Neighbour issues

South Yorks
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4177 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Not sure if anyone can help but getting slightly annoyed;

The fence between myself and neighbour blew down approx 9 months ago and he has put up a crappy make shift thing to keep my dogs and his dog apart. Today i have cleared garden of droppings and he has had a bonfire which included glass bottles which have exploded onto small childs trampoline and garden which could have caused harm to son or dogs. The house next door is rented but the landlady is very lapse in maintenance (the renters have told me of this) but i am worried about my child and animals. I could not use my garden as much as i would have liked this summer due to crappy make shift effort of a fence as i worried for my son. There is also what looks like a camera pointing to the fence which will cover part of my garden.

is there anything i can do (the landlady is a dragon and not very nice)

Regards

South Yorks

Edited by South Yorks
Adding more information

Hello South Yorks, welcome to the CAG.

Enjoy your visit, but take some time to look around the forum and understand where everything is.

It can seem confusing at first but you will start to find your way round and to understand what a helpful community we are.

You haven't received any replies to your post yet. Try posting your query again in a relevant sub-foum. You will get the help and support you need there.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

The easiest solution may indeed be to put your own fence up.

Neighbour disputes are notoriously difficult to resolve and can have far reaching consequences if allowed to get out of hand.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

If i put a fence up the lady who owns the house will complain - i had a new roof in 2007 and she has blamed me and my roofer for every tile that has blown off her roof since (her roof is knackered) she also reported me to the council for having a new roof without her permission!! - i had a leek which an independent roofer said was because the chimney needed repointing from both sides and she said she would not pay for her side doing and if i had work done they were not allowed to even go near her side. Apparently i should have had asked her for permission before i had any work done. i dont want to get into another battle with her or loose part of my garden by putting a fence up not on the boundary line.

If you put up a fence on your side of the boundary, the posts go on your side so you would be losing a couple of inches at the most.

The alternative is to get into a long and probably heated dispute with the owner of the rented property which will inevitably achieve nothing other than lots of hassle and having to disclose the dispute if ever you wanted to sell.

If you want to give it a go, I think the first step is to send a letter to the owner of the property asking that they repair the fence within a reasonable time, say 28 days. After that, assuming you get no response, you would write again giving them a further say 14 days failing which you will have the work done yourself and send them an invoice. You would of course have to pay for the work and then try to get the money back, possibly involving court action.

Alternatively, cut your losses and write to tell her you're replacing the fence unless she objects in writing within 14 days, then go ahead and do it.

Send any letters so that they have to be signed for.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

If you are worried about the fence put one up on your side as for the camera if it is only looking out to the garden and not into your house I think it is ok and its good for security. I do think that this is a common sense issue and there is no need to get into who is right or wrong the neighbour has put up a fence that stops the dogs going into the other garden it may not be pleasing to look at but it does the job, if you dont like it change it or put your own up simple.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.