Recommend a loan provider that would use car to loan against?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, i am hoping someone can recommend a good place to get a loan from? I am currently unemployed but i do own my car outright worth several thousand £, and am looking for a loan provider that will use my car as collateral. Please note i am NOT after any logbook loan type companies, but a provider that maybe you have had experience with and can recommend. I have tried the internet comparison sites but they do not allow me to enter the car to take the loan against.

(apologies if this is not in the correct forum, please move if necessary).

I think you are unlikely to receive this type of recommendation on this forum.

We help people when they have ended up on the wrong side of these companies when the borrower has suddenly found themselves unable to repay the loan amount.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi there,

It's likely that the only type of loan you'll find will be of the 'log book loan' nature, these are known as a bill of sale with the security aspect underpinned by an archaic set of rules introduced during the Victorian reign(!). One of the key reasons why log book loans are used is that the vehicle can easily be repossessed upon default - without the need of a court order.

If you're unemployed I would seriously suggested avoiding loans of this nature.

Are you looking to borrow to pay of existing borrowing?

If you are unemployed (receiving benefits?) what ever finance you seek will be refused, as you will not be able to show that you can service the repayments required.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

just to say occasionally a peraon who is employed needs access to cash and has a poor credit rating for one reason or another and cant get an ordinary one, dont know if i can suggest this but a reputable pawnbroker may be able to help not a loan shop

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

some pawnbrokers will take cars, but these tend to need to be high end.

You will find lenders willing to lend to you, but the issue you will find is that the type of outfit that will lend to you is the type that will do so intending to have the car. If you are unemployed how will you repay the loan?

• 3 weeks later...

Can't you sell the car?

you can live off the money for the short term, maybe downgrade to a cheap run about if you need personal transport or join a car share club...

...you could also join one of the firms that allow you to rent your car out by the hour, that would provide you with a little income when you're not using the car.

People who haven't made mistakes, haven't made anything!