BW Legal notice - Stat Demand received - 2 Credit accounts merged ** SET a SIDE + COSTS **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3651 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most courts are behind with their admin by about 5 - 10 days.. although they are usually pretty swift with the hearing dates after that.

I am not quite sure how you would present your request for costs. I will find out for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If your application is successful then costs (fixed) will be awarded anyway with the order...did you request costs in the case within your affidavit?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, I've now had my court date!

I've not put the costs in yet, need to get onto it this week!

A few questions:-

1. I've had a Notice of Acting, does that mean that they are going to turn up at Court?

2. I've still not had my bundle back from the Court, will it come together with what the other side produce?

3. HBOS have sent a letter regarding the SAR, saying that I need to phone them so that they can confirm it is definitely me, as they can't identify me, do I phone them?

Hi guys, I've now had my court date!

I've not put the costs in yet, need to get onto it this week!

A few questions:-

1. I've had a Notice of Acting, does that mean that they are going to turn up at Court?

Possible a change of solicitor or they are perhaps using a local firm.

2. I've still not had my bundle back from the Court, will it come together with what the other side produce?

Not quite sure what you mean.. you should have kept a bundle for yourself... 3 copies.. one for you, one for the court and one for the opposition.

3. HBOS have sent a letter regarding the SAR, saying that I need to phone them so that they can confirm it is definitely me, as they can't identify me, do I phone them?

Yes, telephone them regarding the Subject Access Request. But that is all you speak to them about... they will probably just go through a few security questions with you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yes, I thought that too citizen, but when I went to court, he insisted that I need to leave all 3 bundles and that they will be returned to me via post.

One bundle for the judge, one for the witness box and one for the Defendant. The bundles will be returned to you after the hearing.

You should have received your bundle in the post at the same time as being notified of your hearing date ? It is always best to take an extra copy of these things for yourself, just to be on the safe side.

Might be worth calling the court to ask them if they have sent.

Yes, I thought that too citizen, but when I went to court, he insisted that I need to leave all 3 bundles and that they will be returned to me via post.

Wrong. Court staff are not legally trained and they are forbidden from providing you or any litigant acting in person with legal advice. You file one bundle for Court, serve one bundle on the Claimant and retain one bundle for yourself to refer to and rely upon .

Kind regards

The Mould

Thanks guys, I will phone the court first thing tomorrow!

I'm really annoyed though, because I asked him for it back and he said no, they need to keep it, I asked for it again and I said that I'm sure that I have to take my copy with me now, as I recall doing that last time and he said that I definitely can't take it, as they need to stamp it and then they will send it back to me through the post.

Incidentally, when will I receive the other side's witness statement?

Right, update, I phoned the court and they are sending me copies of the bundle (not received them yet though) which I should've been allowed to take home, but wasn't!

I have received nothing in response from the other side, neither has the court. So all I need to do now is submit the costs (hearing is next tuesday) do I just write an invoice and get it to them before Monday?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Right, update, I phoned the court and they are sending me copies of the bundle (not received them yet though) which I should've been allowed to take home, but wasn't!

I have received nothing in response from the other side, neither has the court. So all I need to do now is submit the costs (hearing is next tuesday) do I just write an invoice and get it to them before Monday?

You ought to have retained your bundle, it is clear to me that you know this, so, relax on this point, you have your copy right?

Submit your cost as an invoice, to include all correspondence with the Claimant and attendance with him as regards this case, to include - emails, telephone calls, faxes and any letters that youn have sent him and any response from him in respect of any of foregoing.

I hope the foregoing is of some help to you.

Kind regards

The Mould

ok guys, please can you check over this and let me know if it's ok?

Costs For set aside Application Case No xxx

Court xxx

Rate Claimed Litigant in Person rate of £9.25 / hour

Travelling Costs HMRC Approved Mileage Rate of 40p / mile

1) Time spent identifying and understanding relevant legislation.

Time spent identifying and understanding relevant case law.

Time spent preparing affidavit and skeleton argument.

18 hours £166.50

2) Time spent communicating with Respondent and swearing affidavit

2 hours £ 18.50

3) Loss of day’s wages for attending court on xxx £ 80.00

4) Travelling costs for return journey to court 2 x 20 miles £ 16.00

Total £281.00

Notes

Before undertaking this myself I approached a solicitor to handle this. I was given an estimate of 3 to 6 hours at £170/hour to prepare the Application (£510-£1020) plus extra for attending the court.

I respectfully request that the court give consideration to awarding these costs on the indemnity basis or, in the alternative, on the standard basis as I believe, in any case, that they have been proportionately and reasonably incurred and/or are of a proportionate and reasonable amount.

In support of this request, I would also like to refer the court’s attention to the authority of the High Court in the case of:-

Hammonds (a firm) v Pro-Fit USA Ltd [2007] EWHC 1998 (Ch)

In this case, Mr Justice Warren confirmed that it was usual for an indemnity award to be made:-

27 So far as disputed debts are concerned, the practice of the court is not to allow the insolvency regime to be used as a method of debt collection where there is a bona fide and substantial dispute as to the debt. Save in exceptional cases, the court will dismiss a petition based on such a debt (usually with an indemnity costs order against the petitioner

I think the hourly rate is now £19.00 per hour. Can someone else confirm?

£18 per hour. It increased to £18 during 2011.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

ok guys, please can you check over this and let me know if it's ok?

Court xxx

Rate Claimed Litigant in Person rate of £9.25 / hour

18 hours £166.50

2 hours £ 18.50

3) Loss of day’s wages for attending court on xxx £ 80.00

4) Travelling costs for return journey to court 2 x 20 miles £ 16.00

Total £281.00

Notes

Before undertaking this myself I approached a solicitor to handle this. I was given an estimate of 3 to 6 hours at £170/hour to prepare the Application (£510-£1020) plus extra for attending the court.

I respectfully request that the court give consideration to awarding these costs on the indemnity basis or, in the alternative, on the standard basis as I believe, in any case, that they have been proportionately and reasonably incurred and/or are of a proportionate and reasonable amount.

In support of this request, I would also like to refer the court’s attention to the authority of the High Court in the case of:-

In this case, Mr Justice Warren confirmed that it was usual for an indemnity award to be made:-

27 So far as disputed debts are concerned, the practice of the court is not to allow the insolvency regime to be used as a method of debt collection where there is a bona fide and substantial dispute as to the debt. Save in exceptional cases, the court will dismiss a petition based on such a debt (usually with an indemnity costs order against the petitioner

My understanding is that an untrained litigant acting in person rates are now £18 per hr, soooooooooo, amend your claimed costs in this matter to reflect these new rates that you are entitled to..

Kind regards

The Mould

Hoping I can get some quick advice so I don't make a daft mistake again!

I'm off to court with to lodge the costs ready for next week's hearing.

1.How many copies do I need?

2.Is this in the correct format:-

Court xxx

Rate Claimed Litigant in Person rate of £18.00 / hour

18 hours £324.00

2 hours £ 36.00

3) Loss of day’s wages for attending court on 17.12.13 £ 80.00

4) Traveling costs for return journey to court 2 x 20 miles £ 16.00

Total £456.00

Notes

Sorry stan, looks like your S>O.S was missed.

You need 3 copies, one for you, one for the court and one for the opposition. You could post the oppositions to them.

BCOBS