Thomson holiday missold accident/incident

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3667 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have made numerous formal complaints already with no success, I have also complained to abta with no success. Is court action the next step and if so how much can I claim from them.

I will try to keep this to the point.

Booked a holiday to Tunisia all inclusive, me my partner and 12 month old daughter. We booked the destination based on the short flight 2h35m and a transfer of 20 mins. This was incredibly important as my daughter was an awkward age, very difficult to keep her occupied and she had recently stopped breast feeding so food stops very important. The flight turned out to be 3h35m and the transfer 45m. I know delays can always happen but there were absolutely no delays, the pilot actually announced we were 10 mins early. Thomson simply advertised the time wrong and still do!

There was more mis advertisement ie: photos of a lush indoor pool which turned out to be a pay as you go spa pool, the actual indoor pool was tatty run down and small. Again another main point of booking as we have the 12 month old.

We had numerous service issues but I know these are a bit subjective. We had problems like only 3 (broken) high chairs for the entire hotel.

The cot that was provided on arrival was very dirty and had about 5 of the upright bars missing, I had this swapped with an hour of arrival. It was swapped for a brand new one. My daughter slept well for the first two nights, on the third she slipped though the bars legs first and ended up hanging by her her head/neck. Luckyly I heard her crys and woke to save her, the rep the next morning actually laughed and asked if I had photos of her allegedly slipping through the bars!!! No other cots were available so you can imagine how we slept from there on.

I'd had enough so I paid for a hotel swap, the rep passed me a brochure and said pick one. After explaining I had chosen this hotel and failed so I asked that she used her experience in the area to choose a hotel for us that provided a/c, facility's for my daughter and food that would suit my daughter. We then moved to a new hotel on day 4 of 7, it didn't have a/c even though the brochure and rep said it did! It was very hot at night!

Apologies for the way this post is bashed out, I am on my phone and have lost all my text once already. If I think of anymore major points I will add them below.

James.

That is probably only half of the points worth making. Although I did forget a major one, I tripped over a bolt stuck out of the ground in a walkway in the dining area, broke my front tooth, twisted my knee and bruised my side.

Do I have a case in small claims and what do I claim for?

James.

Have you tried a "personal" approach to the CEO we did this a few years ago and had resolution within a week?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Google Thompsons company details, search for name of CEO and HO address.

Mark the Letter " Private & Confidential"

Formal Complaint.

Ensure that your complaint is in logical order all details of what you consider was wrong, then set out clearly what you require the company to do to resolve your complaint.

Send by recorded signed for post check delivery. (avoid using address with a PO Box number it might not get signed for).

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

OK thanks for your reply. Is it your opinion that court action is not the way forward? I have two very well written letters ( my partner wrote them) that we have already sent to Thomson. We could send these on the the appropriate person. What is your opinion money wise? Myself I'm wanting a full refund, full refund of expenses and compenstion for loss off a holiday and suffering.

IMO yes a full refund is appropriate.

The problem is "letters" are only seen by staff in customer (dis) service departments/ complaints department that work to the company "script" if your complaint does not fit their scheme it gets rejected, it is always best to start at the top especially when a considerable amount of money is concerned.

• 1 month later...

you can usually find the email addresses of the ceo's and contact them directly.

usually email addresses are structured as name logins ie: j.Smith(at)holidays.com

so if you can find the top dogs name out it would be t.dog(at)holidays .com

if that makes sense.

always works for me

Hi

This is the only email address I can find

[email protected]

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

OK thanks for your reply. Is it your opinion that court action is not the way forward? I have two very well written letters ( my partner wrote them) that we have already sent to Thomson. We could send these on the the appropriate person. What is your opinion money wise? Myself I'm wanting a full refund, full refund of expenses and compenstion for loss off a holiday and suffering.

Court MAY (later!) be the way forward.

For now, you have had good advice.

If it later comes to court they won't be able to even hint that you haven't tried all reasonable measures to avoid it going to court, which is one of the court's expectations.

Even with these, were it to need to go to court you'd need to send them a "letter before action" setting out what you want, why, and giving them at least 14 days to settle before you start court proceedings. Again, this is an expectation of the court to leave court action as a "last resort".

If it becomes necessary : CAG can help you write it.