EVRI Claim Criteria

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been looking for similar posts regarding EVRI and my situation and can't see anything similar so any help would be appreciated.

I sold 4 pairs of trainers on Stock X, paid for the shipping and insured them to the value of the items sold. 

I dropped off the parcels and received the EVRI receipt as per usual.

Checked tracking a week later as I had a chase up email from Stock X regarding one of the buyers not receiving their item, tracking on item hadn't moved from pick up shop since drop off.

I checked the other 3 and same issue no movement.

Contacted EVRI and after some back and forward emails was asked to submit a claim for all 4, I submitted the claim forms and the stock x sales receipt showing value, address of buyer etc as per their claims form requirements.

A few weeks later contacted by a claims manager Ian who said I needed to supply the original receipts for the items as the claim would not be accepted otherwise and the claim would be paid at the RRP value of the purchases.

I said this was not in their terms that I could see and had no relevance on my sale and subsequent booking as I insured the items as their sold value not their original RRP

I was told without this they would not be paying out on the loss of my parcels

He went on to cite an example - a pair of trainers I bought from a retailer a few years ago for £150 that have increased in value and are now worth £400 would only be paid out to £150 as per my original receipt.

I have no idea of the legality of this but it seems madness as my bookings were based on sold prices not what I paid originally that how reselling works

I also enquired whether the pair I sold for £250 but paid £320 for would be paid at the higher rate and I was told no as they were insured for £250, makes zero sense and I imagine ultimately I am going to have to take this to small claims based on others experiences on this forum.

I have supplied the original invoices/receipts for 3 of the items as that all I could find receipt wise as some dated back over 5 years ago but its been silent from the claims team for 5 weeks now.

Please read up lots of the stories that we have on the sub forum about this delivery company.

I mean lots which will probably take you at least two or three days.

Monitor this thread for a further reply later on today or tomorrow

As advised above, you will need to start of reading lots of the stories on this sub- forum. Not only about EVRi but about all the delivery companies. You may not find a direct parallel with your own circumstances but the principles will be the same and will be repeated and repeated in the various stories.

The second thing to understand is that we always managed to force them to pay out the money. However you will have to be persistent about it and it takes time because one of the methods that EVRi try to scam you is to try and reduce your will and to fatigue you. This is not only to try and frustrate your claim but also so that others who may be less resilient will give up rather than face it.

If you read up on the stories on this sub- forum you will soon understand firstly that the insurance which you paid out is unnecessary and unenforceable. It is contrary to section 57 of the consumer rights act and it is contrary to section 72 because it is a secondary contract intended to reinforce the limitation of liability contrary to section 57.

All technical stuff – but not very difficult – but just so you know.

As far as we're concerned, you will be able to recover the declared value of your lost or stolen items. It depends on the been properly declared in terms of the identity of the item and its value.

Please can you give us the date that they were sent, the date that they were considered lost.

Were they correctly declared and was the value correctly declared.

I understand that there were four separate consignments – presumably sent out under four different tracking numbers – so we can say that they were four different contracts.

They were all sent at the same time and I think we can say that it is beyond doubt that they were stolen.

Please list out the value of each parcel.