arnold clark and deposit.

kanerz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4086 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I'm just looking for a wee bit of guidance/advice. I'n in the process of buying a car from a private seller, i placed a small deposit with the seller and I'm awaiting my loan coming through, unfortunately there has been a bit of a delay on my part owing to some errors on the loan application (Date of birth, and exact address). This'll be going into the third week now that I've had to keep the seller waiting and he's understandably getting a bit fed up.

My main concern is that he (the seller) has been informed by Arnold clark that if he does not come up with the money for his new car on Thursday, then they will send the car back (his new car). He's using the funds from selling car to me to fund new car at AC. I'm assuming he put a deposit down on his car.

I'm essentially wondering if this sounds right? Is there any law which states that car must be paid of in X amount of time since deposit placed?

Hi guys,

Is there any law which states that car must be paid of in X amount of time since deposit placed?

All depends on any agreement you have made and if yu have put anything in writing.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

All depends on any agreement you have made and if yu have put anything in writing.

Yeah that's what I thought, I never put anything in writing. I'm not sure about Arnold Clark side though.

My main concern is that he (the seller) has been informed by Arnold clark that if he does not come up with the money for his new car on Thursday, then they will send the car back (his new car). He's using the funds from selling car to me to fund new car at AC. I'm assuming he put a deposit down on his car.

I doubt he has any specific agreement with AC to conclude the purchase by Thursday, but, as you may have noticed, Thursday is the end of February and in reality what AC are undoubtedly really worried about is getting as many sales into Feb as possible.

If he doesn't complete by Thursday or if they "send the car back" (to where I have no idea!) either way they don't get a February sale. I suspect they are just trying to turn the heat up at the stage as cancelling the purchase doesn't do them any good in the long term does it.

I doubt he has any specific agreement with AC to conclude the purchase by Thursday, but, as you may have noticed, Thursday is the end of February and in reality what AC are undoubtedly really worried about is getting as many sales into Feb as possible.

If he doesn't complete by Thursday or if they "send the car back" (to where I have no idea!) either way they don't get a February sale. I suspect they are just trying to turn the heat up at the stage as cancelling the purchase doesn't do them any good in the long term does it.

Ahh yes so it is, that makes sense, thanks for the reassurance;)

agreed

wouldn't touch AC with a barge pole

prob getting fleeced with GAP/MECHBREAKDOWN/PPI as well as extort int rate

AC are bad

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...