Central Debt recovery unit. 2 debts HSBC

dorishaslop
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi again friends,

I am getting really confused with two of my debts, but refuse to ring the numbers given on these letters...

I have two debts outstanding with HSBC,

one was a current account overdraft and the other was

a credit card.

I have been paying these off at a very low rate for quite a while now,

one with MKPD and the other

with metropolitan.

I have had a letter this morning telling me that the debt has been referred for immediate collection with central debt recovery unit.

and that I must pay the balance by 18.10.12

I see on the bottom of the letter that this is a "trading style of Metropolitan collection services ltd."

Should I carry on ignoring these letters and just keep letting the standing orders go through as usual, or should I contact them.

I am getting really worried now as I am getting confused as to who is getting what???

Metropolitan are the internal debt collection dept. for HSBC. I suspect that they are looking for full payment of the debt or they will pass/sell on the debt for outside debt collectors to make payment arrangements with you.

If you cannot afford to increase the current payments or settle the debt, perhaps just send a letter back to them advising that you do not understand the purpose of their recent letter, your financial circumstances have not changed and you are happy with the current arrangement.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

MKDP...urm they usually collect on lemon debts?

is this the card or the OD.

do these debts show on your CRA file?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What is the history of these debts ? Any long periods without payment ? Any charges/PPI to reclaim ? Have you requested the CCA for the credit card debt ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

how did you get fooled into paying MKDP?

threat-o-grams?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes uncle I think I did have a couple of periods of not paying..

. then got scared by the threatograms....

Im not disputing that I owe the debts..

. just that I get so many letters from new credit companies that I lose track of who I am paying and for what.

I haven't done cca's or credit checks for the reason that I know I owe the money but just can't pay the amount that they want every month.

I can pay them all at two pounds a month but they still keep chasing me for in and outgoings.

They won't accept the i&e by post and won't supply me with forms,

they want me to go through my personal money details ie which bills etc I am paying,

and I refuse to do that on an 0845 number...

Why you do not CCA1974 them it cost a £1.00 then we can see if they are enforceable or not once and for all, go for it, they are not bothered about you and how you survive or starve, only lining their pockets with your money.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

It is best not to speak to them on the phone as those goons are after commissions only regadless of your situation you put to them.

All in writing, but do yourself a favour and send off the documents request,

also an outside DCA is on commission unless they are debt purchasers then only pay Pence per £ for the debt,

say they Pay £250.00 for an alledged debt of say £2.500 they make £2,250 profit from you.

And the other thing comes to mind if they have a coollectable debt why have they not as they are with me take you to court for a CCJ etc.

Think about it!

makes you wonder, and as if you do ring them ,

well put on hold at your expence for up to 45 minutes and you come away without getting to the right department,

I know that one on more than one occassion.

hey me thinks you've been had on both of them sorry.

never ever use the phone

and never ever send them an I&E

DCA's have NO LEGAL POWERS.

can you get your cra file.

i know you think you owe the money

but

if it was me i'd stop paying them.

dx

and they

hey me thinks you've been had on both of them sorry.

never ever use the phone

and never ever send them an I&E

DCA's have NO LEGAL POWERS.

can you get your cra file.

i know you think you owe the money

but

if it was me i'd stop paying them.

dx

Exactly????????????????????

How much does it cost to phone an 0845, 0843 or 0844 number? Calling an 0845 number costs 2p per minute daytime, and 0.5ppm at all other times when called from BT Landlines.

Would never suggest phoning them.

My Virgin Media phone rates start at 10p a minute for 0845 numbers.

SE Talk calls are are "paid up front", except for 0844, 0871 etc, but 0845 are not chargeable as extra's.

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

My phone is with Sky so not sure what the rates are.... I will go for the cca1974 sounds like a good idea.. sorry I havent' answered today as Ive been at the hospital all day... when I feel better in the morning (hopefully) I'll try to get my head round all your replies, I am grateful for your responses.

I am very tempted to stop paying, but too scared that the nasties will start up again.. I did find out today that I had actually been paying two companies for one and the same debt. one was MKDP? and the other for the same account I was also paying D&G Solicitors, so I pulled the plug on that one, Nice of them to tell me my mistake (not).. thanks again guys.... much appreciated. xxxx

If worried about stopping - send them a thank you letter - thanking them for making you do an I&E budget (which only a court can request) and you have discovered that you have no funds left so must reduce payments to £1 per month and you will be in touch if things get better. Oh and state all communication to be in writing.

Stay strong - lots of great advice on here - defo send CCA and check your credit report.

Intend