Moorcroft new template letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3759 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It is still going on. Wendyboats first posted in August and it is such a complicated situation which has to be taken back to the original court case. I was so shocked when I read her first post. She has had the most amazing help here, particularly from the Mould, when solicitors failed to help her. The whole thing has had to be unravelled. Wendyboats has had to learn a lot in a very short period of time, but she is doing incredibly well. She is being amazing and we are all there to support her.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They should have been challenged immediately they tried to lump the three debts together in order to get them over the £750 threshold for bankruptcy.

Most early Capital One agreements are not enforceable, and I gather that a lot of phone contracts aren't either. Lowells were getting away with a lot and I hope wendyboats can now turn the whole thing on its head.

Going back to debt purchasers and claiming. If you read some of the threads you will see how active some of them are. Arrow Global and Lowells spring to mind. There are threads that I have lost track of , one by Rizlajon that shows what can happen

As DD says, you can't just go and say this in UE M'lud because I say so you have to be able to say this is UE beacuse 1) The DN is bad, 2) They did not fully comply with my CCA request because x y z 3) I did not sign that agreement because if you look the charges weren't applicable at that time or something similar.

I have an Amex agreement and all they can send me is an online application form and an unsigned agreement. There is nothing with my signature, digital or otherwise that contains any PT's . They also claim that it was an online application and later that i signed the box on the form. If so where are they?

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Thank you for all he replies. To sum up then, DCA's can be unpredictable, if they get a sniff of equity they will go for it via statutory demand and/or Bankruptcy. The best way to deal with them is to ignore them or reply in such a way as o make them move on to the next account.

They are comparable in my mind to mentally deficient un-caged feral animals, who may run attack or cringe depending on how they perceive their prey. {Blimey I am waxing lyrical}

So always expect the unexpected. Have I got it right?

De R

It's impt to take on board a variety of opinions which I'm glad you seem to have done. I'm chipping in merely to state that I approach DCAs from exactly the opposite position from Daniella.

I think it's impt *in most circumstances* NOT to respond to any of their mail.

Lowell are no special case. They

go for SDs if you have property and CCJs if you have income,

but there are always adequate hints in their vitriolic mail prior to reaching such measures. They prefer coercion to court, to save cost and hassle.

I have multiple accounts with a face value of over £60K in Lowell.s tender loving care, I respond to none of the detritis they have been spewing out at me for more than 3 years, including "will go to court on (DATE)"-threats.

Arrow Global have been singled out in this thread, as well as Lowell, for their virulence. I think people are confusing quantity and quality. Both are large, that's the only reason they feature so much on threads.

As regards any hierarchy of DCAs,

such talk is pretty meaningless, imho. We each have our own experiences.

That's why it's essential to take on board a variety of views.

I agree with you on a number of points, oleg.

I think you are more likely to be targeted if you have a property and/or CCJs if you have income too. So if this is the case I do think it's important to try and head them off.

But it's also true that the debt buyers are at the top of the hierarchy, for want of a better word, compared with the bottom feeders like Newmans, for example.

As you say, we all have our own experiences but I have to say I would much rather put a DCA on the spot and get them to admit that an account is unenforceable and they are going to write if off rather than live with it hanging over me. Even an admittance from a DCA that an agreement is unenforceable without the write off is very good news.

I appreciate that a debt owner will often act with more gusto than a mere collector. I meant there's no hierarchy within either camp. I should have distinguished DCAs from purchasers. It gets complicated cos some work as both.

Why single out Newman? Yes, they're vile: so are most of the pack.

As for bottom feeding, well they belong to Transcom who, it must be said, are no tiddlers.

If you ever get a letter with the words letter of claim or letter before action (LBA) you must not ignore.

Some DCA's are more prone to play letter tennis. I have found Wescot always reply, in fact so quickly I sometimes think they have just made up their clients response . I do think it is always good to state your position be it communicate in writing, no doorstep. Try to keep it professional and matter of fact. I have to admit I have not always managed that but my rant entitled Dear F**KWits did shut them up for over a year.

The othet thing is that multiple names belong to the same people and they will send letters with different letterheads which I am sure is psychological harassment .

I suppose it is generally what works for you with some provisos .

Make sure you keep all copies of letters and proof of postings as it can influence a DJ if you can show you have tried to keep lines of communication open.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

One of my favourites was to reply to Robinson Way in the same vein as their letter to me, pointing out the folly of persuing an alleged debt which had already been discontinued in court and for which I had a crime reference. I also ended up dealing with the then infamous Hayley Felton (wonder what happened to her?) and told her I got more sense out of my puppets than I got out of her.

I had a voicemail from Ruthbridge yesterday which I have ignored and should they be foolish to phone again I will state to write to me.... the alleged debt in their case is only 'fees' after I had paid an original creditor ONCE they had sorted out my problems! They insist I owe them £35 for the priveledge!

I never had the pleasure of dealing with Hayley, but were you on Sunflower's CapOne thread when we were all having dealings with Ellie Renshaw? Ellie would not supply agreements and didn't even want to speak to any of us. We all wrote to her suggesting that we could come up on a coach at the same time to read our agreements as this would clearly make life easier for her. We were going to take a picnic, cream tea, wine and champagne and set up opposite their offices. We even said we'd be happy to give Ellie a glass of wine, but she still wouldn't talk to us at all. :sad:

I vaguely remember the Ellie Renshaw threads, they were very entertaining! Along with the varying ways of sending off the varying Mr Greens, Brown, White, et al all decending on various parts of the country at the same time each evening.... I think somebody even suggested if there was a teleporter available perhaps debtors could use it to avoid getting into debt in the first place!

It doesnt half make me wonder what ive missed when im away from the site :)

I love the fact that you guys stick it to them in the way that it should be done.

Everything ive learnt from here is from all of you. I remember the First ever letter of this kind i got from the now defunct Toothfairy Finance (Do you know how much joy i get from saying that)

I would have liked to have joined you for that summer picnic! That would have been so much fun ! :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis