style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3653 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there!

Some advice or guidance required please as to my rights / neighbours obligations regarding their perimeter fencing:

I live in the center of a mid terrace with the rear garden of my property accessed via an alley way. The alley acts a point of access for x3 other properties with mine being the last. there is no through way.

Running along one side of the alley way are the boundary fences for the other x3 properties in my terrace row. On the other side is a boundary fence for another property which has no access to the alley way.

The problem I have is that at present x2 gravel boards form the property which runs the length of the alley are warped and protruding into the alley way.

I've asked the property owner to correct this as it affects the access to my property. The boards are getting worse and the restriction is becoming more of an issue. I would even go so far as to say it is now a trip hazard.

I have suggested that I remove the boards (safely and careful) and return them to him. the response was I'm not allowed to touch them. The property owner's position is that as they are protruding into a public area, he is not concerned or obliged to do anything, regardless of my comments/impacts.

What should I do & what are the property owners obligations in this situation?

Many thanks

Mr P

There is some useful information in the link below. If this is a hazard to others using that path, then I think you might have to speak with the Local Authority

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?392584&p=4244251#post4244251

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If a member of the public was to trip on those boards sticking out into a public area and hurt them self it would he the property owner who gets sued. It would be in the property owners interest to get it fixed.

The local authority have the powers to force your neighbour to resolve this, if it is causing a hazard. One of my relatives had to prune some bushes that had overgrown a footpath, following a letter from the local council. A neighbour locally had to have a garden wall repaired because it was leaning slightly in danger of falling over on to a public pavement.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Many thanks all for your posts. I have informed the property owner that there is a danger of tripping on the gravel boards but no response. I'll give it another week then contact the council.

Thanks again

Many thanks all for your posts. I have informed the property owner that there is a danger of tripping on the gravel boards but no response. I'll give it another week then contact the council.

Thanks again

You could say to the neighbour that if the council get involved, they will charge them for dealing with the gravel boards.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...