SD for Dubai Credit Card debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3706 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there, I am new in this Thread...

Having exactly the same issue with CWD.

They have filed the case at north hampton county court.

I have left DXB almost 5 years back.

I don't recall any outstanding on my credit card however no banks have contacted me for last so many years

all of a sudden I find myself served the SD followed by court case.

They have also send the same documents to my wife as she was a subsidiary card holder but she has never used the card.

the case no is the same.

I absolutely like to contest the jurisdiction and also there is no judgement for me or my wife in DXB courts

so how can they bring the case here based on the MOU!!

does the MOU suggest that we can be tried in court inspire of no judgement in DXB??

Very tensed and confused?

can some body recommend a good solicitor who would get us out of this ordeal?

please if anyone has gone to court could your tell us what was the outcome and your defence based on?

Please help as this seems extremely unfair as how they treat you in DXB with no laws and complete corruption

and the laws are based on relationship and influence against all human rights these people treat us...

.. the law of the nation is 'YOU ARE GUILTY UNLESS PROVEN INNOCENT"

Hi may you please recommend a solicitor that I can get an advice? Many thanks..

Not allowed and I don't know of any that could help with this.

If you contact the Law Society they should be able to give you details of several where you live.

http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Sounds like a rogue DCA/solicitor issuing SD's as a form of scare tactic/debt collection. Similar to what lowells do.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

badger, do you have an issue we can help you with? You seem to be posting on multiple threads looking for more info. perhaps we can help you?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Sounds like you are dealing with a very shady sol for hire and DCA. I'll see if i can get your issue moved to your own thread so you can get specific help on it.

I want to know how they think they can enforce a foreign debt over here. Especially when theres no agreement between the Uk and UAE. I've said it on other threads, but i think the DCA's here are chaning their arm. Theyve likely bought the debt for a couple of £, and theyve seen the total amount allegdly owed and got very VERY greedy.

I want to know how they think they can enforce a foreign debt over here. Especially when theres no agreement between the Uk and UAE. I've said it on other threads, but i think the DCA's here are chaning their arm. Theyve likely bought the debt for a couple of £, and theyve seen the total amount allegdly owed and got very VERY greedy.

I am now in a position more or less the same as the OP! How can I defend against something that I have never been notified of previously and that I dispute in its entirety?