style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3932 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

well keep your chin up sounds like it went well so fingers crossed.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Well done, it sounds as if you gave a good account of yourself at the meeting and managed to cover all the points you wanted to. Don't think of yourself as a whistle-blower or telling tales or anything like that - you've raised points in answer to allegations which have been made against you, and you had no choice but to do so.

Good luck, and try as far as possible to relax in the meantime. Have the employer advised what will happen next?

Hi Altobelli, yes they said they wiil write up notes e-mail to me. I can make and track changes and send back to investigating officer.

A report will be done and go back to the DM with reccomendations, regarding next steps. They would not elaborate on who made the allegation and said I must ask DM, I already did that and he refused to give me that information..

I did mention if a review is left up to the DM I did not have much confidence in the suspension being lifted.

Just a thought, if he doesn't like their reccomendations, can he still go ahead with a disciplinary?

He shouldn't, I mean he can raise a grievance, but it should be handled independently. One thing I think is important is that the employer gives thought to the working relationship going forward after this investigation is finished, this is something that is quite often forgotten about after grievances are raised. Its important that the manager isn't able to place you under a spotlight when you return and attempt to pursue further trivial grievances.

I spoke to the investigating manager and he told me he is leaving the organisation today. This is a bit of a blow, I am concerned that someone coming in at this stage will not understand I have asked that the person taking over be from outside my department.

I don't see the point in appointing a person as investigatory manager, if they are unable to complete the job. It could make the whole process very messy.

Meanwhile I just have to wait and see how messy it gets. This is a very worrying development for me.

I spoke to the investigating manager and he told me he is leaving the organisation today. This is a bit of a blow, I am concerned that someone coming in at this stage will not understand I have asked that the person taking over be from outside my department.

I don't see the point in appointing a person as investigatory manager, if they are unable to complete the job. It could make the whole process very messy.

Meanwhile I just have to wait and see how messy it gets. This is a very worrying development for me.

Contact him or HR (can you still email them?) and ensure he leaves/send his notes of the meetings, you don't want this to become a lost paperwork issue but only if you think this will be more to your benefit then theirs!

I am nit sure if it was an interim post and has just now come to an end, he did not elaborate. But did say would be handing over all information to whoever is selected.

The notes taken were also covered by H.R. and an independent note taker and I also had a representative with me and she gave me her notes.

I Just feel that the person who was at the meeting, will have got my message loud and clear, not so a person who is handed a few notes to look through. :|

Hi, still waiting for the summation of the investigatory meeting. But am concerned because this is the 4th week suspended, if I were dismissed could I still bring a grievance regarding the bullying tactics I have endured over last 4 years. From researching on net, seems to say this must be done within 3 months of last incident and the way they are dragging their heels this time could elapse pretty quickly. Also most of the bullying is by my direct line manager who is not instrumental in this suspension, although it is her standards that have triggered my suspension. Also she is freinds with the suspending manager and they spend much time together, and I know she verbally runs me down whenever she gets the chance, in front of him and also to others.

Check the company's grievance procedure for cut off dates. The 3 month period is the deadline for Employment Tribunals, but some companies have a similar limit for grievances.

Also, if you raise a grievance after you leave it might not be taken as seriously, so if you intend raising a grievance it might be worth considering doing it now. But your grievance should make clear, if this is your view, that the grievance against you has been raised for vexatious reasons and is an extension of the bullying you have been subject to. This type of misuse of the grievance procedure is gross misconduct, so if the employer is being impartial, the person you are accusing should be suspended as well. Have you raised any concerns about bullying in the past.

Yes I did mention it to H.R. and a previous manager when said manager raised an issue with them, It all blew over without incident and she started a charm offensive, that she found very hard to maintain. However I let things ride because I thought the lesson had been learned.

However I did continue to log down all my concerns whenever she blew up at me or anything untoward happened, this is a 4 year log of individual incidents that would be hard to fabricate, so might carry some weight.

What I don't want to do is jump the gun though in case I can go back and have time to consider moving on, I am worried if I raise this now they will then have further causes to look into my future with them.

Yes I did mention it to H.R. and a previous manager when said manager raised an issue with them, It all blew over without incident and she started a charm offensive, that she found very hard to maintain. However I let things ride because I thought the lesson had been learned.

However I did continue to log down all my concerns whenever she blew up at me or anything untoward happened, this is a 4 year log of individual incidents that would be hard to fabricate, so might carry some weight.

What I don't want to do is jump the gun though in case I can go back and have time to consider moving on, I am worried if I raise this now they will then have further causes to look into my future with them.

It is difficult, because raising these concerns may damage the relationship. But if they are genuine concerns and if they may be a factor in the grievance being raised against you, I think it is best to mention them. Perhaps wait just now and bring up your concerns at the meeting.

Hi AB, just been told via email suspension remains in place and they have now appointed new investigating officer.

I felt I gave a reasonable and frank explanation of departmental practice as overseen by my manager, however I do not think this will come across in a few hastily written notes.

I was considering responding to let them know I feel seriously disadvantaged by their decision and the appointment of a new investigating manager.

your opinion would be appreciated.

Going into 5th week suspension now and with a new investigatory manager taking over Monday.

Don't think the message of accepted practice has got through and they are now dragging their heels.

I have asked to return to work on several occasions now and they are refusing, I believe I could have a case under any one of 3 policies Dignity at work, grievance, and if DM truly believes practice is wrong then whislte blowing policy to prove this is accepted practice and has been under the current manager for 4 years.

Any advice please?

Sit tight and keep your powder dry. Let them do things wrong; don't try and hurry them along. Check in regularly about whether you can go back and if they have an expected date. See your GP if they are causing you stress to get help and get it documented.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

I think Emmzzi's advice is very good, I would follow that.

I know its difficult when you're suspended and are really keen to get back - my advice here would be to try and find some way to use the time. What about some form of short course - your local library might have information on courses on things like IT or languages which can be completed over a few days, or you could even use the time to take a short break. Its difficult to focus on things at the moment, I know, but anything which takes your mind off things is a good thing.

Hi update and advice please. After sending yet another email and asking for suspension to be lifted, an interesting development has occurred. Even tho the original investigator has left they have now informed me that he is going to continue with the investigation.

They have also said the suspension still holds because they have other meetings next week. This to me seems backtracking because of my last email when I pointed out that appointing a new investigator was delaying things and a new person would not be expected to be well informed enough to make a reccomendation based on a few notes.

I am concerned that they seem determined to ensure I am scapegoated for alleged misconduct and would like advice on how I should proceed, I.e. should I have an appeal letter started and should I be prepared to raise a grievance and force them to look into 4 years worth of data to prove my point. That this has been common practice in the department overseen by my manager.

or should you sit tight.... no idea why you emailed them again, you have pointed out errors and they have rectified by briging the investigator back. You are helping them, not you.

Do nothing, and wait!!

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

To the point and excellent advice as ever Em. you are right, I will leave things as they are.

She is to the point, isn't she? It saves faffing around and you know where you stand. :lol: Great advice as ever though.

I don't mean to talk about you as if you're not here, Emmzzi, sorry.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum