style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3676 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi need some advice/help before 3pm tomorrow.

Bailiffs arrived today after 1 missed an agreed payment over Christmas

'been paying every fortnight since October 2013'

I owe £173 which includes £24 for 1st visit and £18 2nd vist.

today they put a Levy on my friends car who is using my drive and

added costs of £29 walking possession

also £160 for coming out.

Total cost £363.

I showed them proof it wasnt my car

V5 and Insurance documents,

but they said they had m on surveillance driving the car so that proof wasnt enough.

THEY have clamped my friends car on drive till tomorrow?

I have never let them in my property nor have i signed any walking possession paperwork, not signed anything.

They kept threatening to take car, then gave me till tomorrow 3pm to pay the £363..

I have borrowed the £173 which i will pay the council direct in the morning,

but im so scared if i dont pay their £190 fees/charges that they have added on top they will still take car or keep clamp on.

Can anyone advice because my friend said if they dont take clamp off by tomorrow evening he will take clamp of

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I had to make an offer as they did the same thing to me and clamped a flat mates car.

I have just learned I didn't owe anything either

I will watch closely to see how you get on.

I imagine my chance of getting a refund is pretty slim!

I gather Rossendales are having a rough time of late

so hopefully another cagger can give you some help.

Good luck, they are being so mean for such a piffling little debt!

not the dreaded rossers again making up their own rules collecting council tax it looks like?

if the car is not YOURS

you owe them NOWT bar the 1st & 2nd visit fees [assuming they have PHYSICALLY BEEN TWICE]

you need as a MATTER OF URGENCY

to contact the head of collection/Council tax at the council.

TELL THEM what has happened.

the bailiff MUST removed the clamp.

you do not owe and levy fee nor van/attendance fee.

for you and the other poster too

if you paid by a DEBIT CARD

do a chargeback now.

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/visa-debit-chargeback/#axzz2lKiqY17K

state the payment was made under duress and stay on the phone

going up the chain till you get the money charged back.

next:

if you can pay you should be paying the council

direct via your internet banking site

never ever pay a bailiff.

but taken into consideration you MIGHT have 1st/2nd visit fees to pay VIA THE COUNCIL ONLY.

Here is something to be getting on with. First of all establish from the Council how much was owing etc You need

to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:

1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you

2 - the dates they were obtained

3 - the addresses they were for

4 - the period of time each covers

5 - how much each one was for

6 - how much is still outstanding

7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement

8 - the dates & amounts of any payments

Next you need to send off for a breakdown of the charges the Bailiff applied. Here's an example, use and adapt at

will and best sent initially by email backed up by a copy in the post.

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were Certificated at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are

obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for relpy.

My outstanding debt to council is £131 plus 2 visits from bailliffs - £173 which im going to pay to council in morning..

Just dont know what they will do about their charges of £190 added and the clamp.

Its not my car

i showed them proof with V5 and insurance documents,

but they wouldnt accept as proof saying they had me on camera driving it

so, still doesn't prove its your car.

the levy is invalid

so the van/attendance fees is invalid.

end off!

phone the council first thing in the morning settle

and demand they get that clamp taken off

ceo if you have too

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for relpy.

My outstanding debt to council is £131 plus 2 visits from bailliffs - £173 which im going to pay to council in morning..

Just dont know what they will do about their charges of £190 added and the clamp.

Its not my car

i showed them proof with V5 and insurance documents,

but they wouldnt accept as proof saying they had me on camera driving it

Twaddle, they ccan film anyone driving a car, and driving it can not be proof of owning it, as in Finance, Lease, Car rental etc etc, the bailiff is clutching at straws to keep their unlawful beer tokens. complain to MP as well as CEO and Elaeted Leader.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Rossendales wont let me pay the £173 saying they need to ring the Bailif from yesterday to see if any more charges and wont remove clamp till i send in proo car not mine... tried paying council wouldnt let me so back onto council on hold waiting... so upset

Rossendales wont let me pay the £173 saying they need to ring the Bailif from yesterday to see if any more charges and wont remove clamp till i send in proo car not mine... tried paying council wouldnt let me so back onto council on hold waiting... so upset

You can now twist this to suit yourself.

You have enough to make a complaint that the Bailiffs have refused to take a payment from you.

Also if they are demanding proof that you don't own a particular vehicle how are you supposed to do that.

It is time to involve your local Councillor(s) and bring them up to speed on what is happening.

You could also make a Formal Complaint to the Council CEO leaving him in no doubt that should they not sort this you will go straight to the Local Government Ombudsman.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Film the bailiff and say clearly on camera that it is not your car, and that the bailiff is not accepting proof of non ownership.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Rang Rossendales again

asking what charges are for on top of money im willing to pay,

they charged me a Levy of £29 on Car and £160 for coming out to me yesterday,

i have said well im not paying the extra £190 on a car that is not mine

and if they going to take the car then to come get out and take it so owner can take them to court to get his car back or come remove clamp.

At this moment nothing has happened Bailiffs have not returned, but owner wants to take his car tonight

stop ringing and offering payment to the bailiffs/company.

do not pay them, even what you think you might owe

PHONE THE COUNCIL-PAY THE COUNCIL

tell them what is going on.

dx

and they

A local authority cannot and MUST NOT refuse to accept a payment from a debtor. Of that I am certain.

If the council refuse to accept payment that you need to obtain the name of the person and advise them that you are considering making a formal complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman.

The matter of bailiffs 'levying' upon cars not owned by debtors is becoming worse than ever before and is very worrying indeed.

Debtors need to be aware that the local authority are wholly responsible for the levy and fees charged by THEIR AGENTS and accordingly, if there is a problem with the levy it is for the COUNCIL to address.

Bailiffs will state that a V5 is not proof of actual ownership but in the case mentioned by you the insurance is also NOT in your name either. It is vital that this matter is brought to the attention of Head of Revenue's at the local authority TODAY.

brought to the attention of Head of Revenue's at the local authority TODAY.

ask the switchboard to be put through.

and they

Feel like banging my head against a brick wall, council will not take payment cos of Bailiff fee's outstanding, how can i pay online to Council its an old debt no referrence number, also owner of car is after Angle Grinding clamp off his car tonight will i get into trouble cos it wont come off any other way so will damage chain on clamp?

Right got another lady on phone via Council and demanded they take money i owe them regardless of fee's i may or may not have with the Bailiffs that was my problem, so she has taken the £173 and sending me a reciept of payment... So now i owe Bailiffs £190 which is invalid as its not my car, whats my next action to get clamp off??????????

post 19.

tell them if their bailiffs clamp IS NOT REMOVED in XX hrs

it will be cut off

if you can do it [look on the net there are ways - to remove it without damage:madgrin:

go via the councils main switchboard

or tell us thecouncil

and we'll find the info i'm sure

or email him directly

most council website provide email addresses

dx

and they

Feel like banging my head against a brick wall, council will not take payment cos of Bailiff fee's outstanding, how can i pay online to Council its an old debt no referrence number, also owner of car is after Angle Grinding clamp off his car tonight will i get into trouble cos it wont come off any other way so will damage chain on clamp?

How can you be held responsable for someone removing their car from your drive? You know nothing about how it went!

Ok will do also looked online and cant get it off without angle grinding the lock on the chain. Sure if i ring Rossendales as council keep telling me to, the Bailiff will have to remove it as their charges are not classed as a debt, i have just paid the council debt and its out my bank now

Hi Guys email Rossendales to come remove clamp as i dont owe anything etc, the Clamp is a London Triangle Clamp, my son is threatening to take off in few hours, can they reclamp it tomorrow? can i ask them to collect their clamp or whats best thing to do