• Tweets

• I didn't think as much came out of today's hearing but it's possible she admitted to a cover-up. Journos need to go through their notes. I should think a few people were upset about how the mediation scheme seems to have been set up to pay low or no compensation. Tomorrow they've abandoning Vennells to the mercy of the SPMs' lawyers for the whole day. That could be worth watching.
    • Like the poops - sorry its caused herself problems  and sorry the plebs didnt just shut up and rot in a ditch somewhere   Mind you, she'll likely have an eternity free of heating bills eh? - BUT lets get kingdom befores justice in first eh?
    • .. Which the poops dont give a monkeys about as long as they stay in power to enable their real income from their rel employers, and sunak doesn't care about as hell be jogging off back to america   Starmer better get a handle on these second jobs and ban them for all MPs as a matter of prime urgency. Then stop all the oustanding crony payments and get the chargebacks going while he sorts out the country.
    • Okay everything is normal. No surprises. I'm assuming that you are prepared to carry on. It's a pretty amazing defence because they even agree that the box arrived empty but even more astonishingly they agree that your parcel hasn't been handled with due care and attention. Their sole defence is that they limit liability to £20 unless you purchase extra insurance. In other words they contravene section 57 of the consumer rights act unless you purchase a secondary contract of insurance which is contrary to section 72 of the consumer rights act. These people are more stupid than the people at Hermes. I suggest that you carry on. We suggest that you avoid mediation. I believe that a new compulsory mediation scheme is coming in but I think that this is for cases which were begun after your claim date. We suggest that you go completely to trial and get every penny. Your chances of success are pretty well 100%. I hope you understand where you are on this and what the procedures are now. If you haven't then you have more reading to do. We suggest that you pay the money to continue and that you decline mediation.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

ESA some help please

Ali71
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4018 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:Ali71:

CAG has a guide to appealing disallowance of employment n support allowance at ;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?251737-Appealing-or-going-to-a-Tribunal-Some-useful-information

If you've the technology, there's a downloadable and printable GL24 at;

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/gl24-if-you-think-our-decision-is-wrong

Employment n support allowance comes under the generic term of 'benefit'.

Both the GL24 (if you can't print a copy) and a copy of your ESA85 should be available via telephone request from your benefit delivery centre. If they don't show within a few days repeat your request in writing.

Cos of the way Jobcentreplus process appeals, you'll need a new Med 3 (unfit) note to evidence your claim for assessment rate ESA until your appeal's decided. You may need to explain to your doctor that you're appealing a fit for work decision. If your doctor agrees that you're unfit for work, ask him/her to backdate the note to the date of disallowance. Assessment rate during reconsideration of fit for work decisions remains payable for appeals lodged before October 13.

Section 8 of the GL24 needs to be as detailed as possible with any supportive evidence you've already got, but don't delay sending it to wait for your ESA85 or supportive evidence. If necessary, basic reasons will do for now.

Sincerely, Margaret. :panda:

Hi

Not as far i was aware im in northen ireland and benefit system does differ over here.

I recieved assesment rate.

And my assesment was recently in april. But ues continuous sicknotes are required.

As of April 2013 any appeal a claimant makes automatically goes to a reconsideration with DWP, no payments are made in this time, this process could take an indefinate period, once DWP have made a decision, if not in your favour it then goes to a Tribunal appeal, I think but not totally sure assessment rates can then be paid....sick note still have to be sent to DWP to keep the claim open.... I stand corrected if things have changed from what was reported in the media in 2012...

Edited by swinginapig

:Clarification:

From a freedom of info response dated February 13;

'Once mandatory reconsideration is introduced ...... However, if claimants appeal following the completion of the mandatory reconsideration process, pending appeal payments will be paid as now, and payment will include the reconsideration period.

...... the mandatory reconsideration process will not be in use until October this year in respect of ESA.'

https://whatdotheyknow.com/request/timescales_for_mandatory_reconsi#comment-35941

And another freedom of info response on the same subject;

https://whatdotheyknow.com/request/appealling_esa_in_october_2013

Not saying I agree with the changes, I don't! They're :evil:.

Margaret.

:Ali71:

Later this year, Government intends to extend something called 'mandatory consideration of revision before appeal' to employment and support allowance, but you don't need to worry about it for the moment. If your doctor agrees to write Med 3 (unfit) notes Jobcentreplus should pay assessment rate employment n support for the duration of your appeal. (Subject to a time limit of 12 months for a contributions based award. After that you'll be able to apply for an income related award if you've no other income.)

Another contributor's mentioned reg 29. If you believe that work would risk your own or someone else's health, it's up to you to prove it.

Margaret.

Thankyou Margaret,I will ring dwp first thing mon.just not sure about sick note as I already sent one off to the dwp to cover me 10th may-10th June.don't know if doc will issue me another.they'd already made there decision on the 25/04 but they didn't send letter letting me know until 14/05.so complete waste of time sending that note in.at my wits end with it all ! Thanks for the clarification on dates.

