style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3983 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if somebody could clarify the situation re: Controlled Zones. I have been issued with a PCN for parking in restricted area of Control Zone. I did contest it, stating that no curb markings, yellow lines - so I assumed okay? They replied, refusing my appeal, stating that in Controlled Zones, it is not a requirement for any yellow lines, curb markings etc?

So is it right then, that all is required are two 'controlled zone' signs, displayed (one on either side of road) at entrance to Controlled Area (high st) - at either end of course. But apart from that, the Council do not have to place any further signs or warnings along the whole of the Street (zone).

Any advice - much appreciated

thank you

Nadia Phillips:x

Sorry for lack of 'details' in order to assist you further, in offering advice.

The 'High Street' is Orpington High Street (BR5 postcode)

Have attached 2 x photos, one showing the signs which are at entrance to 'zone' - the other is the part of the street I had parked in. No yellows, curb markings or any other visible signs???

Hope this helps?

Thanks

Nadia Phillips

Sorry for lack of 'details' in order to assist you further, in offering advice.

The 'High Street' is Orpington High Street (BR5 postcode)

Have attached 2 x photos, one showing the signs which are at entrance to 'zone' - the other is the part of the street I had parked in. No yellows, curb markings or any other visible signs???

Hope this helps?

Thanks

Nadia Phillips

http://assets.dft.gov.uk/publications/traffic-signs-manual/traffic-signs-manual-chapter-03.pdf page 102

Thank you for the advice, I will write today requesting copy of the traffic regulations order.

Along the roadside that I had parked - there are no signs displayed at all. The only indication of it being a controlled zone, is the signage as you enter zone (at either end of the high st). Which I am only aware of - after the event.

I will go and double check these signs today, but the only signage along high street; relates to specific parking bays, most of which is loading and disabled, very few Park & Display bays, by comparison.

Will update later after I double check this.

Thanks again, you been a great help.

Nadia