Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'structure'.
Found 3 results
At present, High Court Enforcement agents are only able to enforce judgments if they relate to non consumer credit debts and have a value of over £600. Judgements relating to consumer credit debts (typically, a debt relating to a bank loan, credit card debt, catalogue debt or any other finance agreement) may only be enforced by a County Court Bailiff. The High Court Enforcement industry has campaigned for many years for the law to be changed to allow them to enforce judgments in relation to 'consumer credit debts'. Earlier this year, the High Court Enforcement industry had their hopes raised that the law will be changed with the release of the Ministry of Justice's Civil Courts Structure Review that was chaired by Lord Justice Briggs. In the review, Justice Briggs stated that County Court enforcement is presently: “heavily localised, paper based, prone to error in form filling, and widely perceived to be slow, ineffective and expensive” A public Consultation was issued (now closed) and in the next few weeks a final report is due to be published. Today the Money Advice Trust issued the following release: http://www.moneyadvicetrustblog.org/2016/07/22/no-enforced-changes-some-thoughts-on-the-lord-justice-briggs-review/ A copy of their response to the Consultation is below: http://www.moneyadvicetrust.org/SiteCollectionDocuments/Policy%20consultation%20responses/Unilateral%20responses/Money%20Advice%20Trust%20response%20to%20the%20Civil%20Courts%20Structure%20Review%20Interim%20Report%20consultation%20paper.pdf
Hi all, I am new to this wonderful forum, and could really use some assistance please. Nearly 7 months ago I started working for a very small company. At the time of the interview I was advised that after completing 6 months I could expect a commission structure on top of my basic salary. I work in a technical sales role. Having a background in sales I have performed very well since joining the company, and by a long chalk am performing much better than my colleagues. As you might expect, when my first six months were completed I was keen to understand what my commission structure would be and what rewards I could look forward to. At the start of my seventh month I was waiting for my boss to raise the subject, but he didn't so I decided I would. He said in response "yes we did agree a commission arrangement - leave it with me and I'll come back to you." So, I left it a week which I thought was a reasonable amount of time and asked again. This time his response was to promise to do it on the weekend. The weekend came and went and I waited alk of Monday for him to discuss the matter but nothing. I asked again at the end of the day and this time just got a snotty response. He said "why do you want to know, you're not depending on it for a mortgage or anything are you?" Since this time another week has passed and still nothing! Technically,I am not due any commission yet, however, I still think that I have a right to know what my commission structure is. I am quickly starting to think that despite being acknowledged in my contract of employment, this commission structure is mythical. Really, my boss has lied to me and broken promises. My motivation to do any more than average has been battered. Quite frankly, I am thinking that the best thing for me to do would start looking for an alternative role with a company that would actually pay a commission. Do you all think I'm overeacting or am I right in thinking I'm being taken for a mug?
Hi All, I started my current role within the NHS on February 20th 2012. Unfortunately, I was informed in July that the hospital was carrying out a re-structure and at very least my job would be changed. Once i received the job description for the new role that I had been 'pooled' into I decided to look for something new. It is worth noting that there are 7 staff going for 6 Jobs, the re-structure is going ahead mid-october. I was offered a new role towards the end of August, the new employer preferably wanted me to start as soon as possible and i advised them I had a one month notice period (to the best of my knowledge i thought this was the case) .Upon speaking with my current management , as I was just outside of my probationary period which would have ended on the 20th August, I would have to carry out my full 2 months notice as stated in my contract. To add to the confusion, I am going to work for a company who's client is the NHS, so it is not quite as simple as 'walking out the door' as it will have a severe impact on relations between by new & current employer. The worst case scenario at present is that I cannot take the new job as there is too long a wait before I can start and I also lose my current job. My line manager will not budge and HR have advised me that there is nothing they can do. Could anybody give any advice on the best course of action to take going forward? J