Royal`s Mail Lost or Stolen packages ! ! ! Huge problem ?!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4081 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

In December alone out of 3300 large letters and packages we have sent using 1st Class Royal Mail around 120 which is around 3.6%

got lost or stolen, we had to refund over £800 never mind our lost time or products costs. Can anyone share with me similar experience? Is that normal? Because there is nothing we can do to claim it back.... Shocking.

Thanks

Kamil

I`m about to send all mail which is over £10 using registered - singed for - service, but what do you mean by proof of posting? I have a business account with them and I think that nothing can help me, I`ve tried once and I was told that there is no chance to get all lost money back.

I clained against the "Signed For" lost package I sent abroad. It was a second user 12 months old mobile phone worth at the most £30 and 6 home DVD's to my fiance - Post and Insurance Cost £22.98. They wanted was proof that I purchase the DVD's and the phone.

How can I prove that I purchased the DVD's, these are from a pack of 100 bought two years ago.

Signed For is definately a Rip Off

Hello,

In December alone out of 3300 large letters and packages we have sent using 1st Class Royal Mail around 120 which is around 3.6%

got lost or stolen, we had to refund over £800 never mind our lost time or products costs. Can anyone share with me similar experience? Is that normal? Because there is nothing we can do to claim it back.... Shocking.

Thanks

Kamil

Why can you not claim the value back?

Why can you not claim the value back?

Unless you obtain at the very least a Free proof of posting from the Post office counter you are unable to claim compensation.

http://www.royalmail.com/customer-service/personal-customers/refunds-and-compensation/claims-process/compensation-tables/compensation-lost

This is their compensation chart. ^^^^^^

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

An actual occurance when I worked for a High Street large chain, customer bought a lot of High Priced Royal Dalton ware and other items, they wanted it despatched to their address in America, the Royal Mail stated about £26.00 or there abouts Insurance for overseas Parcels Insurance on top of the main Parcel Postage, there and then the Parcel was packed with every conceivable packaging and the customer was very happy with the method we used and the necessary forms filled out and the Post Office collected in the normal way signing despatch document and customs declaration, .

Shortly after the customer contacted the department within the store as a couple of expensive items were damaged on arrival (but did point out that of all the parcels received from different high street stores) our was the very least damaged, the necessary claim form filled in also the customer had been requested to return the said items which they duly did, the Post Office Inspector eventually came to my office and looked at the items and filled out documents, then for Insurance claim, 3 days later I received a letter from Post Office Insurance with a questionnaire , amongst was at what point was the damaged noticed by customer? on delivery, and a lot of other questions,. The outcome was no claim allowed as proof of the fact the damaged was caused in the U.K. during transit, so proof that it was not damaged in America, you had so many days to supply the necessary proof.

Well the outcome of course is the Insurance is fraud in inception but being the Royal Mail can do what they like. But I wrote to the customer in America and showed evidence of the situation with Post office also enclosed a voucher by our company to used on their next visit if they so wished as we are unable to get the Post office to budge.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

HAVE YOU THOUGHT ABOUT ASKING YOUR HOME INSURANCE SUPPLIER? iT MAY BE COVERED THROUGH THEM? BUT WHEN I SAID ABOUT POSTAGE RECEIPT YOU MUST ALWAYS GET PROOF OF POSTING YOU DONT HAVE TO PAY FOR IT AND I THINK IT COVERS YOU UP TO ABOUT £50! IF HOME INSURANCE DOESNT COVER IT THEN THERE WILL BE LITTLE YOU CAN DO! COS YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE POSTED ANYTHING!? OR AT LEAST THATS WHAT THEYLL SAY BUT ID USE A COURIER IN FUTURE THEY ARE NOT AS EXPENSIVE AS YOUD THINK! SORRY CANT HELP MORE!

HAVE YOU THOUGHT ABOUT ASKING YOUR HOME INSURANCE SUPPLIER? iT MAY BE COVERED THROUGH THEM? BUT WHEN I SAID ABOUT POSTAGE

Your "Caps lock" key appears to be stuck.

(All capitals makes it hard to read and gives the impression of 'shouting')

Household insurance is very unlikely to apply here, as 3300 parcels/packets/letters in a month is a business, not residential.

There is little advantage in recorded delivery over "1st class post with proof of posting" in terms of traceability, so the advice I can offer the OP is:

a) offer your customers "Special Delivery" for packages of value,

b) get proof of posting for the others (though I've only used proof of posting for individual letters and don't know if they'll do so for over 3000 items a month), so

c) speak to a Royal Mail business adviser about your options for posting items : not least if they should be investigating a 3.6% loss rate / 120 items undelivered.

• 1 month later...

I received a delivery card with 2 items delivered and stored in my storage cupboard, but then I only found one in there. I guess 1 item has been stolen, would that be a fault of Royal mail for leaving it insecure?