Gurdip Virdi - DO NOT BUY CARS FROM HIM DODGY- barbercarsales barbercarsales.co.uk

This is just a warning for anyone buying a car from this guy... STAY AWAY

he calls himself Dave his actual name is Gurdip Virdi and his partner is M Pittaway

he uses mobile contact numbers

he is well known to trading standards Coventry, he was featured in The Conventry Telegraph in April 2010... i cant post the link here but go to our friend google and type his name G Virdi coventry car dealers fined and you will find the article

this post is merely to warn people thinking of buying from him to be very careful

if you have been ripped off by him DO NOT be afraid he is well known to trading standards report him immediately

Edited by ims21
  • Like 1

The issues described here are from 2010 but here are the links to various sources.....

A WALSGRAVE driver is calling on bailiffs to seize goods to worth almost £4,000 from a Coventry motor dealer who sold her a dangerous car.

A MOTORIST is calling on bailiffs to seize goods to worth almost £4,000 from a Coventry motor dealer who sold her a dangerous car.

Hannah Thomas, aged 26, has a court judgement against Gurdip Virdi, after being sold a dodgy Ford Focus from his garage, Longford Park Car Sales, in November last year.

It gives clearance to bailiffs to enter his home and seize goods to cover £3,945 – the cost of the car, which a county court judge has ordered him to pay back.

Shortly after Ms Thomas bought the car, it began to stall and she had trouble starting up the engine.

She took it back to Mr Virdi who claimed to have fixed the vehicle but just three days later it broke down on the motorway en route to Birmingham.

She found out the car had major engine failure after having it checked by another garage. She was also shocked to find out the bulb which links to the engine warning light had been disconnected.

The customer sales worker, from Clifford Bridge Road, Walsgrave, was furious when the garage owner refused to fix the car again.

She sent him warning letters and threatened him with court action if he failed to refund her the money for the car.

She took Mr Virdi to the county court and won a judgement against him in August but she is still waiting for him to pay up.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/walsgrave-driver-threatens-car-dealer-3054731

wo second hand car sales men who put lives at risk by selling unroadworthy vehicles have been fined more than £30,000. Warwickshire County Council Trading Standards Service successfully prosecuted Gurdip Virdi and Martin James Pittaway trading as MG Motor Group and Longford Park Car Sales following a year long investigation in co-operation with Coventry and Dudley Trading Standards Services.

In December 2008 trading standards received a complaint from a consumer who had purchased a Peugeot 306 from MG Motor Group in Ash Green, Warwickshire. A trading standards vehicle expert examined the car and identified that the front cross member was no longer attached to the main nearside chassis frame member. He concluded that the vehicle had been sold in a dangerous and unroadworthy condition.

Meanwhile trading standards were also investigating complaints regarding a Land Rover Discovery that had been sold twice by Mr Virdi and Mr Pittaway.

The first buyer, had soon after the purchase become suspicious about the condition of the vehicle and took it for an MOT, which it failed, mainly on severe corrosion which he was told would cost £1000 to repair.

He eventually obtained a refund from Longford Park Car Sales after showing them the MOT failure form and Mr Virdi informed him that they had scrapped the vehicle.

However, the vehicle wasn’t scrapped and was sold again months later, relying on the previous MOT test that still had a short period to run on it. The second owner also became suspicious and using the VOSA website discovered that the vehicle had failed a more recent MOT test.

VOSA subsequently examined the vehicle and prohibited it from being used on the road due to corrosion which was causing the bulkhead to move on application of the foot brake.

Warwickshire Trading Standards Service were granted the authority to prosecute Mr Virdi and Mr Pittaway on behalf of Coventry and Dudley Trading Standards.

Gurdip Virdi and Martin James pleaded guilty at the Nuneaton Justice Centre to five offences under the Business Names Act and Section 75 of the Road Traffic Act, for selling unroadworthy vehicles and for not disclosing the ownership of the business on their invoices.

Each defendant was fined a total of £15940, which included compensation payments for the buyer of the Peugeot 306 and the second buyer of the Land Rover Discovery.

At the time these matters were being investigated the defendants also pleaded guilty to a separate case relating to the sale of an unroadworthy Fiat Punto. They were fined in total £5125 on that occasion.

Mark Ryder, Head of Warwickshire County Council Trading Standards Service said: ‘In these financially difficult times, when consumers have less money to spend, many people will be looking to buy a second hand car as opposed to a new vehicle. It is very important that people wanting to buy a used car, whatever its price, should have confidence that the vehicle they are purchasing is roadworthy and safe to drive. Unroadworthy vehicles put at risk the lives of all road users.

‘We will continue to take action to prevent the sale of potentially dangerous and unroadworthy vehicles, helping to ensure consumers aren't deceived into buying cars that could be worthless and potentially lethal to drive.’

Warwickshire Trading Standards Service is reminding anyone looking to buy a used car, particularly at the cheaper end of the market to check the vehicle and any paperwork thoroughly before purchase.

