Britannia Recoveries SARL

wooldra
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know anything about this company?.

They have bought up the loan books from the likes of MBNA and Egg.

SARL indicates they are a foreign registered company who appear to transact their business through Arrow Global

who in turn parcel out 'packets' of accounts to DCA's to follow up on.

I presume they transact their business through Arrow as they would not have a Credit Licence to operate in the UK.

I have tried an extensive search to find out detail of Britannia, nothing doing so far.

This operation lacks transparency in my opinion, who exactly is the end user?,

where are they located?,

who are you dealing with?,

remember the DCA's and Arrow are purely intermediaries in this process.

Where is the data for customers held?,

in the UK?,

in a foreign jurisdiction?.

Laughably Arrow Global is majority owned RBS Special Opportunities Fund which is a subsidurary of RBS!,

the bank we have been forced to own.

Any information or views gratefully received

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your input firstship, a bit more digging shows that two other recovery companies are registered at the same address in Luxembourg, Drake Recoveries and Phoneix Recoveries. The contact is listed as Mirko Fischer for all three , (according to the Luxembourg telephone directory). The only reference I can find to a Mirko Fischer is of a Luxembourg based Hedge Fund businessman. May just be a coincidence of course.

I found they used moorgate in solihull.

Arrow global however do buy up debt and then use dcas to collect.

As far as i am aware brittanica recoveries are perfectly legit.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

My experience is that Britanica ignore every letter you send them. I am in the holding pattern waiting for 6 years OR solicitors letter in which case I might get a meaningful dialogue going; once they have provided a CCA and then a SAR so I can work out exactly what, if anything, is legitimately owed. Very happy to have this discussion with a judge if solicitors won't communicate either. I played by the rules; they don't and won't. Believe me it isn't through lack of trying on my part!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks, an update.

As Arrow Global are the agents who act for Britannica Recoveries in the UK,

I decided to write to Stephen Hester, who as you know is the chief executive of RBS

asking about the transparency and reputational effects of dealing with a company registered

abroad where the owner(s) of the company were not apparent,

and how comfortable he was with an RBS subsiduary organisation dealing with such a company.

I have now received a reply from the executive support office stating, and I quote

'I have investigated the points raised in your letter and thank you for your patience re a reply'

'Whilst I thank you for the information you have kindly sent us we are unable to comment on the matters

you have raised due to our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1988.

It would inappropriate to provide any further information on these matters.

I can confirm that I have passed your email to the relevant departments for our records'.

I interpret this as 'bugger off and mind your own business'.

I have replied with the further information I have accquired stating that three recovery companies

are registered at the same Luxembourg address, namely Drake, Phoenix, and Britanniac,

that they all have the same contact person Mirko Fischer,

who appears to be involved in Luxembourg Hedge funds,

and that Phoenix who had a nominal UK office which was struck off in late 2010 for not returning any company accounts

as required by law.

What a dirty murky business we have to deal with!.

By the way perhaps we should all hide behind the DPA as well.

Please spread he word as far as possible

I intend for RBS to be made as uncomfortable as possible

I think you may be mistaken in saying they use arrow. Arrow global are a debt purchase organisation who have recently bought a quantity of mbna accounts from brittanica.

Fletch, I am not wrong, Britannica bought the debts from both Egg and MBNA. As they do not have a licence to practice in the UK, Arrow act as their (Britannica's) agent. In line with the Arrow business model a member of their panel of DCA's makes contact with the debtor. Thus three mouths to feed, and yes Arrow do buy debt, but always contact a debtor via a DCA.

Fletch, in that case ensure you get a reduced payment from Moorcroft (acting on behalf of Arrow) if you go the F&F route, as the debt has been passed around OC - >> Britanniac ->> Arrow Global, so has devalued with each sale.

Oh don't worry, seeing as they can not find a legible agreement they are getting what they deserve. To be fair to Arrow they are not chasing me at the moment as they can not produce the agreement.