Welcome Finance any dealings???

falcon185
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4985 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HAs anyone actually put in a N1 for Welcome yet?

£914.00 unfair bank charges recovered from NatWest after 1st letter :)

£255.00 unfair bank charges recovered from RBS after 1st letter :)

Welcome Finance cannot supply original agreement, N1 issued for charges, PPI & interest total over £3k :cool:

Woolwich 2 defaults removed, 1 ccj removed. My credit file is now clean :D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tanz i'm claiming for missold PPi and i have a prelim and LBA but they were totally unsucessful! I was wondering what you wanted it for? Is it to copy? mines probably not the besat example to copy, i think i pretty much altered the bank charges prelim letter.

Welcome Finance cannot supply original agreement, N1 issued for charges, PPI & interest total over £3k :cool:

Hi Guys

Just recieved a letter from Welcome Finance today. In summary they state that the fees applied to my account are there standard charges which are contractually in the agreement which I've signed and advertised in their branch offices. They advise that the fees are fair and below the OFT guidance and advise that my reliance on the OFT guidelines are not applicable because they are not in relation to secured loan agrrements.

They've advised me to send copies of my identification which they will then forward to their Data protection Co-ordinator who will then send me my required information (I requested a copy of all data held on their systems about me). They've attached an account statement to the letter but there is still no copy of the signed and ammended agreement!! Considering the fact that my original letter to them asked for a copy of my original signed agreement, they were only to happy to send this without any form of ID.

They've not specified what sort of ID they want from me and quite frankly I don't trust them!!

I'm tempted to phone them and ask whats happened to the ammended agreement, and question why they need ID from me to send the copy of the ammended agreement out (I understand the need for ID with regards to the data).

Any idea's or suggestions on how to proceed please?

Many thanks

Adienotts

Tanz i'm claiming for missold PPi and i have a prelim and LBA but they were totally unsucessful! I was wondering what you wanted it for? Is it to copy? mines probably not the besat example to copy, i think i pretty much altered the bank charges prelim letter.

Yes I would like to copy, I did have a really good example of one for missold PPI but lost it somehow.

When you say yours were unsuccessful, what did you mean?

Tanz

Anyone else got a good example off PPI and LBA letters?

Hello Tanz,

u can find mine in my thread: Itsme VS Welcome Finance...

regards,

Itsme

• Haha 1

Carphone Warehouse WON £195.00

Welcome Finance in Court. N244 accepted.

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

Halifax solo, switch, Credit Classic, Halifax one Itsme Vs Halifax 2 accounts

Creation Finance Prelim received offer of £79.88.... Itsme VS Creation Finance

Vodafone overcharged Vodafon.. anything that could be done?

U know where the scales r:)))))

Adienotts...

Its been 27 days so theyve defaulted on the CCA request. They can no longer enforce the agreement without proving its exsistence. If this default continues for one calender month then they may have commited a criminal offence and will need the courts permission to enforce the agreement. I would just bide your time and let them commit the offence, after all, its their problem now!

As for the SAR, they are within their rights to ensure you are who you say you are, but in my honest opinion, its a stall tactic as they are probably receiving more requests than ever!! Just give them a call and ask what proof they require (see if you can provide this at your local office to save sending anything off) but dont enter into any conversation about your case a they have a habbit of being economical with the truth on the phone!! You need everything in writing in case this goes to court.

Then just sit back and let them shoot themselves in the feet with both barrels!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read throught the

FAQ's and when your ready, start a thread in your banks forum to keep us all updated!

If the information I have provided is useful, please click the scales!

Yes I would like to copy, I did have a really good example of one for missold PPI but lost it somehow.

When you say yours were unsuccessful, what did you mean?

Tanz

Anyone else got a good example off PPI and LBA letters?

I meant that Welcome just fobbed me off with their standard letters and then dared me to take them to court, which i have now done. After all they cant provide the agreement, so how can they prove that i agreed to pay these fees and charges! stupid people :mad:

Hi all Archies the name i to am after this lot just to let you know i sent a SAR AWAY GOT MY STATEMENTS then got copies of the agreement sent to me along with PPI details sent away my Prelim letter with the charges sheet for claiming back fees & PPI have been sent letter back saying your claim for PPI is not missold as i signed the documents but they said that they will give me back £315 back on my account as a goodwill gesture on their behalf to me they know they are in the wrong & this is a fob off today recieved answer to prelim saying they are ready to go to court so be it this lot are hiding something if anyone has won or been to court & lost please post on as iam GOING TO COURT BOYS & GIRLS READY FOR ACTION why would they put £315 back on the account if the did nothing wrong PEOPLE TAKE NOTE WILL KEEP YOU ALL POSTED & THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME JOIN YOUR THREAD

Amazing isn't it, all these goodwill gestures..... Keep going ab2mlf , of course they are in the wrong, as you say why else???

