Water pipe leak in new build - advice needed

laura_d
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone might be able to offer some advice...

I bought a new-build flat (for my sins) on the Hyde Housing shared ownership scheme in 2007. Since then, my water bill has continually increased year on year from £13 to £98 per month. Early last year, Thames Water confirmed there was a leak in underground pipework feeding the property. In December, following a lot of further investigation and heel dragging, they confirmed it was a customer side leak and that I would have to arrange for repair. On review of my water bills, it seems that the leak started in year 3.

Despite initially arranging for investigation, Hyde Housing are now washing their hands of the matter advising that I am responsible for the repair as leaseholder.

Whilst that might be so, I can't help thinking that new pipework should last longer than 3 years.

Does anyone know what rights, if any, I might have to pursue this and whether I should be forcing this issue on Hyde (or Rydon Construction as builders, or via the Zurich Warranty)?

Yours very stressed and fed up,

Laura

Natwest Bank Plc owe me £1,227.48

06/03/07 - Prelim Sent

16/03/07 - Claim authorised, in full, via telephone...

28/03/07 - Full offer received in writing - YAY

29/03/07 - Offer accepted!

Bank of Scotland Mastercard owe me £497.00

11/03/07 - Complaint telephone call logged

29/03/07 - 50% offer received...

Hi Laura sorry you haven't has a response as yet but will see if i can get someone who may know

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

I dont understand why the housing association ( who i presume manage the property ) are refusing to help. Are they not responsable for this sorrt of thing.What about drains etc.

They may well be able to get you to pay for the repair tho. depends on the lease agreement. Andydd may be able tohelp here.

also do you have any insurance that may cover it..

I would also refer it to the zurich scheme, but I think they only cover the buiding fabric and struucture.

Yep agrre any new installation should last longer than three years, but need to establish what has caused it, could a joint or movement.

Have you located the leak or done any investigation yourself? Contact original buiders and see what they say, they installed it.

The water co should reimburse the water lost in the leak once it is fixed . You have to claim for that.

I lost 500 cm, at a cost of over £2,000.00 I did not pay it and they wrote it off via my claim, once fixed.

• Haha 1