sold item on Ebay, all went ok, but buyer is now suing me as it needs a service

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

i need some help,

i recently sold an expensive watch on ebay.

I wanted it collected in person with cash as didnt want any come backs.

It was as advertised with pics ect, also had it authenticated in writing.

i had 1 winning bid,

the chap asked if i could courier watch to him and he would transfer money into my bank account.

money got paid in ok and recorded delivery to him.

i thought everything was fine until i have just returned from working abroad and to my dismay i have a court letter saying that he is claiming £470

because the watch needed servicing ect.

Can he do this?

Thanks.

Yes seems genuine? Will check tomorrow as only arrived back last night. Yes the watch was an expensive one. Think the situation might me getting serious as the latest letter says, you have not made payment under the judgement as you were ordered. The claiment has therefore asked for a warrant to be issued to the bailiff to seize my goods.

As you haven't yet had time to check this out, that sounds a bit fast. You have 28 days to pay a court judgement and then further action can be taken.

Can you scan and post up these court papers. Is there a court summons among the mail sent when you were away ?

Can you put a timeline on ?

How can i move into the legal section please?

Done already.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Richard, can you start at the beginning with the date the sale was made and list all the letter/emails either through the post or through ebay. The dates are important so if you can also list the date the court summons was sent etc, that would help a lot.

You don't have to copy the text of the letters, just a prompt as 24th Jan complained the watch needed servicing.

You need to set aside the CCJ, as you have been out of the country.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thankyou unclebulgaria, how do i do that? Just tried your link but could not find the section i need. Thanks.

Click on Debt at the top of the screen, then look for legal issues folder.

Got an N244 application notice. Will cost £80 but will go back to judge apparently and be heard again?

Yes you can apply for the set aside on the basis you were absent, but you would also need to say what the merits of your case were. Hence why questions have been raised.

Did you mention in the EBay advert anything about the condition of the watch and in particular servicing ? What were the particulars of the claim made against you, which concerned the condition of the watch or breach of the contract which they said you were responsible for ?

Yes i mentioned that it was in good condition, which it was. Took 6 digital photos and gave full description and stated on the advert that i wanted it collected in person as didnt want anything like this to happen. But i was persuaded to courier and bank transfer. So he has gone ahead and had the watch serviced and is now attempting to recover the cost from me. Even took it to a local dealer to make sure was original and that it was in full good working order, he gave me paper work to prove this.

Yes i mentioned that it was in good condition, which it was. Took 6 digital photos and gave full description and stated on the advert that i wanted it collected in person as didnt want anything like this to happen. But i was persuaded to courier and bank transfer. So he has gone ahead and had the watch serviced and is now attempting to recover the cost from me. Even took it to a local dealer to make sure was original and that it was in full good working order, he gave me paper work to prove this.

So complete the set aside on the basis of your absence and of the above, paying the £80. Re the absence you will need to put the dates that you were out of the country and were therefore not aware of any claim. Re the service issue, you just need to enter that no reference was made to the watch having been serviced in the EBay advertisement or in any communication and that the court can be provided with written proof from a local watch dealer that the watch was in full good working order before the sale took place. You therefore request the original default judgement to be set aside.