Woolwich won in court/default removed Barclaycard Settled Halifax settled

Capital 1Settled GE Money Settled

Egg Settled-court action re.default 4th hearing!

I meant that Welcome just fobbed me off with their standard letters and then dared me to take them to court, which i have now done. After all they cant provide the agreement, so how can they prove that i agreed to pay these fees and charges! stupid people :mad:

Good work.

Cheers, Taz:)))));)

Archie..u r pretty lucky..after 2 months of fighting WF all i've received is £44.44....£20- returned DD charge and £22.44 for a cancellation of Medicare:)))) and i am in the court stage:)))))))))))):)

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

Archie..u r pretty lucky..after 2 months of fighting WF all i've received is £44.44....£20- returned DD charge and £22.44 for a cancellation of Medicare:)))) and i am in the court stage:)))))))))))):)

I might start my letter to welcome off with:

Sorry for the delay in my response following reciept of my SAR from Welcome Finance, however I have been very busy due to the fact that I have been successfull in my litigation to reclaim unlawfull penalty charges from Barclays Bank, Lloyds TSB Bank, Capital One Bank (which also included the removal of a default notice from my credit file, so don't get any ideas) and am also currently undertaking litigation against HSBC Bank, Barclaycard, and a second claim against Barclays Bank, as well as a claim against Barclaycard for my partner, three claims against Halifax Bank and a claim against Alliance & Leicester for friends of mine. As you will no doubt see I have and am very busy but I wanted to leave this claim until the last in order to give it my full attention, as I am going to enjoy this one immensly.

LAUGH OUT LOUD.

What do you reckon?

Tanz

Great:)))))Oh well, i wish i would have started claim to WF at the end:)))But it's my first one......and i believe one of the hardest:))))

U can mention you succefull claims in your prelim..as well as FSA investigation .....u can also send FLA a copy of your claim....

I believe Wf is getting more busier these days as they started to offer some sum as a goodwill...NOT TO ME:)))))

Good luck and keep me posted....

As i said my next step is court they are hiding something & one of us will expose it in court all the best when you get there i will be watching Archie

Hi Smoothy

Sorry for the delay in replying back to you, i've had a few computer problems over the last few days. I will be giving them a call tomorrow to find out what ID they require. Like you said, it may be a stall tactic (I hope so).

Many thanks for your help and once again sorry for the delay in thanking you for your assistance.

Best Wishes

Adienotts

P.S. I shall keep you all updated

Dealings with Welcome? Where do we start!

In 2002, we bought a car with an HP agreement through Welcome Finance. For one reason or another, we fell into default and were served with a Default Notice on 5 April 2006. A summary of the Notice:

"To remedy the breach you must pay to us the total arrears of £2550.45 before 15 April 2006 ... if you do not take the action required by this notice before the date shown then the further action set out below may be taken against you ... on or after the date shown we shall terminate the agreement, enforce our right to recover possession of the goods and/or require payment of the outstanding balance ... termination of the agreement will take effect on the date shown unless the total arrears are paid in full before that date ... you can apply to the Court which may make an Order allowing you more time if you are not sure what to do"

The letter enclosed said:

"Enclosed is a Notice of Default which I intend to enforce unless you clear the arrears within 10 days or alternatively contact me immediately with your proposals for payment."

I contacted Welcome in writing on 13 April 2006 and offered to pay £130 per month being two-thirds of the contractual payment. The offer was accepted, however, I am now in a position where (because I have another loan account with Welcome) I am paying £63 per month to the HP agreement.

Since 13 April 2006, I have been supplied with statements of account and I believed the agreement to still be in force, i.e. not terminated.

I recently applied for voluntary termination of the agreement to be told that the agreement was terminated on 15 April 2006 and they had just accepted a reduced repayment scheme towards the outstanding balance.

Correspondence since April 2006 has included reference in their letters to "car finance agreement". I have come to an agreement where if I pay £70 per month for 14 months to the loan account I have with them, they will write off the balance. I wrote asking if they would do the same with the hire purchase agreement and they wrote saying:

"The offer I propse to you with regards to your car finance agreement would take effect on completion of your loan account after 14 months. This agreement would be based on the balance of your account at that time. For example, if your balance as stated is £6272.23 the amount to pay back would be £3450.00. Please let me know if you wish to proceed with the offer."

To me that means the "car finance agreement" as they call it is not terminated and I should be within my rights to voluntarily terminate.

Now they are saying I can only voluntarily surrender and the whole outstanding amount is due - I get no rebate for handing back the vehicle early.

I have also asked for copies of the original agreement I signed in April 2003 - I agreed a variation to the original July 2002 agreement for a lower monthly repayment - and I've never been sent any. I forget how many times I have asked for a copy but I should not have to ask more than once.

In summary, when the varied agreement commenced in April 2003 and the interest was front loaded on to the agreement, I owed a total of £11882.00:

Disbursal for HP Modification: £7570.58

Disbursal of fees: £95.00

Disbursal of Interest Charges: £4216.22

I have paid a total of £5000 to the agreement and have incurred £195 in charges. I am now faced with paying another £7,000 and no chance of taking advantage of a rebate for voluntary termination. Because of my financial circumstances, I have underpaid by about £4,000 but they have agreed to reduced payments and I have paid more than one-third so they can't take the car without a Court Order.

I'm pig sick of this company and want to expose them for the shysters they are - can anyone help?

EDIT: I've had 4 accounts with Welcome in total - two loan accounts and two HP agreements, this HP agreement I have now "replaced" the earlier agreement where I was sold insurance, payment protection, etc but apparently that was all cancelled after 9 months when I signed the "modified" agreement but still have to pay the full whack back that was outstanding. Some more figures from the July 2002 agreement:

Price of goods: £5073

Deposit: £100

Amount of credit: £4973

Acceptance fee: £150

Finance charge: £4303.24 (APR 42.3%)

Total: £9526.24

PPI: £1891.30

Mechanical breakdown insurance: £1000

Collision call: £240

Total premiums: £3131.30

Finance charge: £2630.14 (APR 39.7%)

Altogether £15287.68 to be repaid over 48 months at £318.49 a month - I couldn't keep up those payments but must have paid £2,000 towards that agreement before it was "modified" after 9 months.

Sorry for the long post above so this merits another shorter post!

Because my new agreement was for £7570.78 plus interest, this means to me that I am paying for something I didn't have the benefit of, i.e. PPI, mechanical breakdown insurance, collision call.

Am I within my rights to ask Welcome to refund that part of the PPI I never used - i.e. 39 months of a 48-month agreement being £1536.68?

i took out a hp agreement with Welcome oct 2004 (I hate em) and voluntary terminated in February 2007. they sent me a letter saying how much i owe them and it totalled 1200 (approx). I had paid over half of the agreement and was well within my rights to voluntary terminate. (as per contract)

They then told me to contact them regarding a proposal for paying the money back. I told them i could pay the full amount in April, but if they wanted interim payments of £100 pm i could do so. They then said that i definately would have to take out another loan:D to pay off the amount at which i bluntly refused. (take me to court :???: heck as like take out another loan with a loan shark company)..then i get a letter saying that they could offer me another hp agreement but at a better apr, interest rate. 'come down and get a shiny new car!'

Basically what i owe (the £1200) is PPI, mechanical breakdown cover, collision call etc all of which i was told definately had to be taken out before i could go ahead with the agreement and get the car..like a fool i signed, because believe u me, they do pressure you. Now I dont really care what happens because i never used any of those insurances anyway... Im refusing to pay them, theyve got nearly £6000 out of me, plus a returned car what more do they want????

since the phone call about taking out another loan to pay off the existing loan ive heard jack diddly from them. I no doubt will hear from bailiffs and the like but this will go to court cos they are conning people left right and centre.

And do you know that back in Oct 2004 i left the showroom with no tax, and no insurance 'DRIVE AWAY THE SAME DAY' and was told by the salesman when i asked...'the police give you a 7 day grace period'.

Simon Gregson @ Welcome car showroom Feltham.

hello all welcome fighters a couple of Weeks ago a posted a thread saying there were taking my other half to court for a charging order on our property any i sent welcome a cca no reply now been 12 days??? i sent them a four page letter of complaint saying they had given my partner incorrect info they told him to ignore soliciters letters etc

well i got a lovely letter back off them saying the person my partner spoke to was not trained to deal with the situation and that the letter had been passed to her manager as a training issue..that to me is them admitting they were in the wrong?? also they gave dates and amounts of when the loan was taken out all wrong date says he took the loan out 21/03/07???

all i can say is what absolute morons they are not even capable of writting a letter, i now look forward to seeing them in Court when they go for the final charging order BRING IT ON.

Hi All... just asked welcome for a CCA.......guess what, the agreement wasnt worth the paper it was written on. I informed them of this expecting a battle, and was willing to pay what I had borrowed but not all the interest.

To my surprise they wiped the debt completely !!!!!! and informed thr CRA's that the debt was settled in 2005 ????

Go figure

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Hi All... just asked welcome for a CCA.......guess what, the agreement wasnt worth the paper it was written on. I informed them of this expecting a battle, and was willing to pay what I had borrowed but not all the interest.

To my surprise they wiped the debt completely !!!!!! and informed thr CRA's that the debt was settled in 2005 ????

Go figure

Dave

How much you talking Dave?

Completed:

RBOS Charges - £2435 settled in full :)

RBOS Default Removal - Removed :)

Carphone Warehouse Default Removal - Removed :)

Welcome Finance Default Removal - Removed :)

Viking Direct CCJ - Removed :)

Littlewoods Default - Removed :-o

Ongoing:

N Hunter SAR

Go figure

Dave

how do you mean it wasn't worth the paper it was written on, what was wrong with it?