Vodafone - New Contract - Signal Issues, fobbed off with excuses

kregrs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Approx 2 weeks ago I took out a 24 month contract with Vodafone via The Carphone Warehouse, along with a LG G2 handset, having previously had a Virgin Media 24 month contract.

Since starting the contract (incidentally, my partner also took an identical contract and phone, with Vodafone and has the same issues as myself), the signal has dropped off, to the point that it is impossible to make calls using the 3g service, and Vodafone can only suggest we stick to using a 2g service. Having spoken to CPW, who were unwilling to help and pointed us to Vodafone, we have been, for the past 3 days, fobbed off with various excuses by Vodafone customer services, each time assuring us of resolution of the issue the next day etc. It is not only calls that were are unable to make and receive, we are unable to use any data services at home, and extremely patchy coverage when out and about.

Having checked the coverage map, it shows our postcode as having good 3g signal, both indoors and out, and customer services initially deny any issues, although when pushed they always come back with "an issue has been identified in our area and the engineers are resolving it in the next few hours", this has become their daily excuse, but it is never resolved, and, having checked various forums, it seems it is an ongoing problem in various parts of Ipswich, since before Christmas 2013.

What can we do? we don't want to be tied into a 2yr contract if we are unable to receive the service we are paying for, but Vodafone are adamant we are unable to terminate the contract, and that the 1st 7 days of the contract was our cooling off period, and that by continuing to use the service we have accepted the service and are now stuck.

Just out of interest, our Virgin Media contracts, we always had a 3g signal, and never had any issues like this.

I personally took out the contract as I have just started my own business, and I am losing work because of these issues.

So, what can be done? Our treatment as new customers has been disgusting, this isn't the service we are paying for.

Can anyone help?

Lee will be along soon... ?He will sort you out as best he can.

If you send an email through the contact us section and mark it WRT135 or WRT165 then he will come to you.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Yes indeedy, Lee will be back on either Monday or Tuesday.

He is very good, but note he may take a while so you'll need to be patient

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

If my ordeal was anything to go by you will be stuck with it or be forced to pay out more money to buy a booster box.

Don't bother with the drones in their 1st line support all they do is read a script and ask you do take the same steps each time.

Lee wasn't helpful but it was only because the company is a shambles. I have 3 contracts with them and they worked fine for a week or two and then in my house I couldn't pick up a signal. Just because there heat maps (Shows signal quality in the area,) said that can't be the case you are in a good area and that was it. So far I am dealing with the Ombudsman to get it resolved as Voda refuse to do a thing.

Having travelled 30 miles away today to a different town, sitting in a house with another Vodafone user who is getting a full signal, yet my partner and I have just 1 bar of signal. What are the chances of it being an issue with the phone? From what I understand, Vodafone don't offer the LG G2 as a phone, it was CPW who 'pushed' the phone as an alternative to an S4, and after todays experience, its got me wondering if it might be an issue with the handsets? And if this is the case, would we be looking to CPW to take the phone back and issue a different handset? Do we have any rights here?

Having spoken to the friend we were with, ruled out the phones being at fault. They're using a 2g signal.

Also having spoken to friends locally on Vodafone, its not a recent issue, its been going on for months.

I'd also like to know, when taking out the contract, unlimited calls and texts and 2gb data with a promotional offer of an extra 4gb so a total of 6gb, on my online bill it only states 2gb, where's my other 4gb gone?

It seems to me the best resolution to this would be to cancel this contract and go elsewhere, I know the Vodafone rep is going to look in on this, but so far Vodafone have refused to acknowledge this as an issue, and keep pointing me to the only way out of this for signal issues is if service is lost for 7 days or more, which it hasn't been. Can anyone advise as to what the situation is regarding paying for a service which I'm not getting, namely 3g, 4g when available, but having to switch the phone to 2g to be able to use the network? Defies the reasoning behind having the handset, LG's flagship smart phone.

Hi kregrs,

Thanks for making me aware of your concerns.

I've received your email and will get back to you as soon as possible.

For the benefits of other customers who come across this thread, I'd recommend following the troubleshooting steps on our eForum here for further help with network related queries.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK