Abbey Credit Card - claim form Earlswood on behalf of Britannica

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3803 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes but this time the DJ decides:wink:

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

The fact that its been transferred to your local court means your application was successful...you can accompany your partner but its vital she attends...she only has to sit there and nod and answer the odd question.

If she does not attend she loses the application will be thrown out and could incur further costs.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

OK, we will both go. Out of interest whats the reason we have to attend? Do we explain how we got in this mess etc? Is the claimant likely to turn up and paint a bad picture of us as we were paying a reduced amount then stopped?

Thanks for all your help.

OK, we will both go. Out of interest whats the reason we have to attend? To support your application and present your I&E and proposed payment Do we explain how we got in this mess etc? No its not a trial you have already had that for the CCJ Is the claimant likely to turn up and paint a bad picture of us as we were paying a reduced amount then stopped? Only deals with your application and means to pay they may attend they may not better for you if they dont

Thanks for all your help.

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Andy. Just received the hearing date but its for the 22nd November at 12.35pm. That is the exact time of our daughters graduation ceremony for her degree! Absolutely typical, will they let us change the date?

This is a redetermination hearing I would think it be acceptable for none attendance but speak to the court first ...I wouldn't want you none attendance to jeopardize your application.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andy, I wrote to the court explaining that we could not make the hearing due to daughters graduation ceremony. I have received a letter back today saying I can either rearrange at a cost of £45 or let the hearing go ahead and send a letter with any further things we want to say. I don't really want to pay another £45 as I can use that towards the debt. Do you think I should send a letter to the judge explaining our absence and also why we got into the circumstance we are in (business loss due to cancer and recession)? Thanks.

It would be advisable to send a statement...as I have stated none attendance is usually curtains for the absent party

Hi Andy, I have put together a letter explaining the absence, how we got to the position we did with the business (recession and then cancer) plus why we stopped paying and now how we are able to start paying again (new job). I have also included wage slips for me and my partner to back up the figures.

Do you think I should put in a copy of the proof of the graduation ceremony?

Is that enough?

Ok let me know how this transpires then Snoogy

Regards

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Andy, finally got a letter through today from the hearing we couldn't attend on the 22nd. I have attached it for you as I it looks like good news to me! I put down £45 as a payment and the judge has said £40!

As long as I pay the £40 every month is that the end of it?

Thanks again for all your help :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48041[/ATTACH]

Yes well done Snoogy your redetermination was successful

Regards

Andy

Brilliant, thanks Andy. So as long as the £40 is paid they cannot hassle me?

No reason to

How much is the debt?

Its possible as a means of security...if its a single debt/ joint mortgage it would be a restriction as opposed to a Charging Order