• Tweets

• Sunak actually nailed it in his boring speech yesterday  Starmers only offering is vote to be depressed  Just about sums up lefties  Humourless and Depresive🤣
    • Ah ok I will see if we receive it in the post tomorrow before I go to work. We want to see theirs so we know what documents they will list ? If their N265 is not received then best to send ours so that we do not miss the claimants deadline as per their draft directions.  What would happen if we did miss the deadline even by 1 day ? The claimant would use it against us in court ?  I scanned and posted in #159 the claimants continuation sheet attached to the N244 where they give a background of the case and reference e-mails etc. After this I will continue to work on the WS which is also causing me anxiety. This will also be used to object to their SJ application. I will advise tomorrow if anything else is received.  
    • Last September our 2019 plate Motorhome went to Brownhills of Newark for its annual habitation check/service. Whilst on there site for the day one of their drivers managed to drive it into a lamp post and put a 2m long scratch down the side of the body. They didn't own up to the damage, but luckily we noticed it before leaving the site, at which point the admitted fault and said they would fix it in house rather than go through the insurance. As they are an authorised Motor home repairer etc we agreed to this and a time frame of 3 weeks was given for the repair, which was booked in for late November. It could not be booked in sooner for the repair as we had a weekends away etc booked with the vehicle until mid November.  3 weeks, and a simple re-spray has now evolved to 18 weeks of them having the vehicle, due to the spray job having to be done 3 times, a window seal not been re-fitted correctly, leading to rain water pouring into the van and the replacement decals been applied wrong twice & having to be re-ordered from Elddis who originally built the camper. We finally got the vehicle back in late April, still minus 1 of the decals.   Back in March we had an email from Brownhills asking what compensation we would accept due to the delays in returning the vehicle to us (They have had it for 18 weeks instead of the initial 3 weeks which was agreed). Once we finally got the vehicle back we told them what we expected (Basically the value that the camper has depreciated by in the extra 15 weeks they have had it and which time we were unable to use it). They are now refusing to honour any compensation and are only offering us a free service for when this is due in September.   Legally where do we stand?  Obviously we are not taking it back to them for a service, given that last time they managed to crash it and its taken so long for them to make such a simple repair. We are considering legal action, but are not really sure under what grounds/legislation we could claim. Any advice would be much appreciated.
    • Usual alarmist tripe from the Guardian exposed🤣     Many of the ‘Climate Experts’ Surveyed by the Guardian in Recent Propaganda Blitz Turn Out to be Emotionally-Unstable Hysterics – The Daily Sceptic DAILYSCEPTIC.ORG Last week, the Guardian published a survey of 383 'climate experts' and – shock – many of them turned out to be... The Guardian last week published its survey of ‘climate experts’. The results are a predictable mush of fire-and-brimstone predictions and emotional incontinence. This stunt may have convinced those already aligned to the newspaper’s ideological agenda to redouble their characteristically shrill rhetoric, but encouraging scientists to speculate and emote about the future of the planet looks like an act of political desperation, not scientific communication.
    • Thanks all. Just by way of an update, I've emailed the supplemental WS to both the court and UKPC on Sunday evening.   Had the following autoreply from UKPC, so not sure if anyone would look at it before Thu, is it worth calling them to see if they have received it? Dear Sir/Madam, Thank you for your email. Please be advised that we aim to respond within 28 days. Please note that we cannot accept appeals against parking charges via this inbox and the opportunity to appeal this parking charge has expired. Many Thanks, Litigation Team UK Parking Control Ltd  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Andrew James enforcement trouble! Will not accept payments will only collect fulll

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am currently having trouble with the firm Andrew James enforcement.

baliffs are knocking on my door at all hours and I am refusing to open the door to them, I have intact end them though too try to arrange a payment plan as I am only currently receiving job seekers allowance and child tax credit!

I have too children ages 11 and 13 I offered them 5 pound a week as that's all I can afford the total bill is 728 the actual amount I owe the council is 356!! The reSt is baliff charges which is ridiculous anyway they refused my offer staing I needed to pay in full I informed them I was not in a position to do this and I was told in so many word oh well recovery action will go ahead !

I have never let them in and they have certainly not levied on any of my goods.

I rang the council to ask if they could have the debt back and was told as I have baliff charges outstanding they cannot take the debt back Untill they are cleared! So I'm stuck!

What I need to know is if I keep ignoring the baliff will they eventually send it back to the council and is there a maximum amount that baliffs can charge!

Any help on how I can deal with this will be greatly appreciated I am going to pay the council direct 5 a week Untill Xmas then I will up it to 20 but I'm not paying the baliffs anything am I within my rights to do this?

Thanks in advance

Edited by ims21
Formatted for easier reading

are you a single parent? if so then it shouldn't be with a bailiff as you are classed as vulnerable. bailiff charges are £24:50 for first visit then £18:00 for 2nd visit so total of £42:50 so we need if possible a breakdown of fees if you have them. Yes if you ignore them they eventually pass it back to council, however the council can go for a committal to prison (remember they could not they will) what you need to do is speak to council and ask them to take it back, explaining you offered a reasonable amount to bailiff who refused payment (do you have any letters refusing payment) I would also be bringing in your local councillor too explaining situation and getting his/her help. So I would contact council ask them to take it back as their own agent will not accept the payment plan.

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

I thought for Council Tax they can only charge £24.50 for a first visit and then £18 for two further visits. They can only charge an attendance fee if they have actually made a levy. If they have made a levy, they should have given you paperwork for this.

Suggest contacting the council to make a complaint that the bailiff is refusing any payment and trying to overcharge on fees. If they fail to take on the complaint, you will report this to the Local Government Ombudsman.

