Cahoot

floricita
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I opened a cahoot bank account back in 2006.

This had an overdraft facility of £300 on it.

This wasn't my main account and I didn't pay 100% attention to it.

My balance was in the overdraft.

in 2007 the overdraft interest caused the account to go over the overdraft.

Subsequently £35 charges were levied on the account each month + interest.

The account got to £2000 and I sent them a letter at the time of the dispute with banks stating the charges were unfair. The banks won this case.

the last I heard from them was in 2009 with a threatening letter saying that I owed them £2900 odd pound in that account.

Since then I have heard nothing from them about this account.

I don't have access to the account online either anymore.

Now I'm clearing up all my debts I shudder to think what the amount is on this account.

Probably close to £6000-7000 if past fees have been the same.

Now I don't know what to do?

I also have a credit card with them which I want to clear up and make a claim for the charges to clear that debt

but I'm worried that if I notify them about that it could awaken the giant and they may start chasing the other debt.

I'm in the process of clearing up all my debts but this is by far the most worrysome and unclear one

I have as I do not know where I stand and any advice would be appreciated.

When was the last time you made payment to the debt, and made written acknowledgement to it? I wouldnt worry about the amount that it MIGHT be at now, as it would be considered extremely unfair and wont go near a court. I say this because they have had YEARS to do something and they havent.

Best thing to do is check your credit record and see if its listed.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I hadn't used the account since about 2007.

The question is what should I do about it?

And should I still go ahead and make a claim for the credit card charges? even though this may alert them to this bank account?

If you acknowledged it in writing in 2009 then it wont be SB yet. Written acknowledgement means you stating it is YOUR debt

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

If you acknowledged it in writing in 2009 then it wont be SB yet. Written acknowledgement means you stating it is YOUR debt

Imp is correct im afraid :/

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

They wrote to you, but did you reply or send something to make them send you a letter?

Do you think it is safe to make a claim for the credit card charges?

What would happen if they did bring this up? The whole amount owed is due too me going over my OD because of interest an then subsequent charges and interest applied, none of it excepet the original od is borrowed money

Ok. In this instance, i would send out a SB letter. HOWEVER, if it isnt on your credit file, and you havent heard anything from them since 2009, do NOT go writing. Let sleeping dogs lie.

Youa r elooking for an entry that matches up with the debt. If it isnt there, or is close to being auto removed, dont nudge them yet. You can start the claim, but you would be admitting the debt, so it might be worthwhile holding on till it goes SB.

credit card charges outside of 6yrs success is very rare,

get your cra file.

if the debts show then what are the default dates please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Imp is correct im afraid :/

too much guessing and blind leading the blind going on with newbies.

if you don't know the ans

better to keep quiet

and learn rather than guess.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

sev times here you ask about CC charges

bank charges

no hope even within 6yrs

dx

and they

I think you misunderstand.

I have a credit card with cahoot. Charges have been applied in the past 6 years which I want to claim back.

I also have a bank account with cahoot,

which went over the agreed Od because of interest.

I didn't use it since, and last time they wrote to me in 2009

after I challenged them with unfair bank charges the balance had run up to over £2000

because of charges and interest.

during that time I didn't use the account.

4 years later I have heard nothing but I shudder to think what the total is.

My questions were.

Should I still make credit card claim?

My fear in doing this is that it might "remind" them of my banking debts with them which seem to be forgotten about?

And how would I go about clearing the banking debt if I wanted to?

Or if they did bring it up again?

What is my position here.

Thank you

what are the default dates from the cra file

dx

and they

go do it see below

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Right I have taken your advise and purchased a stat credit rpeort. But I have never seen one and I do not understand it :(

For example it says I have defaulted with HSBC bank which I did, but then later I settled that.

And it says for cahoot bank that it was settled in sept 2010 but I have never settled it nor recieved letter of settlement.

any help here please?