Getting worse dont know what to do

phil76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Every council is different. Not all pay anything. Regardless if you have raised a family andmaybeburied your partner from there is it right toforce them to move

We can all say is it right about many many things this country does, and the answer is probably no, but in the here and now 1 person in a 4 bed property is a waste of the property, i mean just think, the way the law is now, you would need to have like 7 kids to get a 4 bed property

Phil,, maybe I missed it but how old is your mum. I can not imagine what its like to have parents split up, mine made 51 years until Dad was rude enough to die. Does your Dad work,, ifso should he help your mum out.

Are you looking after yourself, do you have family ?

You will be no use to anyone if you dont take care of yourself

I would like to add that the point about bedrooms is what the government want us to believe just as they want us to believe all single parents are scroungers and all sick people are faking it.

The housing system was flawed it is not the occupants fault.

I was told yesterday that there are plenty of one bed properties available if you dont mind luving between a drug dealer and a paedophile. Thats in my area anyway

Thanks for the reply

My mum is 55 and my dad is not in work because of mental illness

I don't have family of my own at the moment which is a good thing in a way less people to worry about me,I'm trying to stay strong for mum if she sees me upset it will make her worse,she knows about my problems and hates to see me like that

Your right about the government they think all sick are faking it,without doubt alot of people do but there's some who really do suffer with various health issues,if any of government ever got depression/anxiety they would know what me and lots more people are going through,it's absolute hell :(

That is very funny seing as you dont no ANYTHING about me, my point is still valid, 1 person in a 4 bed HA property, and the bedroom tax is also a joke, pensioners are exempt from it yet most of the people who should be affected by it are pensioners.

out of the 200 billion pounds the UK spends on welfare each year how much goes on state benefits due to being out of work or sickness benefit, about 10-15% how much goes on the elderly over 50% need i say more.

I am 29 with a young family, yet i will have to work until i am 80+ probably before i will get any pension, and when i do it will be peanuts.

Blame the people responsible not the person suffering...At 29 i would of thought you had learned the ways of the world by now...

Bark up the right tree.

Do you think it is ok for someone to live in a private 4 bed renting?

I think anyone should be able to live anywhere if they can pay for it. If they are claiming housing benefit for a 4 bed property & using only 1 of those bedrooms, or even 2, does that sound ok? I don't think anyone was blaming the OP's parents, but how can the government be blamed when they are 'supposedly' trying to sort it. Although they could find a better way, like actually build more affordable social housing for people to move to in the first place, as I have said before on here, Jersey doesn't let anyone stay in a social property once they have an extra bedroom, but they do rehouse them, rather than tell them to sort themselves out.

Anyway, this is going way off topic really...

Thing is,, in my opinion it is fine to say that as your needs change so should your benefits, so as family leave home you downsize. But you should not make it retrospective. It was not the person who lives there that asked for a permanent tenancy they were given one.

Blame the people responsible not the person suffering...At 29 i would of thought you had learned the ways of the world by now...

Bark up the right tree.

Do you think it is ok for someone to live in a private 4 bed renting?

This is a HA property, it is not owned by the OP parents and she has no need for a 4 bed now, she did once, but does not now.

If its private 4 bed with 1 person then yes thats fine, as the 1 person will not be paying subsidized rent as it is, if they want to spend x amount more to have a large house which is going to waste then let them.

my and my family (4 children+ wife) live in a 3 bedroom house . it is council owned the rent is £62.50 per week which is paid for by benefits . the woman next door to me lives in a 4 bedroom house with just her 19 year old daughter . her rent is £67.50 per week

she has to pay the bedroom tax , she even offered to swap with us but I refused ,my house is my home. my children have been raised here ,the only way I would move is if I was forced or I was lucky enough to win the lottery

and if I did I would take the neighbour with us ,you couldn't ask for a better neighbour,the other side of me is or was a family where the mum and dad are drug addicts and dealers ,they have just had there children took off them all 4 of them.

anyway my nephew has just been given a HA house brand new first tenants , the rent on this is £102 per week which is paid for them in full by benefits.

what annoys me is my neighbour has to pay £25 per week bedroom tax ,but my nephew gets more to his rent because his house is a new build .

if they paid a set amount for anyone who gets full rebate ,regardless of size of property then they would save a lot of money . not pay a set amount by property type or city .

This is a HA property, it is not owned by the OP parents and she has no need for a 4 bed now, she did once, but does not now.

If its private 4 bed with 1 person then yes thats fine, as the 1 person will not be paying subsidized rent as it is, if they want to spend x amount more to have a large house which is going to waste then let them.

You do realise that 54% of housing benefit is now paid to people living in private rented accommodation and they have no bedroom tax..

As you would expect my mum is not fit for work with all this going on :( Someone said earlier she needs to claim ESA.She will probably ring them tomorrow so what will happen?Will she need to have a sick note straight away and long does it normally take for claim to go through?

I'm so devastated,feeling terrible with my depression/anxiety :(

Thanks for any help

You do realise that 54% of housing benefit is now paid to people living in private rented accommodation and they have no bedroom tax..

I would dispute the 54% although yes i imagine it is quite high, my point still stands which no one had had a answer too, it is a HA property, the OP does not have a mortgage on it, it is not owned by them, they have no rights to a property of thats size now there circumstances have changed.

They have every right to that property. They will have an assure tenancy that states reasons for eviction and if they keep to their tenancy agreement they have every right to stay there!

Their right to what level of housing benefit is a different matter entirely.

If you live in pvt rented you only get a max of the LHA for your circumstances. So if I rented a two bed house I would only get the maximum for a one bed which in my area is about 370 pcm.

Rents vary according to area and so should benefits

They probably have bought it five times over with the rent they have paid over the years...

You and me will never get along,I believe in a fair society and to help the weakest members of it.. Where reading your posts..It is all about you..Shame really.

As you would expect my mum is not fit for work with all this going on :( Someone said earlier she needs to claim ESA.She will probably ring them tomorrow so what will happen?Will she need to have a sick note straight away and long does it normally take for claim to go through?

I'm so devastated,feeling terrible with my depression/anxiety :(

Thanks for any help

Yes, she will need a sick note (now called fit notes) straight away. It can take a week or two for the claim to go through. She won't lose any money.

They probably have bought it five times over with the rent they have paid over the years...

You and me will never get along,I believe in a fair society and to help the weakest members of it.. Where reading your posts..It is all about you..Shame really.

This made me laugh, so what you are saying is I'm not entitle to a opinion, and if I am, I'm wrong, I have already said numerous times the OP did at some point warrant having a 4 bed house, but does no longer require it, it's HA, so sod all the people living in actual poverty, lets let 1 or 2 people carry living in 4 bed houses, that's the way forward. You seem like rather a selfish person to me

If the tenancy does not allow for review then they do not need to move. I believe that new tenancies are open to review.

What is past is past and it is not fair to now change retrospectively