You don't have to deal with the bailiff and can deal direct with the council, if the bailff is not acting properly. The council are responsible for the behaviour of their bailiffs.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

are you a single parent? if so then it shouldn't be with a bailiff as you are classed as vulnerable. bailiff charges are £24:50 for first visit then £18:00 for 2nd visit so total of £42:50 so we need if possible a breakdown of fees if you have them. Yes if you ignore them they eventually pass it back to council, however the council can go for a committal to prison (remember they could not they will) what you need to do is speak to council and ask them to take it back, explaining you offered a reasonable amount to bailiff who refused payment (do you have any letters refusing payment) I would also be bringing in your local councillor too explaining situation and getting his/her help. So I would contact council ask them to take it back as their own agent will not accept the payment plan.

Thanks for the reply I have asked the council to take the debt back and they have said that as there are bailiff charges they can't take it back Untill they are cleared! They want 300 odd for charges!! Yea I am a single parent and already have a attachment from my benefit for previous years so I know this can be done but neither if them are budging bailiff wants parent in full council said I got to pay the charges before they take it bak because I was in work when the bailiffs got involved which was sep and I was laid off oct I really don't know what to so and am so stressed at the moment !

[quote

What I need to know is if I keep ignoring the baliff will they eventually send it back to the council and is there a maximum amount that baliffs can charge!

I have in the past ignored the bailiffs and it did get handed back to the council given time they will give up with you and hand it back to council

They can charge £24.50 first visit fee with no levy and £18.00 second visit fee with no levy

they can return as much ass they like and charge no more as long as you keep them out and deny them a levy

Any repayments do it direct to the council online using correct reference numbers

It is important you deny bailiffs a levy and keep them out of your property otherwise fees will go up lots

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

I thought for Council Tax they can only charge £24.50 for a first visit and then £18 for two further visits. They can only charge an attendance fee if they have actually made a levy. If they have made a levy, they should have given you paperwork for this.

Suggest contacting the council to make a complaint that the bailiff is refusing any payment and trying to overcharge on fees. If they fail to take on the complaint, you will report this to the Local Government Ombudsman.

You don't have to deal with the bailiff and can deal direct with the council, if the bailff is not acting properly. The council are responsible for the behaviour of their bailiffs.

They have made no levy I have never spoken to them only rang them today after they where hammering on my door at7.45 my children were terrified! How can I find out what I have been charged? And so you know how long it will take before they send it back to the council? If they even do this?

Thanks

[quote

I have in the past ignored the bailiffs and it did get handed back to the council given time they will give up with you and hand it back to council

They can charge £24.50 first visit fee with no levy and £18.00 second visit fee with no levy

they can return as much ass they like and charge no more as long as you keep them out and deny them a levy

Any repayments do it direct to the council online using correct reference numbers

It is important you deny bailiffs a levy and keep them out of your property otherwise fees will go up lots

Brilliant thanks how do I find out how my charges are up in the 300 mark?

Hi

I have no breakdown of fees that's all I know when I spoke to the council was my bill outstanding was 356 pound the baliffs want 728. The council have said they cannot take it back Untill these charges have been paid in full do you know if this is correct? They are saying because I was employed when the bailiff got involved in sep there is nothing they can do now! I was laid off in oct so probably was a maximum of two weeks in work !!

you can write to the bailiffs asking for a break down of fees there is a template letter somewhere(cant find it at the moment)

You need to do a formal complaint to council about there agents fees copy in your local MP

Bailiffs are trying it on

Try this...............

As for the bailiffs, you need a Breakdown of the fees they are charging, here's an example of what to use, send initially by email followed by a copy in the post.

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were certificated at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject access request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

you can write to the bailiffs asking for a break down of fees there is a template letter somewhere(cant find it at the moment)

You need to do a formal complaint to council about there agents fees copy in your local MP

Bailiffs are trying it on

I had a funny feeling they were too be honest the woman I spoke to today was the most arrogant *bleep* iv ever encountered!! So I can ask for a breakdown of fees and is it correct they can only charge for two visits? I'm gonna pay the council weekly and hope tht they get fed up and leave me alone the way they were hammering on the door this morning though at 7.45 I can't see this happening anytime soon !

I rang the council to ask if they could have the debt back and was told as I have baliff charges outstanding they cannot take the debt back Untill they are cleared! So I'm stuck!

The Council are talking rubbish. If you do speak to them again remind them they are 100% liable for the actions & charges their contractor makes - in this case the Bailiffs. I would suggest you contact your local Councillor(s) and ask they intervene on your behalf. Councillors in my view are contactable 7 days per week up until 9pm so still time this evening, details of who can be found on the Council website.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On top of the breakdown of fees you need you also need to establish exactly what you owe. You need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:

1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you

2 - the dates they were obtained

3 - the addresses they were for

4 - the period of time each covers

5 - how much each one was for

6 - how much is still outstanding

7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement

8 - the dates & amounts of any payments

Have you paid Bailiffs in the past?

If memory serves me right Andrew James operate in Wales, therefore the charges are slightly different £22-50 for a 1st Visit & £16-00 for a 2nd Visit. I would suspect they will claim to have levied on someones car in the street, doesn't matter whether you own it or not to them.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Follow ploddertoms advice,and be ready to issue a Formal Complaint once you have the breakdown of charges, I suspect like PT that the bailiffs will claim to have a levy on a car, so if it isn't your car levy and all associated fees are invalid so it goes ibn the complaint along with them ignoring the vulnerability. You then say that you will pay them an amount you can afford regularly on the same day weekly or whatever. Copy complaint to council CEO, elected leader and MP

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!