25k ltd company debt with direct collections ld

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3882 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

this is my first post!

right, im a director of a ltd company which has stop trading and we have debts.

we have a debt with 1 company for about 25k, now they have asked direct collections to recover the funds or goods

we no longer have the goods and we cant pay the debt, we have no assets at all.

we where served a winding up petition by the court last week so one of the companys we owe money too is closing us down.

the ltd company i had is registered at my home address and a calling card was left from ' direct collections ltd' asking me to contact there agent on his mobile number!

where do i stand with this, i know he cant touch the house as its a ltd company or remove personal goods.

do i just them to go away if they knock again or call them and tell and let them know ive been served a winding up pertition from the court?

thanks

paul

You need something from court/official or accountant to confirm that there is no money or assets left for this limited company. There must be something official to confirm the situation with the company that you can supply to Direct Collections.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

hi all

this is my first post!

right, im a director of a ltd company which has stop trading and we have debts.

we have a debt with 1 company for about 25k, now they have asked direct collections to recover the funds or goods

we no longer have the goods and we cant pay the debt, we have no assets at all.

we where served a winding up petition by the court last week so one of the companys we owe money too is closing us down.

the ltd company i had is registered at my home address and a calling card was left from ' direct collections ltd' asking me to contact there agent on his mobile number!

where do i stand with this, i know he cant touch the house as its a ltd company or remove personal goods.

do i just them to go away if they knock again or call them and tell and let them know ive been served a winding up pertition from the court?

thanks

paul

Provided you don't have a personal guarantee for the company's debt and there is no suggestion of trading negligently while insolvent : you have no obligation for the company's debt beyond money you have invested in the company.

DCA's have limited powers at best, even less when perusing an individual for a companies debts.

Don't let any caller from a DCA in, advise them the company is being wound up.

Does the company have assets at your home?.

Provided you don't have a personal guarantee for the company's debt and there is no suggestion of trading negligently while insolvent : you have no obligation for the company's debt beyond money you have invested in the company.

DCA's have limited powers at best, even less when perusing an individual for a companies debts.

Don't let any caller from a DCA in, advise them the company is being wound up.

Does the company have assets at your home?.

hi,

no assets at all.

so best to tell them the company is being wound up? and close the door on them if they call again?

paul

hi,

no assets at all.

so best to tell them the company is being wound up? and close the door on them if they call again?

paul

They won't take your word for it. They would need to see some official document confirming no assets or money left after company wound up.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

hi,

no assets at all.

paul

Up to you, but some DCA's have been known to be economical with the truth about their powers. As for "close the door" on them, you don't have to open it in the first place.

Why not prepare a letter for them : the company is being wound up, there are no company assets at your home.

If / when they call, hand them the letter. If you have documentation regarding the winding-up, so much the better.

There is also a template letter on the CAG site where you can revoke the implied permission they have to visit your home. Why not hand them both ......

Up to you, but some DCA's have been known to be economical with the truth about their powers. As for "close the door" on them, you don't have to open it in the first place.

Why not prepare a letter for them : the company is being wound up, there are no company assets at your home.

If / when they call, hand them the letter. If you have documentation regarding the winding-up, so much the better.

There is also a template letter on the CAG site where you can revoke the implied permission they have to visit your home. Why not hand them both ......

#

brill, many thanks, im on it now....

paul

just remember NO DCA has ANY POWERS to seize ANYTHING!

DLC don't take people to court either

so they have only been 'assigned' the debt

on a civil level

even IF they had a court order

it would NOT be them that did the seizure anyhow

NO DCA even WITH a court order can demand or take ANYTHING

they are only a DCA they are NOT BAILIFFS and NEVER EVER will be.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 8 months later...
hi guys, i'm currently speaking to the oft about this company and would jump at the chance of speaking to you as well. hopefully put them in their place

You need to start your own thread rather than just keep posting on old ones.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]