• Tweets

• Yeah I figured, unlikely I'll need credit anyway mortgage all paid off etc so I'll take that on the chin and learn from the experience. Probably would've beaten that too had I remembered the protocol, first time ever going through the process though sob it wasn't familiar to me  Oh well  
    • This is my slightly amended WS taking on board your previous comments, any suggestions for amendments would be most appreciated.  Thank you for you time.   1.        I am the Defendant in this matter. 2.        The facts in this statement come from my personal knowledge. 3.        I became aware of original Judgement following a routine credit check on or around 14th September 2020. 4.        The alleged Letter of Claim dated 7 January 2020 was served to a previous address which I moved out of in 2018, no effort was made to ascertain my correct address. 5.        The Judgement debt was not familiar to me so I began investigations to ascertain what the debt related to and how such a figure had been equated in any event. 6.        I made immediate contact with the Court, the Claimant Solicitors and the Claimants thereafter, asking them to provide me with a copy of the original loan agreement but this was not provided to me.  7.        I sent a Data Subject access Request to Barclays but no agreement was provided – See appendix 1 which details the timeline of communication between myself and Barclaycard as well as copies of correspondence between us. 8.        I do not admit to entering an agreement with Barclaycard in 2000. 9.       The claimant has failed to comply with the additional directions ordered by District Judge Davis and therefore this claim should be automatically struck out.  10.    The claimants have failed to disclose a true executed copy of the original agreement they refer to within the particulars of this claim. They are not entitled to enforce the agreement pursuant to section 78.6 (a) of the Credit Consumer Act 1974 12.   The reconstituted standard Barclaycard agreement that the claimant has included in the court bundle does not satisfy any CCA request and so the claimant is and remains in default of my CCA request and therefore unable to enforce the alleged agreement. 13.  The claimants have failed to provide proof the assignment, such as a deed of assignment. 14.  The claimant has failed to provide a statement of account setting out how the alleged debt accrued under that agreement 15.   Despite numerous requests to the claimant, I have still not seen any evidence, such as an original agreement or deed of assignment, that substantiates the claimant’s assertion that I owe the debt to the claimant, nor evidence of how the debt was accrued. 16.   As per CPR 1.4(2)(a) the court encourages parties to cooperate with each other in the conduct of proceedings in order to try and save time and costs for the parties and to also save the time and resources of the court however, despite vast attempts at mediation the claimants have been most unreasonable and have remained unwilling to mediate. I believe that the facts stated in this Witness Statement are true.  I understand that proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against anyone who makes, or causes to be made, a false statement in a document verified by a statement of truth without an honest belief in its truth.
    • A set aside application costs £275 which is more than the judgement so not worth it. Not that they would grant a set aside anyway.  Set asides are granted, for example, to people who moved and didn't get the court papers, so have a genuine reason for not defending.  Forgetting doesn't count. Your only choices are to pay up within 30 days, or defy the court and not pay.  If the latter, we've never seen a PPC enforce judgement for a single ticket, ever, you would get away without paying - but you would have a CCJ and a knackered credit file for six years.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Buchanan Clark & Wells re orange debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon! :)

Received a letter from BCW this morning

VERIFICATION LETTER

Dear Mr X

We are trying to contact Mr X with regards to a private matter. We have confirmed your address through a credit link obtained via a credit reference agency as being the same person who previously lived at the original address above.

Please contact us on 0844 571 4270 quoting the above reference number and one of our operators will be available to take any relevant details to resolve the matter.

I think that it's related to my other Orange Contract. As when I try to access that account online, it says account is closed.

How do I deal with these guys? Should I ignore this letter and wait for one that is more detailed?

Karl

***Sorry for typo in title***

I dealt with this lot for a relatives debt. Must be the most incompetent DCA I have come across. They make loads of phone calls and seem to send a letter after each phone call. I can remember the same letter being received day after day.

Volume yes, any follow through very unlikely in my opinion.

Even if you send post back to them or write to them, they will ignore it. So I would not bother. Keep an eye on what they send to you, but don't waste any money on postage or making phone calls, as it will be a complete waste of time.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

As above, "I think" isn't good enough.

Shove all letters in a drawer and let them waste money.

If it is a past Orange, how old is that?

Last bill dated 8th July. On the Orange website, that account has £95.75 outstanding, I thought I had this on direct debit but obviously not, so no payments made on it in 3 months id say.

Last bill dated 8th July. On the Orange website, that account has £95.75 outstanding, I thought I had this on direct debit but obviously not, so no payments made on it in 3 months id say.

This may be hurting your credit record/rating, so if you are worried about that and can afford to pay Orange directly what is due, you might want to consider that.

If there is any reason to dispute the amount with Orange, then enter into complaint with them and while a complaint is ongoing, they should put any debt collection on hold.

