DCA claimform for pos Statute Barred Lloyd Business loan/card debt.

popeye1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3811 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would say leave it until a few days before the official submission date. Just in case they send any thing in respect of your requests. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Issue date 23 Oct,so 5 days +14+14 .so I make it about the 25th Oct. I would do defence a few days before this date. Letters have been received by solicitors, just hope I have got it all right. They are over there time to reply to my letters.

Thanks

Issue date 23 Oct,so 5 days +14+14 .so I make it about the 25th Oct. I would do defence a few days before this date. Letters have been received by solicitors, just hope I have got it all right. They are over there time to reply to my letters.

Thanks

I think you probably mean 25th November :lol: If you don't, then you are very late !!

33 days from date of issue is certainly 25th November. It really is up to you.. you can submit early or wait until nearer the date.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

looking back, has your cca request expired with no response?

would it expire in time re def deadline? if so, maybe wait for that to pass at least?

or are you just doing the Stat Bar defence? if so, seems no real need to wait?

otherwise, prepare as is, and wait until a day or two before deadline?

Edited by Ford

Is this a loan secured on your property ?

SB on loans secured against land is 12 years of course.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

I do not think so .I am still not sure what it is for ,I did have a business loan .I hope it is not a secured loan.Iwondered what that ,Mortgaged property, ment

I do not understand that ,mortaged property, bit

What do you think of the letters above, I thought they should have all the documents mentioned in the POC already

I think it may be a good idea to check the land registry and see what charges are registered against your property

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

I do hope so.What about the ;14 days to respond to the claim; is that an extra 14 days.And should they already hold the paperwork from the POC before the start a claim

Thanks

Edited by popeye1
extra info

My guess it was a generic template some idiot probably used the wrong one

Either that or they had been checking to see if the OP had any assets prior to action, and the result was mistakenly written on this letter.

To Pm click on a persons profile and then click on the "send private message"

To provide a link copy and paste what is in the address bar of this thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?407405-Claim-for-poss-Statue-barred-debt-.&p=4399427#post4399427.

By the way no good trying it on mine as I can not send or receive pms

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Responding to S.O.S.

That was my thought at first.. was this loan a secured loan in which case it would be 12 years before you could claim statute barred.

However, if it was not a secured loan, then it is possibly they have typed that on in error. Probably checked to see if you still have a mortgage outstanding and entered that on the letter reference.

BCOBS

after the def deadline has passed and there has been no defence submitted, they can apply for default judgment (cpr part 12)

it seems as if they are giving you more time before they would do that, but it seems ambiguous.

really, you should consider getting a formal written def extension date (up to 28 days from the original deadline, as per cpr 15.5)

and for them to supply docs x days before that, or if not submit a defence in time as per original date to avoid a poss def judgment?

Edited by Ford

thats the prob in such circs where they don't supply the promised docs in time, what to do?

generally, would need the claimants consent, or the courts permission, to amend a defence (statement of case) once submitted. civil procedure rules part 17 etc

Edited by Ford