style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3717 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi ,Have had two visits from the bailiff thus far with no contact just had the notification of bailiff visit letter ,one with £18 fee the other £24.50. Have phoned the council to say i am happy to pay the arrears at £100 a month plus £25 weekly ,they refused and told me deal with bailiffs as they are dealing with it now to which i added i have no intention of dealing with them and would only deal directly with the council after which i said i would be setting up standing orders anyway as the debt needs to payed.

I'm hoping somebody can clarify for me wether a warrant can cover 2 periods of council tax as there was an element of 2012 unpaid and the rest is the whole of this year, so long as i don't let the bailiff in he can claim no further charges and if they return the debt to the council will i be told of any further court hearings.

Have read as much information as i can on this and just want to check i'm correct in my thinking any advice will be gratefully recieved

Thanks

• 4 months later...

Hi Just to update,having called the council and explained i would not be doing business with the bailiffs and offering to pay regular amounts (which i was told i couldn't do as it was already in the bailiffs hands and they could only take full payment) .I ignored this and payed regular amounts and There have been no visits from the baillif at all ,so in short don't always believe what they tell you when you call as i'm sure someone other than the bailiff is profiting from their current policy and better still dont even give them the opportunity in the first place (easier said than done sometimes)