have told you. Otherwise tell them "in writing only". They won't put threats into writing