Iqor Chasing an old Ebay debt

Jonny_J
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have received a demand from Iqor with regard to an old Ebay debt which I had forgotten about. I sent them a prove it letter and they have replied with instructions on how to log into a blocked account and view an invoice.

When I followed the instructions The amount which Iqor are demanding differs from the amount stated by Ebay. Iqor say I owe £39,09 and Ebay say it's £31,09. There is also information on the account which says that the last payment was made on 04/03/2006.

My question is, does this mean that because it has been more than 6 years since any form of acknowledgement, the debt is statute barred? Also, if not, should I just pay Ebay the £31,09 and tell Iqor where to get off? :???:

Thanks in advance

JJ

Worry tends to make the smallest thing throw the largest shadow - Swedish Proverb

• 1 month later...

Now (17th of December) I get a letter from Iqor (dated 7th of December) saying that I have failed to come to a satisfactory arrangement with them so they are going to arrange a doorstep visit. I have printed up the letter from the library and will send it off this afternoon. I have also printed a copy of the letter to give to anyone who turns up demanding any money against this debt, which is statute barred. Should I be doing anything else?

JJ

Worry tends to make the smallest thing throw the largest shadow - Swedish Proverb

Suggest sending IQOR the statute barred letter with the doorstep letter combined. Also to add a sentence to state that they need to provide evidence of when the amount to Ebay was allegedly due as you are not aware of this and IQOR have not provided this information when previously requested.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Wow..they are huge amounts !. Generally Ebay and their DCA minions put much effort into chasing debts but they may in your case.

Iqor's statements are all irrelevant, it doesnt really matter if they write to you or turn up at your door, they (as a DCA) have no powers so can be ignored.

Personally for such a large amount, if I were Ebay I wouldnt mess about with petty DCA's like Iqor I'd start proceedings against you, have you an actual defence ?. Or at least I'd make an effort to send a genuine NBA letter and follow the CPR Pre Action Protocols. first.

This may all be academic as it appears it would be SB, so Ebay have messed up, it is odd they didnt start action over the last 6 years though.

Andy

Thanks guys. Andy the original post states that the amount was £39,09p! I don't really consider this to be a large amount, or was that a joke?

JJ

Send the Compliance Manager at Iqor the folowing letter by recorded delivery.

Ref: as on their letter.

Dear sir,

I refer to your letter dated xx xx xxxx in which you continue to press for payment of an alleged debt in the sum of £ xxx.xx, please note I do not acknoledge any debt to Iqor or any company you may claim to represent.

On resarching this matter and taking advice I have concluded that any such alleged debt is statute barred, therefor I will not now or in the future make any payment or offer of payment in regard to this alleged debt.

You are reminded that should you wish to claim this allged debt is not statue barred the onus of proof lies entirely with Iqor, and I do NOT have to prove the debt is statute barred.

I view of the status of the allged debt you WILL now cease to process ALL data relating to me and remove it from your records immediately.

I am fully aware of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2012 and the section regarding the pursuit of statute barred debts.

This is my Final Response no further correspondence, e-mails or telephone contact will be made.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Andydd

Being ironic ! £39.09. You would be surprised how little can be chased. I had a doorstepper at my address regarding £40 that a relative owed after they moved abroad. The cost of sending the letters etc, must have been a lot more than £40, but I guess that companies have a lot of small debts, which they cannot just write off.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Brigadier

Your welcom!!

UB these small debts are the bread and butter for DCAs debtors are far mor likely not to contest them just to be rid of the pestilencial DCAs.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Yeah this did cross my mind when I received the initial letter, but I have had dealings with Iqor before and found them to be repugnant at best so I thought I would look into it and low and behold, the debt is SB'd.

They do use the comma abroad, and I believe that we did at one time.

For the last forty or fifty years, or so, I understand that we use a space, or should do.

Then again, in the metric system, length is supposed to be stated in metres and millimetres, but "Johnny Foreigner" insists on metres and centimetres.

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!