Housing benefit (rent)

Gay_guy1986
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Now I am confused as I have just spoken to my landlord (Calico Housing) to see if they recived the housing benefit (rent) today as I thought they recive it weekly but I have just got told that my rent for housing benefit is at the end of every month, I thought my rent is weekly? :-o:???:

I have been reciving housing benefit since January of this year and I didn't even knew it was every month, seems a bit strange don't you think? :???:

Gay_guy that what I have said private landlords or otherwise meaning housing associations all of them get paid from council on monthly basis

not exactly, the council pay the award to the recipients bank (except in exception circumstances) and it can easily not fulfill the rent, its then the claimants responsiblity to fullfill the rent contract. The council dont take over the obligation of the tenancy agreement they just provide financial assistance, there is a difference.

Housing Benefit is paid on a 4-weekly cycle whether that be to the landlord, housing association or tenant. When Universal Credit comes in then 1 payment of all the benefits will be made monthly to the claimant, and it will be their responsibility to pay their rent to the landlord from this lump sum. There will be very few exceptions to the Housing Element of Universal Credit not going to the claimant.

Hi Kevin Bolt,

Well when Universal Credit comes into force and I get Housing Benefit paid into my account I will always pay rent as I don't want to end up Homeless.

People who get housing benefit paid into there account and they spend it on fags and beer and they fall behind they rents then I have no sympathy whatsoever as at the end of the day, its they fault if they end up homeless!

I will make sure I pay my rent as I don't smoke and I don't drink that often so it will be easy for me :-)

Hi Gay Guy

Just want to say that my HB was paid into my bank account, but not the full rent ~ I had to find £110 per month extra out of my JSA, which wasn't really possible. So not everyone who struggles and falls behind with rent is spending their HB on fags and beer. And I didn't live in a huge house, just a 2 bedroomed place, big enough for my son and I; it's just that the LHAs are set very low.

Hi Caducea,

Well the reason why you didn't recive the full rent maybe because you had a bigger house? mine is just a flat and I just have 1 bedroom and at the moment I don't pay any rent at all as my rent is £70.61 weekly but I am not sure if I pay towards rent next year when the cuts starts!

I am having to make up now following my HB cut £195 a month to pay my rent (almost half of my monthly ESA). They also almost cut it a 2nd time but then I got another letter saying they reconsidered. Although the reconsidered 2nd cut was small compared to the first.

I dont drink or smoke, so dont make those kind of assumptions please. I also have no premium TV channels.

We still have the council tax benefit cuts to come next year as well which I expect to affect me heavily due to my council looking at focusing the cuts on childless adults who dont get DLA.

Edited by worried33