Quidmarket issue Claimform

mikem4491
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4061 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok mikem now we know its the correct form...you need a copy of the Notice of Allocation as referred to in post#70. (N160)

Looking at the Order again

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1. There be judgement for the claimant for the admitted amount of £450.57.I am aware that you only admitted the amount you deemed owing.

2. The claimant file and serve a statement of account by 1 April 2013. So nothings set in stone yet it looks like reserved judgment Partial admittance

3. The defendant must thereafter file at court and send to the claimant an explanation of why he disputes the balance. But only if the Claimant complies with the above point 2

I must Admit mikem Im at a lost I have never seen anything like this before...perhaps the NoA may shed more light (if there was one served)

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct.......Quidmarket were jumping the gun a little they have not got judgment just yet...however you have to dispute the amount that the DJ stated IE £450.57.

On that Order was there provision for you to vary or set a side within 7 days?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Ok well chase up the N160 and keep your eye on the dates.... if by 1st April they have not served a copy of their statement to show how the debt has accrued then you can inform the court (seek further direction) and also consider an application to strike out for failure to comply.

Thecourt wont talk to me now so I have to write in, do I dispute the amount in the same letter?

Not sure why they wont talk to you but yes put it in writing and what recourse is available to you.

ok here goes, I'll write:

From my notice of transfer of proceedings I was informed that I would be sent details of the judges directions in a notice of allocation. Please provide me with a copy of this or an explanation why one was not served.

I am in receipt of your general form of judgement or order and dispute point 1. in that there is no admitted amount. The final sentence of my defence states that "...it is denied that the claimant it entitled to the relief claimed or any relief" Please advise what recourse is available to me in this matter.

ok here goes, I'll write:

From my notice of transfer of proceedings I was informed that I would be sent details of the judges directions in a notice of allocation (N160). Please provide me with a copy of this or an explanation why one was not served.

I am in receipt of your general form of judgement or order (N24) and dispute point 1. in that there is no admitted amount. The final sentence of my defence states that "...it is denied that the claimant it entitled to the relief claimed or any relief" Please advise what recourse is available to me in this matter.

Regards

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got a response from the court:

"Your letter to court dated 22 March 2013 has been referred to a district judge who stated the following:

"If he defendant has an application to make he should make it properly. The court does not give legal advice. The "Defence" appears to admit the amount"

Real helpful stuff. What us a "proper application" then?

All applications should by made vis a N244 and off course with the relevant fee:wink:

Hi,

Just read through this thread and there is clearly a partial admittance of the debt in the first line of the Defence.

Disagreeing is the amount of interest and the balance of the debt is not a legal Defence and does not negate the entire claim.

There is now an enforceable judgment for the admitted amount at point 1 on the judgment. The claim is continuing on the disputed amount of the claim.

An application to set aside the judgment is possible but I fear it will be a waste of £80.00.