• Tweets

• What do you guys think the chances are for her?   She followed the law, they didnt, then they engage in deception, would the judge take kindly to being lied to by these clowns? If we have a case then we should proceed and not allow these blatant dishonest cheaters to succeed 
    • I have looked at the car park and it is quite clearly marked that it is  pay to park  and advising that there are cameras installed so kind of difficult to dispute that. On the other hand it doesn't appear to state at the entrance what the charge is for breaching their rules. However they do have a load of writing in the two notices under the entrance sign which it would help if you could photograph legible copies of them. Also legible photos of the signs inside the car park as well as legible photos of the payment signs. I say legible because the wording of their signs is very important as to whether they have formed a contract with motorists. For example the entrance sign itself doe not offer a contract because it states the T&Cs are inside the car park. But the the two signs below may change that situation which is why we would like to see them. I have looked at their Notice to Keeper which is pretty close to what it should say apart from one item. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9 [2]a] the PCN should specify the period of parking. It doesn't. It does show the ANPR times but that includes driving from the entrance to the parking spot and then from the parking place to the exit. I know that this is a small car park but the Act is quite clear that the parking period must be specified. That failure means that the keeper is no longer responsible for the charge, only the driver is now liable to pay. Should this ever go to Court , Judges do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person so ECP will have their work cut out deciding who was driving. As long as they do not know, it will be difficult for them to win in Court which is one reason why we advise not to appeal since the appeal can lead to them finding out at times that the driver  and the keeper were the same person. You will get loads of threats from ECP and their sixth rate debt collectors and solicitors. They will also keep quoting ever higher amounts owed. Do not worry, the maximum. they can charge is the amount on the sign. Anything over that is unlawful. You can safely ignore the drivel from the Drips but come back to us should you receive a Letter of Claim. That will be the Snotty letter time.
    • please stop using @username - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread inc you gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.  
    • he Fraser group own Robin park in Wigan. The CEO's email  is  [email protected]
    • Yes, it was, but in practice we've found time after time that judges will not rule against PPCs solely on the lack of PP.  They should - but they don't.  We include illegal signage in WSs, but more as a tactic to show the PPC up as spvis rather than in the hope that the judge will act on that one point alone. But sue them for what?  They haven't really done much apart from sending you stupid letters. Breach of GDPR?  It could be argued they knew you had Supremacy of Contact but it's a a long shot. Trespass to your vehicle?  I know someone on the Parking Prankster blog did that but it's one case out of thousands. Surely best to defy them and put the onus on them to sue you.  Make them carry the risk.  And if they finally do - smash them. If you want, I suppose you could have a laugh at the MA's expense.  Tell them about the criminality they have endorsed and give them 24 hours to have your tickets cancelled and have the signs removed - otherwise you will contact the council to start enforcement for breach of planning permission.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Blast From The Past

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4049 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I used to post and use this site back in 2007 and haven't been able to re-generate my old account,

however my comeback is due to an old Credit Card Debt unexpectedly finding me and I was looking for some refresher advice !

Credit card is over £10k and was an old Northern Rock/CIS card taken out in 2000.

After some marital difficulties in 2007 (wife ran up huge debts behind my back)

I did get the account to a position where it was in dispute,

CIS eventually provided inadequate CCA and acknowledged they didn't have anything else to provide me.

I have had 3 DCAs tried to collect (Wescot, Morecroft and Frederickson), the last of these in 2010.

No payments have been made since June 2007, wrote to CIS to say unenforcable under S127 at that time.

I have moved house in last year and a letter from Lowells has arrived at new address saying they have purchased debt, also letter from CIS saying they have assigned this.

I have the same CCA ready to go that I used for other DCAs with fairly curt follow up letter for when they don't provide it on the back boiler.

It has been some time since I entered the Debt arena and when there last time successfully defended myself from many (all) of the wolves from the door.

Should I be concerned or do I need to change tactics ?

Especially as I am very close to SB status for this one ...

. which I assume has triggered the sudden interest !

is this on your cra file?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The most important thing is to contact lowells and say the account is in dispute since whoever failed to reply to your cvs request.

When they did reply was it faulty so unenforceable in which case 127(3) applies or was the response incomplete in which case it is just failure to comply.

Lowells are quite quick to litegate so you need to keep them off your back until the clear 6 years of non payment or acknowledgement are up.

Depending on the date of default it is quite possible it will no longer be on your credit file.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Thanks Fletch, it was incomplete (no T&Cs etc) and when challenged CIS simply said they had nothing else and that use of the card and the statements over the years proved the debt ! I think the additional letter will go with the CCA request for good measure, this refers to the CIS lack of response and has worked before.

It.s not simply about your SB date being imminent. Coop (so-called ethical bank) off loaded stacks of delinquent accounts to Lowell (ethical debt buyer? lol) and Lowell now chasing all , regardless of proximity of SB dates.

btw, the NoA you say was from Coop was in fact written by Lowell - standard deceitful practice.

If you're worried that Lowell may issue you with a SD, consider letting them run through their threat sequence before informing them that your account is unenforceable. That gives them all the less time to play silly buggers. After a couple of letters from so-called Red, the sequence ends with two or three headed Hamptons Legal. The discount letter means they've reached the buffers.

If you feel the need to strike, then is the best time, in my opinion, to do it. Myself, in your position, I'd ignore. Unenforceable means unenforceable. End of. Besides, I gain pleasure from letting DCAs waste their money sending out drivel.

