BW Legal notice - Stat Demand received - 2 Credit accounts merged ** SET a SIDE + COSTS **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3664 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I have two threads open regarding two HBOS credit cards that I have not paid since Aug 2008 due to hardship.

I was sent dodgy DN's for both and have been passed around practically every DCA going.

I have not had much dealings for a year or so, but since August this year, I have received a few letters from Lowell and a notice of assignment from BOS. I have ignored all of them.

Last week I had two separate home visits from BW Legal (I wasn't home for either, but had a card posted through letterbox)

I have today received a letter through the post stating that they will attend again next week and if I am not at home, they will post the Stat Demand through the door and this will be the day of service.

These two threads are regarding my HBOS cards:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?187638-HBOS-defalt-notice/page2

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?252083-HBOS-credit-card-can-they-do-this

This thread is regarding my HBOS card, plus my AMEX and Barclaycard

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?160532-can-anybody-advise-me/page3

HELP!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If/When you receive the demands then please come back to us immediately.

You will have 18 days from the date of "service" in which to make application to the court to have it set aside. Do not worry about the date of the actual letter.

If you could update this thread with the details, then I will move you to the Legal Section so everyone can pile in with advice.

If you could let us know how the DNs are deficient, that would be good.

Have you sent a CCA request which has not been complied with. If you haven't sent a request already, get one in the post to Lowells immediately.

Did you enter into any communication regarding your hardship with either the original creditor or Lowells. (I am just assuming that the accounts have been assigned to Lowells because they do use BW Legal). Can you confirm this ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Really glad that you've replied citizenB, you helped me to help my partner get his stat demand set aside, a few years ago, so I do have experience as I went to court on the day with my partner and it was successfully set aside.

Let me answer your questions -

post #11 on this thread has one of the DN's, the other DN is the same. They both only give 14 days from date of letter, so both deficient because of this!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?252083-HBOS-credit-card-can-they-do-this

I have sent a CCA to the original creditor in the past (2009) which was never complied with. I will send another today, shall I send it to lowells, or BW legal? Has the letter changed, or shall I send the same one I sent in 2009?

I sent a hardship letter to the original creditor back in 2008, but I have not replied to any correspondence from lowells so far.

ps

I'm not sure if they are grouping the two accounts together or it's just one, there is no identifiable ref number on the recent letter, however lowells have been sending me separate letters for both accounts.

well you 've already batted capquest away on one of the card for an SD

so this should be a walk in the park

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, that is going to be the problem isn't it.. you don't know if they have merged the two accounts..

Yep, the DN is defective :) and if they have not complied with the s78 request that is two good reasons for set aside.

Lets see what they have to say for themselves on the Demand and we can take it from there. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Shall I use the same CCA letter, or has it changed?

Also, should I send a SAR to hbos?

another thing, I am going to put both accounts on the CCA, so should I send £2, so that's £1 for each account, or will the £1 be suffficent?

Plus, they have also got two different account numbers, so four in total rather than the correct 2, but they are very similar, so prob just a typo. should I include these account numbers too? These are different from lowells own account numbers, they are the original acc no.

Edited by superstarjan

yes cca lowells of both accounts.

adapt the following text to YOUR details.

DO NOT SIGN THE LETTER!

get a £1 BLANK Postal order

write on the back.

for statutory £1 CCA FEE ONLY.

NOT FOR ACCOUNT PAYMENT

leave the payee BLANK

post the two off by 1st class post, get proof of posting from PO counter - ITS FREE!!

they have 12+2 WORKING days to comply.

firm demanding money

street,

town,

county

postcode

Dear Sir/Madam

Account/Reference Number 12345678

I do not acknowledge any debt with your Company or Associates

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.[77/78/79]

[***DELETE AS NECESSARY FOR YOUR TYPE OF ACCOUNT***

77/78 - everything bar HP agreemwnts, 79 for HP]

of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account,

together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide,

including a detailed statement of the account.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit.

You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77 will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment,

and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor.

In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189.

If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement,

you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee.

Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request,

you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity,

and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Mr A N Other [PC print yourname - do NOT sign it!]

and SAR HBOS get all the statements

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you should have done that last week

yes do it today by RD

get down the PO now.

dx

and they

Sent off the CCA on Thursday.

Had SD delivered today, they didn't knock on, they just posted it through letterbox and they have combined my two cards.

Should I send SAR to HBOS?

Do not sit on it!!!!!!!!!!! get it off 1st class Recorded straight away!

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

sar to hbos

cca to lowells

click the library tab top left

dx

and they

no one sar only

should get you back everything on all accounts with them

dx

and they

thank you

sorry to mither, just checking i've got it right, is it the full SAR? This one:-

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998 - SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

ACCOUNT /REF NUMBER XXXXXXXX

Please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time.

Please note that I require disclosure of any personal data which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings with you.

This Subject Access Request includes - but is not limited to any data you hold about me in respect of any matter and held in any form including notes, screen notes, recordings, internal correspondence and external correspondence. Please note that this Subject Access Request is not limited to the account/reference number mentioned above but that number has been provided purely as a starting reference for you.

For the avoidance of doubt, and as stated above, this Subject Access Request requires disclosure of ALL personal data which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings with you

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return.

If I do not hear from you then I will assume that this Statutory Request is satisfactory and that the 40 day timescale has started.

that'll do add a line too

I require copies of all/any agreements under whatever type of finance within your group of financial trading names

and they

right, all done, I sent the postal order blank and signed for

Another thing I need to ask about, after they sent the faulty DN,they then terminated the agreement and I sent them the letter accepting their unlawful rescission, does this still hold any bearing?

Edited by superstarjan

Hi, stan, responding to reported post - is it the Stat Demand that has now been served on you ?

BCOBS

Yes it has now been served, they came yesterday, they didn't knock on, they posted it and ran!!

For my own information -

Documents you will require :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...atutory-Demand

Further info for you to digest :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ervice-By-Post

Another thing I need to ask about, after they sent the faulty DN,they then terminated the agreement and I sent them the letter accepting their unlawful rescission, does this still hold any bearing?

I am actually not too sure about this statement now, stan.. hopefully someone will be able to confirm.

BCOBS

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

The 40 days starts when they receive the fee so if it's not correct I'd agree with what they say.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.