Ali

:Clarification:

From a freedom of info response dated February 13;

'Once mandatory reconsideration is introduced ...... However, if claimants appeal following the

completion of the mandatory reconsideration process, pending appeal payments will be paid as now, and payment will include the reconsideration period

...... the mandatory reconsideration process will not be in use until October this year in respect of ESA.'

https://whatdotheyknow.com/request/timescales_for_mandatory_reconsi#comment-35941

And another freedom of info response on the same subject;

https://whatdotheyknow.com/request/appealling_esa_in_october_2013

Not saying I agree with the changes, I don't! They're :evil:.

Margaret.

Right thanks for that Margaret, I stand corrected, goverment have obviously changed the goal post"s again...

Hi

I failed my atos assessment got 0.Have been signed off sick since sept with depression/anxiety after the death of my father.Idiot at atos has basically said I'm absolutely fine esa65.waiting for esa85.Twisted it all and some things have been presumed and are not true.in the six weeks since this assessment my doc has doubled the dosage of my anti depressants and have seen a mental health worker at my GP & have been told I need in-depth bereavement counselling before I will start getting better.do I put this on gl24? & what else should I write? I find it hard to go out,get panic attacks and generally feel frightened at the moment.Do I say atos got it wrong?

Thankyou for any advice

Hi

I posted a question about filling in my GL24 but have had no answers.could anyone give me any advice as Ive never done anything Like this before.

Thanks

Ali

Hello there.

I'm sorry you haven't had any replies, not everyone here will know the answers. I'll merge this with your existing thread, you don't need a new one for every question you have. :)

If you want to bring your thread to the top of the forum again, type in bump, which means bring up my thread. That way people will see that your question still needs answering. Please don't start another thread for that. :)

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Sent GL24 off this morning didn't want to wait any longer for esa85 but it has just come through the post.atos has written 'I advise that work could be considered within 3 months' does this mean dwp decision maker over ruled her advice.shall I write to dwp adding more evidence after reading esa85.

Thanks for any replies.

Hi alias i said on earlier post u need to state on ur appeal from GL24 that you want to be paid assesment rate it is not automatic. If you dont ask you dont get. If you done everything i advised everything will be fine

What ATOS advise and what the DWP do are 2 different things. The DWP aim to put everyone of benefit they can to save money, this is the government after all. You would have state this is ur further evidence. Now u have ur ESA 85 u can study it with a fine tooth comb and point out all the lies and forward the rest of you appeal to the DWP where upon it will go to automatic reconsideration...... Or so they say in 90% of cases they automatically say sorry we cantchange out origainl decision and tell you to sign on.

No, you write back and say thanks for the reconsideration and state you want all the details forwarded to the tribunals service and go from there

Hi alias i said on earlier post u need to state on ur appeal from GL24 that you want to be paid assesment rate it is not automatic. If you dont ask you dont get. If you done everything i advised everything will be fine

What ATOS advise and what the DWP do are 2 different things. The DWP aim to put everyone of benefit they can to save money, this is the government after all. You would have state this is ur further evidence. Now u have ur ESA 85 u can study it with a fine tooth comb and point out all the lies and forward the rest of you appeal to the DWP where upon it will go to automatic reconsideration...... Or so they say in 90% of cases they automatically say sorry we cantchange out origainl decision and tell you to sign on.

No, you write back and say thanks for the reconsideration and state you want all the details forwarded to the tribunals service and go from there

http://dwpexamination.wordpress.com/why-it-is-important-to-appeal/

Have a read of this!

Hi

I did ask to be paid assessment rate on gl24.Iike u said I'm going to go through all the lies and presumptions that have been written & about the advice about 3 month return to work.I don't want to be off work but I need time to get better.I didn't put alot on the form thought I'd better get it in asap,but did say I would be sending further evidence.As for reconsideration 100% sure that's a NO.was very naive going to atos,wish I'd read about it before.15 min to tell me I'm not depressed.absolute disgrace!

Will my payments start again when they get gl24? No money for 3 wks now.not signing on.

Thanks for your help

Hi

I did ask to be paid assessment rate on gl24.Iike u said I'm going to go through all the lies and presumptions that have been written & about the advice about 3 month return to work.I don't want to be off work but I need time to get better.I didn't put alot on the form thought I'd better get it in asap,but did say I would be sending further evidence.As for reconsideration 100% sure that's a NO.was very naive going to atos,wish I'd read about it before.15 min to tell me I'm not depressed.absolute disgrace!

Will my payments start again when they get gl24? No money for 3 wks now.not signing on.

Thanks for your help

Your very welcome.

Yes Atos lie profusly! I dont knkw how they sleep at night!

They will write to you informing you of when ul get ur assesment rate and that will be paid to you throughout until an appeal has gone the full length.

Once at tribunal stage which is more then likely if you win which i hope you do, you will be back paid everything thy havent paid you. Take a while to get a tribunal date though so ud be looking at a substantial backpay if thats thr case.

However the DWP are known to send you for another assessment after your tribunal win even if the judge recommends no need to re asses in 3 years. Process starts again. They are currupt and B****ds

I hope you had alook. At the link i posted up.

Keep us informed were backing you 100% :)

Never give up!!!