style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4045 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They are completely abusing their "power" and dole out all these fines because they think people won't fight back. It's an absolute cash cow for them.

You post off your documents to DVLA and have fulfilled your obligation to them. So you forget about it. It's finished and done with in your mind.

As brassnecked has said above, you don't have an obligation to chase them up. Why should you?

You have the case law to back you up. You must stand up to them.

Dont be surprised if the single bailiff visiting this time and being thrown out, turns into another visit with 2/3 bailiffs a locksmith and the police plus 300 quids worth of fees

None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases.

Dont be surprised if the single bailiff visiting this time and being thrown out, turns into another visit with 2/3 bailiffs a locksmith and the police plus 300 quids worth of fees

That is why Op must contact court and do Stat Dec ASAP. When stat dec accepted, the bailiff goats gruff, police and locksmiths can wave bye bye to any fees

What bailiff firm is this?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

If you haven't already done so, you should phone the DVLA and see what they have in their records about any action taken on the car.

Assume you phoned the local magistrates' court? Try the county court as well, just in case it's something else.

Are you sure your husband can't remember where the guy said he was from?

He phoned the fine office and they gave him the number he needed. The bailiff didn't get the chance to say where he was from, he said he was here for collection or seizure of goods he didn't get to finish the sentence, hubby already had him out the front door

There's a firm in West London they use with reps all over the place, I'll try and dig out who it is. Just DCA's bigging up themselves and playing at Hardman Bailiffs on £2.00ph and a bowl of rice. Had a visit over a SORN last year after scrapping a car with one of these collections firms that are meant to dispose of vehicle. DVLA wanted £1000 - I'm tempted to post up a link to the telephone conversation I recorded with the Drone I spoke to at DVLA. Not heard nothing since but it was shameful on DVLA's part. What a bunch of amateurs.

The Banksta Buster.

:-x :-x

Only 4 companies can enforce magistrate court fines; Marston Group, Philips,( now collectica )( Swift Credit Services (Wales) and Excel Enforcement (also Wales).

if its a magistrate court fine its got to be one of them I would think

This is actually sounding like a DCA collector pretending to be a bailiff.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Only 4 companies can enforce magistrate court fines; Marston Group, Philips,( now collectica )( Swift Credit Services (Wales) and Excel Enforcement (also Wales).

if its a magistrate court fine its got to be one of them I would think

Are you sure Equita can't? They do a lot for local authorities and I had an Equita one turn up - thank God I wasn't in! - when the council had got a liability order against me at a magistrates' court for council tax which had already been paid! Fortunately they called him off as soon as I called them and they discovered it was a mistake.

If it was a legit bailiff, they would have left some form of paperwork. DCA's will just shout and yell to get in and write some crap down on their forms so they can earn their 10-20% commission.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Are you sure Equita can't? They do a lot for local authorities and I had an Equita one turn up - thank God I wasn't in! - when the council had got a liability order against me at a magistrates' court for council tax which had already been paid! Fortunately they called him off as soon as I called them and they discovered it was a mistake.

Equita do not have anything to do with collection of Magistrate Court Fines. Council Tax Liability Orders may well be heard in the Magistrates Court but they do not result in a criminal conviction.

The way forward is to contact the DVLA and ask at which Court this was heard, if they say no then demand to know who they have put it out to.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Equita do not have anything to do with collection of Magistrate Court Fines. Council Tax Liability Orders may well be heard in the Magistrates Court but they do not result in a criminal conviction.

The way forward is to contact the DVLA and ask at which Court this was heard, if they say no then demand to know who they have put it out to.

Thank you for explaining that.

I agree with you. I think only DVLA can explain what is going on.

DCA is a debt collection agency. Demand DVLA give you all info including the relevant court reference number. Then you can get a stat dec done and DVLA have to start right back at the beginning again.

DVLA have probably passed it on to their tame solicitor. Someone at DVLA needs to tell you who that is. Probably they use the same solicitor for all their litigation work, but not always. Don't let them fob you off by saying they don't know, get a record of the name of everyone you speak to, even if it just something like 'Jane in Team 23'.

They can't.

This whole visit is very strange. If he really was a bailiff he should have left you with some paperwork. He should have said something like, "You have let me in and therefore I can take an inventory of your goods, and I have the right to return, and I'll give you until 3.00 p.m. this afternoon/tomorrow morning, to pay me or I will seize your goods....". He should also have left you with some paperwork which listed the fines, the bailiff's fees (usually hugely inflated because they will try and charge you more than the flat, one visit, fee).

This guy left quietly when challenged and didn't provide paperwork which is why we're thinking he's not a real bailiff.

He said he was there for payment or seizure of goods I didn't think dca could do that

No a DCA can't and if they claim they can then they are committing an offence, it is possible he was a bailiff

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Presuming he is a real bailiff and didn't make a levy, what would be their next move. Do they call again or hand back to

the court

If the original caller was a Bailiff, he should at the very least have left a letter which would have detailed what he was there for & as this would have been for a Magistrates Court it would have had details of that on it as well. If he was a Bailiff then yes he will call again and as it is a Court fine you could be notified he can force entry as these do confer the power to do so.

Have you contacted the DVLA to find out what is going on.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]