S78(4) i think says that so long as they have not complied fully with your S78 request it is unenforceable until they do.

From what you say that is your argument. In the event that they comply fully with a S78 request that is where s127(3) may come in if the agreement is not properly executed.

One of the big debt purchasers have just been rapped in court for not following pre action protocol but it took a legal team to get that.

It is perfectly legal for lowells to issue the NOA.

I would get in there now,the last thing you want is to get a SD and have to get it set aside.

Admittedly send your letters 2nd class signed for and leave maybe 10 days between receipt and reply. Try to drag it out.

Cheers Oleg, the SD is a concern,

Moorcroft went through the threat process right to the 30% discount but I have never been faced with SD or true litigation on any debts in the past.

I have a new relationship now, my partner knows my past so this isn't hidden or a surprise

however she is quite nervous as never faced anything like this before and is keen for me to do something rather than wait ...

. I also live in her house and not my own which she feels may be threatened.

This is a bit like getting on a bike again after many years, my own low opinion of DCAs was forged over many years of bitter experience ..

... things don't seem to have changed much since the last decade !

Lowells are issuing stat demands like confetti at the moment.. so you need to get your hands on as much paperwork as you can.. if you send a Subject access Request to the original creditor, one of the things you specifically want is the Diary of events/communication log. Did NR/ CIS send you a Default Notice ?

Was there any Payment protection Insurance on the account or default charges ? Statements will show these.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Citizen B,

luckily I have kept every scrap of paper .... alot of which I found in unopened envelopes at the back of my ex-wifes wardrobe !

Due to the whole mess I entered a period of financial OCD so everything is logged and in order.

I have SAR CIS before and got all the statements.

The Default Notice is dated May 2007.

There was PPI in the past, around the same time as the default this was cancelled.

Subsequent statements then included an arrears charge, overlimit charge and interest (thanks CIS).

I have re-acquainted myself with the massive file which I fished out of my parents loft today

so happy I have my ducks in a row as things stood in 2010,

I just want to make sure this is likely to be enough to fight off this latest attack.

So statute barred June this year. No unequivocal admission /acknowledgment made in the 6 year period.??

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

This is obviously the reason for the activity now, they hope you have no knowledge of Limitations Act and will panic and pay up.

Keep them at arms length now.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

This is a classic case of a debt being sold on and sold on and sold on. I guess we can look on the bright side - it appears that Lowells have been a bit diddled if they purchased a debt from another DCA who probably knew it was unenforceable when the sold it :-)

Another tactic for dragging this out until the finish line of the SB date would be to wait 10 days after receiving a letter from them before writing back acknowledging receipt of that letter and that you will respond in full within 10 days. I learned that trick from a utility company!

However, if a full agreement can't be located then the debt is unenforceable anyway. If things do progress, you may need to CCA Lowells. I know you have done this for CIS and they failed to adequately respond, but I'm not sure that would be a defence as the debt is now owned by pursued by Lowells. So I think you might need to show that they can't enforce it.

FFP

My Background: I am not legally trained so the advice I offer is as a result of my experiences in business and being dragged through a bankruptcy process by a leading London law firm over a debt that turned out to be false. I won as a litigant in person :-)

I recently contacted lowells telling them an account was in dispute because of non compliance with a cca request and they have replied with the account is on hold while we get the paperwork from the OC. I realise it is horses for courses and either approach will have the same long term result.

Just options.

As stated before there seem to have been a flurry of assignments recently, not sure if this is to do with the end of the financial year approaching.

Got the CCA request and bog off letter to Lowells today by RD (2nd class).

Letter waiting when I got home from Fredrickson International collecting on behalf of Lowell !!! Now Fredrickson sent an identical letter in August 2008. I CCA'd them and they sent a large envelope full of statements !! Sent curt response to them September 2008 advising they had failed to supply true copy CCA and to bog off, that CIS had failed to provide this and if they pursued this further I would take legal action. Nothing heard from them since ever.

I do want to write back, do I need to CCA them again or does my original unfulfilled request still stand ? any ideas on wording or any grounds for harrassment or any offences committed here ? (have copies of all of their corres from 2008)

Yes refer them to your previous request and confirm that the account remains in dispute.

If this os the 1st contact since 2008 it's hardly harassment.

I would tell the DCA to do one. They failed to provide a copy of the agreement before, so they still wont be able to provide one now. For now, my advice would be to ignore them until a reply comes back from your CCA request. They dont own the debt, so they cant do ANYTHING apart from stamp their feet and call you names.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Update - both letters to Lowell and to Fredrickson confirmed received and signed for by RD tracker.

Today 2 letters from Fredrickson.

First one a big yellow card in an envelope advising ADDRESS CONFIRMED ..

.. no sh*t Sherlock, my address was on the letter I sent you ..

... then went on about how I need t contact them, we will commence litigation etc etc.

Next letter, thank you for your letter, re ref xxxx, we are no longer acting for the client.

Now this is a response under the old reference but same account no. .....

.. I did clearly quote and state both of their reference numbers but no reply re the new reference number ..

.... or a reply to my letter from 2008 I asked for !

Really, shouldn't surprise me as I remember writing countless letters to the like of these people pointing out the errors and stupidity of not reading letters correctly ...

.... I realise this is probably on purpose to frustrate me.

Well, they have the letter, it is signed for, up to them to send me something that doesn't exist I have been waiting 5 years for !!