• Tweets

• I made that payment on 13th Feb, then it all went to sh!t x
    • Massive potentially that payment has been made in some form as accompanying evidence to your financial difficulties.  And yes, but add some more zing to the email if it goes to the CEO - You need to make them understand what they have done. And telling the CEO  / MD of the biz what their actions have done to you - It adds to the complaint weighting.    
    • I have just found an email (and checked and verified it on my MCB account online) and I did make a payment to them, but then obvs didn't after that. Will that make any difference to my case? 
    • This is what I have said in my email of complaint:   On 29th November 2023 I took out a loan of £5000 with you. Unfortunately very early into 2024 I have found myself in financial difficulty and I contacted you on 13th February 2024 asking if there was any way I could extend the length of my loan to 36 months and I fully explained why I was requesting this and asked for your help. I again contacted you on 7th March 2024 to advise you of a change in my circumstances which resulted in me having to take out a DMP and asking you to confirm that the direct debit had been cancelled. You would have also received confirmation of this DMP from StepChange but you did not acknowledge receipt of my email.  I have now therefore fallen behind on several of my debts, yours included, and as a result you have lodged a Cifas marker against my name for "evasion of payment", which has resulted in me having to change banks, which has been an extremely difficult process because of the Cifas marker. I do not feel you have been fair or given me the opportunity to fully explain my situation to you before you lodged the marker against my name.  I cannot stress to you enough how much this has affected my mental health. I am having trouble sleeping and my existing health condition has been exacerbated by all of this.  What I would like you to do is to please remove the Cifas marker and let me make arrangements to pay the loan back through a DMP. If you fail to resolve my complaint within 8 weeks, or if matters are not settled to my satisfaction, I will have no alternative but to refer my complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. I look forward to hearing from you. Yours faithfully, Should I send something along those lines to the CEO? 
    • Right... Misuse of Facility is a Cat 6 and is considered the worst out of all of the CIFAS Categories for CIFAS Markers.  However lets see what happens when MCB come back to you. Make sure you refer it to the CEO.    IF YOU DONT HAVE A VALID REASON FOR THE ISSUE WITH PAYMENTS ETC - Then the marker will stay.   
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Problems with commission structure

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am new to this wonderful forum, and could really use some assistance please.

Nearly 7 months ago I started working for a very small company. At the time of the interview I was advised that after completing 6 months I could expect a commission structure on top of my basic salary. I work in a technical sales role.

Having a background in sales I have performed very well since joining the company, and by a long chalk am performing much better than my colleagues. As you might expect, when my first six months were completed I was keen to understand what my commission structure would be and what rewards I could look forward to.

At the start of my seventh month I was waiting for my boss to raise the subject, but he didn't so I decided I would. He said in response "yes we did agree a commission arrangement - leave it with me and I'll come back to you." So, I left it a week which I thought was a reasonable amount of time and asked again.

This time his response was to promise to do it on the weekend. The weekend came and went and I waited alk of Monday for him to discuss the matter but nothing. I asked again at the end of the day and this time just got a snotty response. He said "why do you want to know, you're not depending on it for a mortgage or anything are you?"

Since this time another week has passed and still nothing! Technically,I am not due any commission yet, however, I still think that I have a right to know what my commission structure is. I am quickly starting to think that despite being acknowledged in my contract of employment, this commission structure is mythical.

Really, my boss has lied to me and broken promises. My motivation to do any more than average has been battered. Quite frankly, I am thinking that the best thing for me to do would start looking for an alternative role with a company that would actually pay a commission.

Do you all think I'm overeacting or am I right in thinking I'm being taken for a mug?

commission is part of employment contract, whether written or implied so you are entitled to it. Have you spoken to anyone else or read any details? If you leave you will be entitled to any commission due-decided by ET so can give details if it comes to being that bad.

