being sick on job seekers allowance

postggj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4060 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have bitten the bullet and made a claim for job seekers allowance

The problem i am going to have is that i am going to need surgery to my knee. The surgeon is stating a three month recovery period when i have the operation

what happens to the JSA, do i go onto a new benefit or stay on JSA

What hoops will they expect me to jump through

thanks

If you will not be able to work (or seek work) while you are recovering from your operation, you would need to claim ESA. At first you would need medical certificates from your doctor, and you may also be asked to attend an Atos medical.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

The current official waiting time for an ATOS WCA is 13 weeks from the start of the claim, I guess this is to cover recovery time for the usual breaks and fractures. I waited a lot longer than that for mine I actually though they had forgotten about me, no such luck.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.