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/extra/news-item.cfm/newsid/444 Edited by ims21

This should be old news to anyone living in Coventry. These two change their business name frequently because they sell total scrappers of cars. It is easy to spot their adverts though as they are usually WRITTEN ALL IN CAPS and are in a 'cheeky chappy, I'm honest guv' type style. They also offer straight swaps or to PX/SWAP anything for anything with cash either way, how many legit car dealers operate a business model like that? Always from the same site on the Longford road, Coventry too, pictures usually taken at the front entrance to Longford park.

I used to live close by and have looked at their cars a few times, generally most look incredibly rough.

I know they have traded as various names - PX/SWAPS, LONGFORD PARK CARS, VICARAGE MOTOR COMPANY, Barber cars, Alfies Cars ..... just to name a few.

edit: just to add ebay "review and guides" has a few bad reviews of them too.

• 2 weeks later...

Also fell victim to this guy and his dodgy cars, unfortunately I wish I had googled his name before purchasing, but like most people trusted him because it was a forecourt.. check out reviews of alfies cars on ebay as well as all the other names he has used

another one of his traits is he never meets you himself sits away in his home scared to show his face because he knows he selling you a dodgy car and gets his workers to do his dirty work

Coventry trading standards know him well despite his best efforts to use alias names and continously change his business names, he now even has a website barbercarsales dot co dot uk or similar, Gurdip may I ask you one thing, who is Barber, who is Alfie and who is Martin Pittaway..oops sorry the latter is your chum partner the rest are probably your imaginery friends as I dont see you having many real life friends..

Edited by ims21

• 2 months later...

There is a lot of false statements on this thread that is costing me David Barber a lot of money :-x

I started Barber Cars 6 months ago and have had meetings with trading standards to try to rid my business of the bad press caused by the last owners. Just today a customer called me and said that they didn't want to deal with me because of this thread.

Before writing liable comments on the internet remember that I am a small business owner trying to make my way.

You are destroying my livelihood.

This comment is false. I David Barber own this business.

This is just a warning for anyone buying a car from this guy... STAY AWAY

he calls himself Dave his actual name is Gurdip Virdi and his partner is M Pittaway

he uses mobile contact numbers

he is well known to trading standards Coventry, he was featured in The Conventry Telegraph in April 2010... i cant post the link here but go to our friend google and type his name G Virdi coventry car dealers fined and you will find the article

this post is merely to warn people thinking of buying from him to be very careful

if you have been ripped off by him DO NOT be afraid he is well known to trading standards report him immediately

Result of WHOIS query:

Domain name: barbercarsales.co.uk

Registrant:

Barber Cars

Trading as:

Mr Gurdep Virdi

Registrant type:

UK Sole Trader

Registrant's address:

101a Longford Road Coventry

CV6 6EW

United Kingdom

Registrar:

Ascio Technologies Inc t/a Ascio Technologies inc [Tag = ASCIO]

URL: http://www.ascio.com

Relevant dates:

Registered on: 12-Mar-2013

Expiry date: 12-Mar-2015

Last updated: 12-Mar-2013

Registration status:

Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:

razsorns1.autotrader.co.uk 193.243.130.151

razsorns2.autotrader.co.uk 193.243.131.151

WHOIS lookup made at 13:38:43 06-Jul-2013

http://www.nominet.org.uk/whois/lookup?query=barbercarsales.co.uk

If you are who you say you are, why wouldnt you have reinvented the business and stated publically that it is under new management? There is plenty of proof to disprove what you say, but only your word to back it up.

NOt to mention the whois search sjows you to be not telling the truth

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

So that proves Barber cars website is registered by the same guy who used to trade as as Longford Park Car Sales, Px-Swaps, Alfies Motors, VICCARAGE MOTOR COMPANY and so on. And of course the very same guy who was done by trading standards a few years back.

edit:

oh and there are two very recent reviews here:

http://www.yell.com/biz/longford-park-car-sales-coventry-4341899/

new ownership same problems?

Edited by F1fan

Not new ownership. Same person. pretty obvious going from the info here.

Any real businessman who was genuine would have put a big banner or notice stating that the business is under new management. Not come to a random internet forum crying. A real businessman would have simply done what i mentioned and ignored this forum.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Mr Virdi / Barberscars / PX Swaps / Longford park cars / whoever you are.

How would you feel about actually paying the money that you owe from the CCJ I obtained against you?, you have failed to stick to your request of paying monthly from January this year and now I am going to send in a proper bailiff (HCEO) who will come impound all your cars until you prove you don't own them (as you claimed with the County court bailiff - who, btw, actually knew you from all the other times he has visited you).

Shame of it was that you started out owing me £100 and now owe me over £500 with all the interest and court charges and I am going to hound you over this forever, I really don't care if you don't pay, I am happy to make your life as miserable as possible over this debt, just like you clearly make the lives of people who buy from you miserable and when this CCJ runs out, I will be taking you back to court for the debt you owe and will obtain another CCJ against you personally (like last time) and I will continue to do so until you pay up.

Have a nice day

Edited by ims21

Mr Virdi / Barberscars / PX Swaps / Longford park cars / whoever you are.

How would you feel about actually paying the money that you owe from the CCJ I obtained against you?, you have failed to stick to your request of paying monthly from January this year and now I am going to send in a proper bailiff (HCEO) who will come impound all your cars until you prove you don't own them (as you claimed with the County court bailiff - who, btw, actually knew you from all the other times he has visited you).

Shame of it was that you started out owing me £100 and now owe me over £500 with all the interest and court charges and I am going to hound you over this forever, I really don't care if you don't pay, I am happy to make your life as miserable as possible over this debt, just like you clearly make the lives of people who buy from you miserable and when this CCJ runs out, I will be taking you back to court for the debt you owe and will obtain another CCJ against you personally (like last time) and I will continue to do so until you pay up.

Have a nice day

name him and the company in the writ, no wriggling out then

Edited by ims21

ive done some more digging, david Barber also goes by the name Gurdip Singh Virdi , now bizzisguy, you have a CCJ against him, so all this that im typing is public knowledge.

their is something very fishy going on here as their are quite a few gurdip verdi and mr gurdip verdi, gurdip singh verdi, mr gurdip singh verdi listes as seperate directors of companys with different director numbers but all the same birthdate xx/xx/1975, all the companys other directors are also directors of companys he has been involved in. some addresses come back on registered addresses which are all the same accountants,

this is not allowed

i will be reporting this to relevent people for formal investigation

Edited by ims21

Post above waiting admin approval.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

There is a lot of false statements on this thread that is costing me David Barber a lot of money :-x

I started Barber Cars 6 months ago and have had meetings with trading standards to try to rid my business of the bad press caused by the last owners. Just today a customer called me and said that they didn't want to deal with me because of this thread.

Before writing liable comments on the internet remember that I am a small business owner trying to make my way.

You are destroying my livelihood.

Uhuh, i how come the advert for this car: http://www.barbercarsales.co.uk/used-cars/skoda-superb-2-5-v6-tdi-160-elegance-4dr-tip-auto-coventry-201326520421414 clearly states in the description: "We at Longford Cars pride ourselves on great service."

Uhuh, i how come the advert for this car: http://www.barbercarsales.co.uk/used-cars/skoda-superb-2-5-v6-tdi-160-elegance-4dr-tip-auto-coventry-201326520421414 clearly states in the description: "We at Longford Cars pride ourselves on great service."

ear/Reg:2006 (56)Mileage:220,000Engine size:2.5LFuel type:DieselGearbox:AutomaticBody style:SaloonColour:Black 4 Doors, Automatic, Saloon, Diesel, 220,000 miles, Black, MOT-06-2014, 2 Owners. I HAVE SINCERE PLEASURE IN OFFERING TO YOU THIS TRUELY AMAZING VEHICLE ITS A TOP OF THE RANGE SKODA OCTAVIA 2.5 V6 TDI ON THE 2006 56 PLATE WITH 220K ON THE CLOCK WITH FULL MOT. THIS CAR IS FULLY LOADED.IT HAS ALL OF THE EXTRAS WITH IT. THESE INCLUDE:FULL BLACK HEATED ELECTRIC LEATHER SEATS WITH DRIVERS MEMORY FULLY ELECTRICS CRUISE CONTROL TINTED WINDOWS CLIMATE CONTROL SAT NAV 6 CD CHANGER WOOD PANELLING ALLOY WHEELS TOW BAR WITH 2 ELECTRIC POINTS REAR PARKING SENSORS HEADLAMP WASHERS AND REMOTE CENTRAL LOCKINGTHE CAR LOOKS AND DRIVES LIKE ITS DONE A LOT LESS MILES THE AUTOBOX IS GOOD THE ENGINE IS SWEET.I HAVE PERSONALLY DRIVEN THE CAR FOR OVER 100 MILES WITHOUT ISSUE. ITS A REALLY FANTASTIC VEHICLE.AND ITS GOT EVERYTHING. Insurance Group:13, We at Longford Cars pride ourselves on great service. We do things that other dealers don't do. Including delivery to your door at very reasonable cost 10 an hour plus fuel. Also we do straight swaps or even cash your way. We also offer good Part exchange prices. Call now to discuss your requirements and be assured of a welcome better than the rest., STRICTLY APPOINTMENT ONLY CALL 1 HOURNO SENSIBLE CASH OFFER REFUSED. £2,195 p/x welcome

ill bid a quid!

all that i have typed is infomation that is required by law to be in the public domain, i can list sites used if required to verifi the infomation

Thanks your post has been re approved.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

He also goes by the name of Gerri Verdi, claims he earns £1000 per week, but can only afford to pay £50 per month (as he has another CCJ that he is paying monthly), but then he won't bother paying.

Keep your eye out for the Bailiff Mr Verdi...you never know when he will be knocking at your door.

If you have lost money to this person, I would not bother to go down the County court route, he doesn't pay and he claims the cars he sells are not his, so, he has no assets.

If he doesnt pay and you have the CCJ on his business, get a HCEO to call, or start winding up orders. Especially if he stops paying.

Depending on how much the CCJ is for, if the CCJ is on him personally, start bankruptcy proceedings.