Faulty DFS Furniture.

Nath123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'd like to see just what other people in the "know" think about this.

I purchased a sofa from DFS on Finance. Within 4 days I had issued a complaint and they sent someone out to try and fix the problem, they didnt. Four times they had to return to try and fix the problem without any success. I rang the store manager and told him enough was enough, he asked to come and see it. He came out to view the sofa and agreed to exchange it for a new one or replace it for a total different sofa.

Firstly I dont want another item that could turn out to be faulty because it means going through all this again, I appreciate it may never become faulty but I'm not willing to take the risk.

Secondly we have spent several months now looking and trying new models out. We have yet to find one we can agree on. The problem lies in that the store manager claims it has to be of the same value or more, but that only leaves us an handful of sofas to choose from.

My argument is why cant I choose one for another room of a lower value and go elsewhere to purchase one for my lounge? I'm obviously not going to spend £3000 on a sofa for the spare room to keep DFS happy.

I asked the store manager what happens if I never find one that I like to replace the faulty one I've got and he says I have to make a decision now.

I find this unfair, what do you think?

Why are you accepting a replacement? You want your money back and nothing less. You should have rejected the sofa the first time it proved to be faulty.

Personally I think you are being too picky and unable to make a decision. So what if you have an expensive sofa in another room. Life is too short to get bogged down in sofas. Ask for your money back and go elsewhere.

I don't want a replacement unless they have something I like, I'm not willing to just pick a sofa for the sake of it.

They will not offer me a refund and I can only choose a replacement of the same value or more.

Under the SoGA you are entitled to a refund or a replacement if goods prove to be faulty. Like you said earlier, you have lost all faith in them so why would you want something else from them? Ask for a full refund and if they say no, threaten them with court and be prepared to use it. Shops of this ilk who flout the law will pay up at the court steps.

There are so many other shops out there selling good quality furniture at discount prices that I am positive you will find something you like.