Jump to content

bexley council and dca chandlers want CTAX out of me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts



,a few yrs back we lived in a private dwelling

this was paid for by the council as i am not very well and have been on long time sick.


i was on very agressive immune system drugs and was having a bad time with the wife

we argued i was arrested and

put in a bail hostel by the coursts of which i had to make a housing benefit claim


during this time my wife was trying to get police to drop charges


the neighbour was being openly racist and abusive


the police where called for her she was arrested and


my partner was moved to temp accomadation by the council


charges after 6 mnths the charges where dropped but i was not allowed to stay with my partner at temp accom.


we waited 2 yrs to be together finally got a place from the council


moved in then we got a £5000 council tax demand from the council for the private dwelling house


being on benefit this was a shock


after lots of back and forth the council changed the figure a few times now its at £1500 and


today i get a letter from vilcollections asking for immediate payment of £5254.30 for the letting agents who owned the private dwelling


the council want this amount


the agents want this amount


but how is it we are liable without a break in benefits.


its been over 3yrs


why do we now owe £5000 being on benefits with a partner and two kids

we are lucky to have ten pound spare

where do they think we can get this sum from and


i still dont even get how we are liable seeing as we get council tax benefit

and this was before the changes


please can anyone give us some advice.


as we dont have the money and the only poessesions we have are cheap furniture from argos

and a pc which we bought after a grant from the council

so the law said we needed this stuff to live

and the council should provide it and


now they want to take it all back


please can someone give us some advice as to what to do

Link to post
Share on other sites

where do you live?

what council?


vil are a DCA and rarely get involved with CTAX collection


they are not bailiffs!!



please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

i live in sidcup the council is bexley council i have received two letters to date one from


xxxxxxxxxx surbiton surrey


they are asking for £5254.30 to kemron property services the private dwelling we where moved from by the council


the other company is


chandlers limited and weirdly he has just knocked on my door


i didnt let him in


he said through the door he'll be back monday


he posted a letter which is notice of enforcement agents

attendance warrant of control for £848.43

he says hes here to remove items and goods

to recover debt to bexley council

Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds as if you 2 different issues going on here. The first with the debt collectors appears to be for unpaid rent or dilapidations or similar from the private landlord. The second may well be for unpaid Council Tax. The second is more serious than the first and should be tackled first.


You need to find out from the Council exactly what is going on. First thing Monday you need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:

1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you

2 - the dates they were obtained

3 - the addresses they were for

4 - the period of time each covers

5 - how much each one was for

6 - how much is still outstanding

7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement

8 - the dates & amounts of any payments


If you still live in the same Council area then you should also contact your local Councillor(s) to get involved and act for you - best initial contact is by phone.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running




Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...