style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3785 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Got a call from my mother today saying bailiffs left a letter through the door

saying I owe them over £600 for two penalty charge notice(parking tickets from about a year ago).

I live at my parents house and have been unemployed for the last 6 months and not claiming JSA.

I have no money and no longer have the car.

I phoned the bailiff to explain my situation and to see if he would send the debt back to the court

but he wasn't having any of it.

I know he can't take my parent's possessions but he said unless they can prove what they own he can take them.

Please can you give my some advise.

Thanks

Liam

The key here is, dont let the bailiff into you parents home, he cant take what he has no access too.

Also may be worth your parents getting a stat declaration to clarify that they belong to them. He then can do nothing

if these are council tickets you need to deal with them quickly.

why have you not done so to date?

you must have gotten next steps letters etc?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the fast replies.

I don't know why I didn't pay the fines before and trust I feel bad for getting me and my parents in this situation.

How do I go about getting the declaration so my parents stuff can't be touched.

Is it also worth getting in touch with the council to see of i can arrange payment with them?

Thanks

Liam

The Council will refuse as their argument is that you will probably have had 5 prior notifications of each one. A Statutory Declaration can be done at most Solicitors or Commissioners for Oaths - usually no appointment needed and costs approx £10 but you may need 2 or 3 copies. They just swear a simple declaration that all items in and around the property are theirs and the only things you own are the clothes you stand up in - that's just a basic grasp. However providing entry is denied to him then they don't even need do that.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If this debt relates to unpaid PCN's then the bailiff is NOT permitted to gain entry into the property unless by being invited.

The problem that you will have however is that the warrant of execution states upon it your vehicle registration number. If this same vehicle is parked outside of your home then it stands a VERY high chance of either being clamped or removed. You need to be very careful of this.

Do you still have the car and if so..how much roughly is it worth and is the car subject to finance/HP?