Hi everyone, thank you for your responses! I meant to add to my last post; the subject of my commission was originally on my boss' to do list for a couple of days after I first asked, but it has absent ever since. My thinking is that I am certainly not going to sell anymore than my basic target. Keeping your sales team motivated should be a priority..... Otherwise, surely they will leave taking their income potential with them?! When I leave I will be doing so for the reason that my employer has breached my contract of employment. Are there any grounds for taking legal action against my employer? I don't care about compensation or anything like that, I just want to use the law to make him realise that it is very wrong to lie and cheat people and that there are consequences for doing so. Fundamentally, I want to stop this happening to anyone else!

Thanks everyone

Hi Magicmikey

Your clearly not happy about the commission situation. You'll need to show a Tribunal that you tried to resolve the issue with your employer. You've raised the matter informally by mentioning the commission to your manager, but he just stonewalls you then forgets. You could now raise a Formal Grievance. Send him your Grievance Recorded Delivery, send a copy to HR.

https://www.gov.uk/solve-workplace-dispute/formal-procedures

I can't see a legal case unless you have something in writing saying commission will be factored in after the initial period. Even then a derisory 1p per sale would cover that off.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Hi all, just to clarify it is in my contract of employment that I can expect a commission structure after 6 months. I have also seen evidence that my colleague who has been with the company much longer than I gets commission. I have also been told by my manager in percentage terms what extra my colleague has earned in commission.

I think that the problem is the amount of sales that I am generating. Personally I think I would be best off seeking employment with a more genuine employer who is happy to honour his employment contract, and who is prepared to reward a good sales person. All of this aside, I am never going to have a good working relationship with someone who lies to me and is untrustworthy.

Thanks everyone.

Btw, Emmzzi you and I are thinking along the same lines about the 1p commission.

I'd certainly be leaving, and I'd make sure commission arrangements were in writing in my next role.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

I take on board the advice thank you Emmzzi :-) I am quite young still so will chalk this up to experience, get enthusiastic about looking for a new role and will certainly learn a lessons for next time.

Thank you

I hope I'm wrong and the boss comes good in the next few weeks! Never worth a big argument though - he'll either fix it or he wont..!

I think seven months is long enough. Surely they have a commission structure in place already for your colleagues?

There is nothing wrong with politely showing the boss what is written about commission in the employment contract and telling him that you will search for alternative employment if a reasonable commission structure is not provided.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hi Steampowered,

Thank you for your input on this :-)

The arrangement was that the commission structure would commence at six completed months of employment. Technically, he has already had six months of free sales! There is only one other employee working in the same area of the business, but as you say, he is already on a commission structure. It has now been a month since I shouldhave known what my commission structure would be and all I have had is excuses.

If it were my business, I would want to make sure that I maintained the motivationof my sales team. I think what annoys me about all of this is that I have put in so much effort to learn as much as possible, as quickly as possible and I have been treated in this way. I also feel that because I have nowbeen lied to several times about this, it has caused an irreversible break down in trust. Because of this I sincerely believe that I am best off finding a new job where my performance will be valued, and chalking this up to experience!

Thank you :-)

Hello there.

Sadly, I think you could be right about moving on. It can't be difficult to put you on the same commission structure as your colleague, so it's hard to see what would delay this apart from unwillingness to part with money.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thank you honneybee13,

In all honesty I find the whole situation bizarre.

My profit generated is more than my boss and my colleague put together. I am always on time, dress well, never have any sick days. I can't understand what I have done wrong. Maybe he is unhappy that I would earn more than him, maybe I am too ambitious - I just don't know :\ Fortunately, I am not without offers of employment.

I just comfort myself with the thought that what goes around comes back around. It is a shame, because when I go I will take all my knowledge, sales ability etc with me. What is more confusing is that it has surely cost the business to train me etc, and it will cost to train my replacement - all very weird!!!!!!

Don't take it personally. Employers will generally pay the least they can get away with because that is how a free market works. As the boss it may be money coming out of his pocket so if he thinks he can get away delaying commission he will do so. Perhaps if he knows you are searching for other jobs that will encourage him to get a move on.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS