• Tweets

• Hello, I wasn't able to update the defence, so they got the daft one.  Pra Group have responded dated 25th April saying they intend to proceed with claim. I have also received a stack of documents, similar to last time - print outs of old statements, but this time around they have send me a copy of the Barclay Card Conditions. Unsigned and dated. The address is an old address.  A consumer credit agreement with current address. Pages of it and no signature. I have uploaded onto a PDF what I have. The CCA agreement looks like a generic print out, I5 pages + long, I've included the 1st page that had my details on (redacted) don't know if its necessary to upload all of it.  Barclays 26042024.pdf
    • I suggested consideration of bankruptcy some years ago. It was not well received.
    • That is a superb WS. However, I have a few tweaks to suggest. In (2) "indicating" not "indication". I think to be consistent with your numbering, in (6) the Beavis case should be EXHIBIT 2. Do you really need to include over 100 pages of Beavis?  I think that would be likely to annoy the judge.  Just try and find the bit where they decide it was not a penalty due to having an interest in limiting the time that vehicles can stay. I'll have a look myself for this bit later as it's highly likely to be in WSs from PPCs who think that that paragraph means all their charges are valid always on every occasion. After your current (7) add this.  It's always useful to refer to a judgment when making a legal point - 8.  In the case PCM vs Bull, Claim No. B4GF26K6, where the Defendant was issued parking tickets for parking on private roads with signage stating “No parking at any time”, District Judge Glen in his final statement mentioned that: “the notice was prohibitive and didn’t communicate any offer of parking and that landowners may have claim in trespass, but that was not under consideration”.   In (14) if my maths are right the CPR request should be "EXHIBIT 3".  it is missing from your list of exhibits. In (16) the two figures should be £100 and £170.  They are entitled to increase fro,m £60 to £100, they are not entitled to increase to £170.  To make it clear for the judge I would write - 16. The Claimant has artificially inflated their claim for a £100 invoice to £170. This is simply a poor attempt to circumvent the legal costs cap at small claims. 17. The Claimant has also invented a second fictitious charge, for legal representative's costs, when they have no legal representative. You also need ot number your exhibits. The rest is excellent - well done.
    • Did you ever think of walking away? Become bankrupt and in 12 months it'll all be behind you. My feeling is that you may well get nothing from the sale of the property anyway. Going by the date this thread started it looks like eight years of arrears, lender's costs and receiver’s fees on top.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

failed atos medical

arya
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3722 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I`m new to this forum and a novice with computers in general.

My problem is I failed my atos medical and I am not sure what to do next.

In January I had to cope with some difficult problems which left me very stressed and anxious and eventually feeling depressed.

It took several visits to my doctor to get some help from counceling.

I have had 4 cbt sessions so far and don`t know if this self help thing is working for me.

I received 0 points for my medical, the whole experience was very stressful

and on hind sight I felt like she put words in my mouth

and prompted me to agree with what she was saying, hence the 0 points.

When I got the result this morning I have not stopped crying,

I can`t imagine having to go the job centre never mind actually working at the moment.

I get very stressed and anxious just thinking about going to my cbt sessions.

Should I appeal this decision and how do you go about it.

I would appreciate any advice from anyone as I don`t have anyone I can talk to.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello arya, welcome to the CAG.

Enjoy your visit, but take some time to look around the forum and understand where everything is.

It can seem confusing at first but you will start to find your way round and to understand what a helpful community we are.

You haven't received any replies to your post yet. Try posting your query again in a relevant sub-foum. You will get the help and support you need there.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

sri you've been missed

I've moved your thread to the benfits forum

you should get help now

dx

def have a read of this forum

there are lots of threads here like yours.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You need to phone the DWP and ask for the report (ESA85) and a GL24 form. Although, you may find it easier to type a letter than write on the GL24 form.

If you do write a letter, you have to make it clear that you're appealing your ESA decision. For example, "I am appealing my ESA decision ".

You then need to go through the descriptors that you feel you meet and explain why. You only have to meet a descriptor from one category. For example, there's criteria about social situations, you may write "due to my anxiety and depression, I am unable to deal with other people and how unpredictable they can be. The last time I had a social situation, it ended with me becoming aggressive towards a member of the group".

Are you getting any help from CAB or similar with this? You also need some evidence backing up your claim too.

:Hello arya:

We've a guide to appealing the result of a work capability assessment at;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?251737-Appealing-or-going-to-a-Tribunal-Some-useful-information

A work capability assessment is a test of whether you satisfy the descriptors for an award of employment n support allowance; fifteen points from the first set of descriptors, or one descriptor from the second set, or via exceptional/special circumstances. Details in the above link.

You've a month to submit an appeal. Initially, section 8 of the GL24 or your letter only needs basic reasons. Include any supporting evidence you've already got but don't let waiting for evidence cause you to miss the deadline.

If your doctor agrees that you're unfit for work and will write Med 3 (unfit) notes you can claim assessment rate employment n support (subject to a 365 days time limit for a contributions based award) until you appeal's decided.

Lots of :ranger:. Come back to us with queries.

Sincerely, Margaret.

Edited by **Margaret**

Thanks for the quick responses.

I`m afraid I find this all very confusing.

I saw my doctor yesterday and he gave me a sick note for 4 weeks and agreed with me that I should appeal.

I have also rung DWP and they sent me a leaflet that has the GL24 at the back.

I don`t have the ESA85, should I ring back and ask for this.

I can`t see how I will get all this done and posted back to DWP before the dead line as my letter was dated 8/5

and I didn`t receive it until 14/5, that's 5 days gone before I even knew about it and its now 16th, time is running out.

Should I ask DWP to look at the decision again first or go straight for the appeal.

I don`t have anyone to help me with this.

Will someone from CAB help even if its over the phone, I`m not very confident about going anywhere on my own.

Sorry if I sound like a numbskull but I tend to read things over and over and still feel confused.

Thanks xx

I am now going to look at the above link which I probably should have done first.

:arya:

Yes, you should phone back and ask for the ESA85 but don't let it delay returning the GL24.

Yes, you will get the form back before the deadline. If you're tight for time, part 8 just needs something along the lines of, because of my anxiety and depression;

'I stay in bed most days/can't cope with seeing people/can't get to places on my own', with a description of what happened last time a friend invited you to lunch or you didn't quite get to the supermarket or whatever.

Waste of time asking Jobcentreplus to 'look at the decision again'. They do so anyway (it's called reconsideration) as part of the formal appeals process.

Advice on welfare rights is in short supply but you can try Citizens Advice. Praps there's a law centre in your area, or a branch of Mind/Rethink? Both have phone helplines.

Sincerely, Margaret. :panda:

Thanks for that information. I just rang DWP for the ESA85 and they are sending it to me, I will send the GL24 back as soon as I fill it in, I don`t want to wait any longer. Supporting evidence can be sent later I am told. DWP also told me my last payment was on 08/05 and I won`t receive any more until they have looked at my appeal, is that right?

When I fill in the GL24 do I just put that I am appealing the decision of 0 points or do I have to name which sections I think I should have been given points on. God this is difficult...I feel like I don`t understand it properly and I`m scared in case I do something wrong and mess up my chances. I am not normally this thick.

:arya:

Yes. Once you've seen the ESA85, a more detailed answer for part 8 of the GL 24 and supportive evidence from doctor/psychologist can be sent later. Reconsiderations are taking weeks, if not months, but you should send a more detailed statement, with as much supportive evidence as you can get, soon as poss.

Part 8 of the GL24 needs reasons for your disagreement with the decision. If you're able to identify where you should've scored points, fine. Otherwise what I've outlined in #7 will do for now. The missing bits can go in the next statement, when you've had time to figure out the complexities of employment n support allowance, and the appeals process.

'...... I won't receive any more until they have looked at my appeal,'

Well, it's true that you won't be paid assessment rate until Jobcentreplus've read your appeal and decided it's valid, but you don't have to wait until they've reconsidered their decision. Send the GL24 and the Med 3 (unfit) note with a covering letter to request that you be paid assessment rate employment n support until there's a decision about your appeal. If your award was contributions flavoured, payment's time limited to 12 months. After that, you can claim income flavoured, if you've no income from other sources or savings above £16,000.

:wave: for now, Margaret.

Edited by **Margaret**

Thank you Margaret. I have already sent my sick note so I will write a letter to ask for esa to be paid and put it in with the GL24.

Apparently housing benefit have been told that my esa has stopped so they have cancelled that too. I will be in serious trouble soon if I don`t have any money coming in and no one to rely on for help. Here`s hoping something goes in my favour for a change.:|

ring or write to housing benefit and council tax benefit and tell them what is happening, rather than leave it, in my case they wrote on my file what was happening and I was able to get it sorted when my claim was e-instated they paid all the arrears, it just helps if you ring them to let them know the situation.

Yes I did ring housing and council benefits and they said someone would ring me back hopefully tomorrow. How long were you waiting for benefits to be re-instated? I`m very worried that I won`t manage without it.

I didn't worry about the wait to be honest, as I knew I would be entitled and it was just a case of updating them. I rang and told them, then I also wrote to them (keeping a copy), when I got confirmation that I was on benefit (it was reduced amount as I was waiting for appeal and then tribunal) but it was still benefit and therefore proved entitlement, I sent them a copy of that too. My local council can take weeks to update their system anyway, regardless of how long it takes the dwp. As long as you have informed all concerned then that is all you can really do.

I pestered my MP, and the DWP, and anyone who would listen, I was theyre worst nightmare but I couldn't help it, my anxiety was at full blast. The only relief was knowing that I had done all I could and it would all settle in the end, and it did.

I did still get computer generated letters about outstanding rent etc which go out automatically and I ignored them, as long as the office has been updated and kept in the loop is all I would be concerned about.

Thanks for all the information, it gives me some relief to know that other people have had the same problems and it has worked out ok in the end. I can`t help but worry, its all I can think about and as you know you can never resolve it in your head. Will keep you posted, hopefully with good news.

Yes I totally get you, I am a major "catastrophy" creator in my head, my anxiety can go from 0-100 in seconds......and that's after 12 months of 1 to 1 CBT and all the "tools" I was taught, on the whole it helped a lot (CBT) but some things are so deeply engraved within me that I don't believe they will ever really leave me whatever thought process I have.....no miracle cure....but I am able to manage it better than before CBT so it wasn't in vain, it took me a couple of months into it before I got any of it but persistence paid off in the end. Hugs......Good Luck.

There`s hope for me yet then. I have 2 sessions of CBT left out of 8 but they are for depression. I am on a waiting list for the anxiety sessions which I think run on the same lines. You have to be really motivated for the CBT to work as most of it is homework and I`m afraid when my mind takes over and I`m left to my own devices the depression and anxiety often wins. I am told I am only allowed 6 sessions, and an extra 2 if I need it, as with the depression, I don`t think its enough and its so easy to fall back again.

Thanks for sharing with me. Hugs and good luck to you too.

Yes I was very lucky to get so many sessions, it was due to my Bipolar Disorder diagnosis and the fact that I had been given the runaround a bit back in 2006 when they first diagnosed me but an error on their system failed to inform my GP and I was unaware, I just thought I was an anxiety sufferer and couldn't understand it all really, so in 2009 after a meltdown, the error came to light and I got top treatment, they did all they could to make up for the error.

Yes CBT is draining, it takes all you have, I found it exhausting mentally and emotionally in the early months, facing your feelings and why you have them isn't easy, and thoughts too!!......but as time went on it became more "do-able".....yes that's not many sessions, but I guess theyre dealing with your depression and anxiety separately......mine was all in one hit. Some weeks I got home and literally couldn't remember what the hell had gone on LOL...brain ache/overload, but I had notes and yes the homework...jeeeez the "worry box" took some time to master (you may get that in the anxiety sessions) but I did keep at it and got it in the end and I have to say its worked long term..........if I can ever answer a question I will so if you want just shout me............

Thank you, I shall battle on with the hope of finding some answers.( I sound so positive but that's not how I feel inside)

I am grateful for everyones help and I`m sure I will need you again soon. xxx

hi arya,

just to wish you all the best with your appeal... i'm in the middle of one too, now waiting the tribunal date..get all the support you can.. make best use of this time...it seems to me... that atos only want to pick up on any little posotive thing they can find...and use it as amunition against us... they dont care about human health... only the health of their company..we all have good and bad days... with me mostly bad... but now and then i try to gain some hope... but we cannot show that side to atos..i had only 11 minutes ... and it was very brusk and uncaring... a robot could easily perform the same job..and i scored zero. not surprising... i dont think many people are scoring above zero, i really think that the person needs to have rigour mortis before they think about awarding anything..though possably even that...wouldnt pass.

in her summing up with me the atos "person" as i refer to her....(i wouldn't dignify her with the title of nurse)stated that i "had good insight" into my condition...

yet a letter from a psychiatrist...states that i have NOT good insight into my condition...i just hope the tribunal agrees there and not with atos health wreckers.

Thankyou for your support cuchiandme. Your reference to the atos "person" and the rigour mortis made me smile even through my tears. Just spent an hour on the phone being passed from pillar to post in order to sort out my housing benefit, finally decided on the call back option only to be called back by the wrong dept. I shall have to start all over again once I`ve composed myself.As for the atos report on my medical, I can`t believe how much they twisted everything I said so it came out in a positive light.

Good luck to you and thanks again.

hi arya,

thanks... sorry you are having a bad time... we open ourselves to this damned awful system when we appeal... and no part is easy when we are already sufferring mentaly.... i too am alone only have my dog... and they even used that against me... saying i could take care of him... acknowledging(for a grain of truth) that i let him out into the back garden... since i dont walk him much..(i suffer ocd ,social phobia, extreme tiredness, agraphobia) but they infered that merely having a dog was enough to say i am OK..because i can take care of him... i only put some dry food in his bowl and give him water... i have mental issues not probs with my arms..did you see black triangle letter that you can print and take to your doc? i took mine last week.. he seemed reluctant to do it, but has left it to the side to compose some sort of letter... seemed a tad miffed... but a lot is at stake for me... i could end up destitute....

Glad i made you smile a little... we need that... i try to pace myself each day... have some time for working on this.. then relax some other way...

it's not easy being alone 24/7 and having to talkk to one'self let alone talk to incompetent people in offices who have no understanding of how we feel...

i'm waiting tribunal and i'm very nervous.. because if i lose i will probably have no house or food...welfare rights say they will go with me.... have you tried them?

my atos interview was july last year.... and finaly i am at the waiting tribunal stage... but hope that doesnt take another year:-(

Hi again cuchiandme. I had a dog too but had to move because of the stupid bedroom tax rule. Because I had to move quite quickly before I got into debt, ( the landlord bumped his rent up) I had no option than to take this flat, unfortunately am not allowed a pet. I do still get to see him occasionally, but it breaks my heart when I have to leave him. He is very happy in his new home which is good. I too have a social anxiety, suffered mildly with it for most of my life but events of the last year have made it escalate.

I am glad I found this forum cause its "good to talk" and I find it much easier than being face to face. Even talking on the phone causes me some anxiety.

What`s this black triangle letter you mention, would it help me too?

Don`t like it when there is no money coming in and get behind with bills etc, it just adds to the problem. I think I will have to ring DWP tomorrow to see if they have come to a decision. Did you get your benefit re-instated fairly quickly?

It sounds like I have a long hard fight to prepare myself for... wish I could type faster I forget what I want to say half way through writing it.:oops:

hi arya,

oh that is sad about having to give up your dog... but it's good you still see him... takes the pressure off somewhat... good if you could get him back if you get a larger place...

mine is nearly 13 cavalier..and hyper active... sometimes i need a hol from him lol...he is never at rest until bedtime... i'm trying him on valerian...to see if it calms him.

it affects me cos i need space in my head...these times are terrible, re; benefits... i think years ago people would have taken to the streets, thinking of that jarrow campaign..

http://blacktrianglecampaign.org/2013/05/05/leading-doctors-protest-at-cruel-disability-assessments-letter/

i hope i.m allowed to post that link:oops:

but try taking to gp.

it seems they immediately paid me the assessment rate.. esa... since august... so i get some money plus dla.... but im scared now what this pip thing is ..if i have to fight for it too... and i'm mentaly exhausted...what decision you waiting on? forgive me ... i think i also have attention defeceitn disorder... was checking symptoms... i cant concentrate too long on one thing.

I have a dog too....a cocker spaniel, she is like full on 24/7, hyperactive is the word for sure. My daughter walks her most days and feeds her when she is here helping me. She is a very good house dog and anyone knocking on my door sets her off big time, which helps with my anxiety at night, and the reason my family bought her for me. Its just typical of their determination to use anything possible to find you fit for work because you have a dog....sometimes I think these people are less in touch with reality than I was when I was in meltdown!!!!