If no reason to complain and it is just not affordable at the moment, then just ignore for the moment and deal with any other priorities money wise that you have.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I'd personally talk to Orange. You're on the brink of having a default lodged on your credit file looking at the timescales, so act now or you may suffer the consequences for the next 6 years!

Don't deal with DCAs, deal only with Orange, and you want any solution to include removing negative information from your credit file. I believe they have a good Facebook team and Twitter team if you use either of them.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Received a reply from Orange.

If you can only pay £30.00 per month your credit file would reflect any remaining balance and that this has been paid late or is outstanding (while you are clearing the balance due).

We would advise you to call Buchanan, Clark and Wells on 0844 5714270 to make arrangement to clear the balance. They may be able to arrange for your credit file to reflect that you have agreed and arrangement to clear the balance.

I hope this helps!

Would you still recommend waiting for a second letter before contacting Buchanan Clark & Wells?

I would always recommend paying Orange. They might not like it, they might even refuse to take it over the phone!

I suspect that only your online access to your account is closed.

Do you know what the £95.75 is for?

I had some dealings with Orange and when I was sure that the amount was correct, paid by cheque to Orange.

I think the 97.75 is the last 3 months billing. Cut a long story short ilost that contract phone. Reported it stolen etc n bad it blocked. But i i thought it was on direct debit.. turned out it wasnt. I stilll have the option to make a payment on the account section online. You recommend i do this i stead of paying dca?

I think the 97.75 is the last 3 months billing. Cut a long story short ilost that contract phone. Reported it stolen etc n bad it blocked. But i i thought it was on direct debit.. turned out it wasnt. I stilll have the option to make a payment on the account section online. You recommend i do this i stead of paying dca?

I always make sure that I know what I'm paying for before I pay it. Why 3 months billing - was there some of the contract to run? I would contact Orange, let them know that you don't have access to your online account any more, that you require an itemised bill so that you know what the £97.75 is for and obviously can't be asked to pay it until you receive it and that at present you dispute the bill. If you weren't getting paper invoices and they try to charge you, tell them that you will be happy to access the bill online if they make it available, but no detailed bill, no payment. It might include calls that might be covered by insurance / made after you reported it stolen.

In short get your detailed bill (including itemised calls) then post back here

I always make sure that I know what I'm paying for before I pay it. Why 3 months billing - was there some of the contract to run? I would contact Orange, let them know that you don't have access to your online account any more, that you require an itemised bill so that you know what the £97.75 is for and obviously can't be asked to pay it until you receive it and that at present you dispute the bill. If you weren't getting paper invoices and they try to charge you, tell them that you will be happy to access the bill online if they make it available, but no detailed bill, no payment. It might include calls that might be covered by insurance / made after you reported it stolen.

In short get your detailed bill (including itemised calls) then post back here

Yeah It's an error on my part, so I forgot to pay last 3 months (been very busy) I just checked my account again, and looking closer I can still access all the bills which are also itemised. So I do owe the £95.75

I will make a payment of £40 on their website at the end of the month.

As it still gives me the option to pay on there, will the DCA get ****y if I just make my payment through the orange site?

Will it be safe for me to ignore the DCA?

Good morning all

Received second letter from Buchanan Clark & Wells.

dated 15/08/2012

Pursuers: Orange PCS Ltd

Principal Sum: £291.75 ( WTF?)

FORMAL DEMAND

Dear Mr X

We have been instructed by Orange PCS Ltd to recover an overdue amount in the sum of £291.75. The outstanding debt value includes an administration charge of £10.00% to compensate our clients for the cost of incurred in recovering this debt. Please refer to your terms and conditions.

Our clients have informed us that they are unaware of any legitimate reason for non-payment of their account and although they would prefer an amicable settlement, will not hesitate to commence Legal Legal Proceedings if necessary.

Please call our 24 hour payment line immediately on 0844 571 4270 to make payment by credit or debit card.

Please not that if the usage fee plus administration fee is paid within the next 28 days Orange PCS Ltd will credit your contract by £186.42 and reconnect your service free of charge. Your contract will be reinstated allowing you to once again make calls. Future air time is required to be paid to Orange PCS Ltd by direct debit. In order for you to avail yourself of this offer you must call us on the above number.

Right then, on the orange account section I get this

account closed

Your pay monthly account is now closed.

You can still

view your bills

make a payment

Under "View your bills"I click latest bill which is July, it says Amount due £95.75..?

Where are they getting the £291.75 from??? Anyone got any suggestions on a email template to send them to basically say I will pay Orange direct through their website?

Cheers guys, appreciate the help

Karl

***EDIT*** Also, under where it says £95.75 on orange account, it says this

For information only as this is a credit note.

?

Edited by ktan49