jsa sanction

oblivious
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread muxh appreciated. I just have one more question. My advisor told me to request payment via faster payments instead of bacs so to ensure I would recieve it today. I did this and got two phone calls yesterday. I did'nt realise it was the DWP as it was an 0845 phone number and never answer them it was'nt untill i typed the number in google that it came up as the DWP. I have had to request another phone call back this morning. I have a feeling they are going to refuse to pay by faster payments as I have had this before when I signed late due to sickness. If this is the case what should I do?

well just as I thought guys. They are refusing to pay via faster payments because I did not answer the phone yeasterday. They are saying the payment has been released over night and will not clear untill Thursday. I explained that my gas and electric is due to run out today and requested they recall the payment and issue one via faster payments but they refused saying they could not do it. I beleive they could this if they wanted to any suggestions on how to get payment today?

Good to hear that you are re-instated and receiving JSA again.

It really does seem like the luck of the draw at times with what happens regards your benefit. Over 20 jobs a week is more than enough and in a way it can be detrimental to your jobsearch. If someone has to apply for so much (not saying you oblivious) but some others may end up just copy/pasting e-mails or taking 5 minutes to fill in online applications as they are stressed about getting their 'target' in the for the week at the adviser.

My jsa-agreement is to contact 1 employer a week, ask 1 friend/family a week and apply for 7 jobs a week. Yet my friend who claims unemployment benefit in a different office and been unemployed since April''s agreement is to apply for 2 jobs every 4 weeks every 2 weeks.

Thanks flumps. Your right it is down to the time it takes and they are not prepared to take the time. They were not best pleased when I pointed out that if a person gets a sanction and payment has been released they would not hesitate to take the time to stop payment then, however just because I am entitled and will suffer hardship I have wait the extra days! I had apply for a crisis loan which enabled me to get gas and electric.

Cash4nothing, the advisor said it was mandatory to sign up when I produced a printoff from their own union website saying that it is not they ran off to their manager. I do not know what was said but then they proceeded to start counting up everything I did on my job seekers diary and it turned out I had only written to 16 instead of twenty and said they were sending it for refferral. I do not count up what I have done, I just do what I can and whats available to me. No other advisor has ever had a problem and it has been commented that my job seekers diary is always good. I was put under pressure to agree to the original agreement yes, to point I wrote to my MP, however they still refused to budge.

I have had my job seekers agreement reduced now to six a week, ring 2 employers and visit two. Also it is on there that I am not required to sign up to agencies or universal job match due to concerns I have over my personal data. Yes you are right Bialoman it is detrimental a point I argued 6 months ago. Jobs are not advertised at a regular rate you may have a really good week where you apply for way over what your agreement says and then other weeks you struggle to meet it. I hope you are successful in your appeal and if I can be of any help let me know. I think you have been treated unfairly and it sometimes hard to keep track of what you have and have not applied for when you applying for many jobs a week and this should be taken into consideration.

I keep it all logged on a word document for each two week period as I find a lot of jobs are re-advertised and I have applied previously but do not realise untill I check through my records.