Water Company (Charging Extra fee)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4054 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

A friend has just informed me that Northumbrian Water, have charged him an extra £4.55 Dishonoured Direct debit fee after the DD for sum of £50 ish failed to be collected by them.

Is this not another "overcharge penalty" for the service.

All answers, advice and info will be gratefully received.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

It's pretty much a late payment fee. It doesnt cost them anything iirc to perform a DD, even if it fails. It may cost you a lot depending on your bank and what con... i mean charges they decide are appropriate.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Yea, the water company has charged what is essentially a late payment penalty fee. Catalogues do it as well. If a payment cannot be taken they add on the fee, and say it's an admin fee for processing the cost of the failed transaction. A transaction that doesnt cost them anything.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D