Myhermes forged signature

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3840 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I ordered a staple gun from ebay, which never arrived, myhermes being the courier company.

I informed the seller that i had never received the item,

they said the item had been delivered and a signature obtained.

The date of delivery was when both myself and my wife were at home all day and nobody came to my door.

I asked the seller for proof of delivery, who emailed me the myhermes slip which had in the signature box not a signature as such but a series of loops.

(whoever tried to sign would not know my signature because only my first and last name were on the delivery slip)

I informed the seller and ebay that nobody delivered to our premises and the signature was fraudulent.

Needless to say both him and ebay were not interested .

During this time my wife had a delivery to our address from the myhermes lady, being i live in a small town she is the sole myhermes agent.

I questioned her about the staple gun and she admitted that the delivery of my wifes handbag that day was the first time she had visited my house

and that she had been the myhermes agent for my area for some time.

I know the value of the item is not great but the fraud part and imagining more of this is occurring makes me want to take action.

I have contacted myhermes by phone but they will not discuss this event with me and tell me to contact the seller and ebay are useless.

I am thinking about making a small claim against this but i am wondering if it should be against the seller or myhermes.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Your claim will be against the seller as it is they who used the courier company to deliver the item not you. Thus it should be them that claims against the courier company.

I would get a signed statement from your local My Hermes agent stating that she did not make the delivery in question - if she is prepared to do that.

If the seller is not interested then a 'Letter before action' is the next step - then the Small Claims if things are not resolved. As the seller cannot prove delivery (except with an easily disprovable signature) I think you should win quite easily.

how did you pay ebay/paypal?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for your replies I paid by paypal,

i contacted the seller stating my intended actions and they have agreed to send another item,

I wait to see if it arrives.

I will certainly try to ascertain in future which sellers use myhermes and avoid them.

I know you paid by paypal!

how do you pay your paypal bill?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

then the bottomline is you can do a chargeback

however as it seems to be being sorted

keep that up your sleeve.

dx

and they