Need urgent advice about Jobseeker's Allowance

K301982P
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you for that info so they won't sanction me then? I've never filled out a JSA28 before.

They're not that bad to fill out. I remember that I only had to fill in details (name, NINO and a few other personal details) and the nature of my sickness and something about when I was ill and when I expect to be well again.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is a short form as Nystagmite says, unfortunately even getting your MP on board wil not speed up the appeal process. I'm soory I can't remembver if you have requested a reconsideration yet but if not do that and if you have then you can still ask for another one if you can think of anything else to add that you didn't write before.

Just an update on this, I received an email today from the guy who is acting on behalf of the MP who is assisting me:-

"I have contacted the DWP (Job Centre Plus) at a senior level. They confirm that they sanctioned your JSA only because they were asked to do so by your Work Programme provider. The DWP are unable to reverse that sanction unless they are asked to do so by the Work Programme provider. I note in your original email that you have already submitted a complaint to the Work Programme provider and that this is being handled by the management there. DWP’s suggestion is that you should chase this up with the provider and ask specifically that they instruct DWP to reverse the sanction. Once DWP receive that request from the provider, they can withdraw the sanction accordingly. I would suggest you mention to the Work Programme provider that you have contacted your Member of Parliament about this".

This is very interesting, I thought only the DWP could sanction you? Anyway I have demanded that the Work Programme provider immediate reverses my sanction because I am going to take this to the very top otherwise.

The DMA team act on the information provided by the referring officer at the WPro.

The DMA team will then look at the Job Seekers Regulations and the Decision Makers Guidance along with the information provided by the Adviser/referring officer at Work Programme and any information that i provided by the customer.

If a sanction is imposed then you have the right to request a reconsideration which must initially be raised through the WProg and DMA will then consider the new information. Only if there is sufficent information to allow a decision to be revised will that happen.

Still think I got them on the run, the MP has dealt with this very quickly and I'm going to put the Work Programme provider under a lot of pressure, I would even consider suing them should it not be reversed, I'm that determined to do whatever it takes because quite frankly getting a 2 week sanction for an error THEY made is ridiculous.

This is all about compliance, the system is there to condition people into eventually taking long term level entry jobs, once a 'customer' has had a taste of zero benefit due to a sanction, they are not likely to disobey in the future, the issue of whether the sanction was right or not is immaterial, the pimps have a percentage quota for weekly sanctions, you may well have been one of them, or it might have been a mistake on the pimps part, in either case it does not matter, you are still expected to engage with the programme and they will still get their blood money.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

I'm in the process of being santioned due to not turning up at Ingeus...i have no intention of ever going their again (In fact i haven't been since March, due to being bullied into going on stupid courses to help my wellbeing issues!), and yes, the threat of a santion has only made me more determined to find a job, but being santioned is NOT the answer, their are no jobs around at the moment, and the jobs they advertise need experience or qualifications.

Is it any wonder people have mental health problems when you have to jump through so many hoops just to get the basic amount of money to live on!

I wish i was a non-English speaking immigrant now...they get everything!

This is all about compliance, the system is there to condition people into eventually taking long term level entry jobs, once a 'customer' has had a taste of zero benefit due to a sanction, they are not likely to disobey in the future, the issue of whether the sanction was right or not is immaterial, the pimps have a percentage quota for weekly sanctions, you may well have been one of them, or it might have been a mistake on the pimps part, in either case it does not matter, you are still expected to engage with the programme and they will still get their blood money.

The fact is though i have attended all appointments bar one last week but that was only due to illness.

The appointment i was sanctioned for (my first appointment with them) was their error and i expect it to be rectified.

Also i think the Work Programme provider will be very wary from now on as in my opinion they probably think they can walk over everyone and not many people stand up to them but i am and i always will, I'll be watching them like a hawk from now on to prevent anymore sanctions.

I wish i was a non-English speaking immigrant now...they get everything!

Immigrants have to comply with the same benefit laws as everyone else.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

I have got the same letter saying I may be sanctioned 2 weeks for missing my appointment because I got the dates mixed up, mainly because it had been nearly 2 month since my last appointment! When you say it down to the work programme provider do you mean the company or the person who I see?

Thing is its ok for them to take the p**s by when I go just saying go on computer for 30mins then go home, or when I go telling me there over booked and to go home which has happened a few times. I hate waiting to see if I'm getting sanctioned, I wonder how long till I hear from them?

Got a response from the work programme provider today regarding my complaint:-

"I am writing in response to your email of 25th July 2012 regarding your JSA sanction, I have investigated the points you have raised thoroughly and I am now able to confirm my findings.

We contacted you by phone on 16th April 2012 and advised you of a mandatory appointment to attend your Work Programme induction on 9th May 2012 at 10am. This appointment was also confirmed to you in a letter sent to you on 16th April 2012 to the above address.

As part of the Work Programme our company is contractually obligated to notify Job Centre Plus if any client fails to participate in a mandated activity. We have to raise this with Job Centre Plus irrespective of whether or not an explanation is offered following your non attendance. Job Centre Plus then makes a decision regarding your benefit entitlement considering all evidence provided.

I am sorry to hear that you did not receive the letter sent to you confirming your appointment and that as a result you did not attend your mandated activity. Job Centre Plus will consider the reasons given for non participation and make the decision regarding benefit entitlement".

What a load of crap, No comment about the fact that I was given a date over the phone that was different to so said sent letter, I'm not satisfied with this response at all, I want to take this further so how do I go about it, If I can sue them I certainly will.

And It wouldn't surprise me if they sanction me again for the appointment I missed 2 weeks ago due to illness, despite telling them the day before and on the day of the appointment a few hours before that I was too ill to attend, if that happens, I'm going drag them through the mud.

And It wouldn't surprise me if they sanction me again for the appointment I missed 2 weeks ago due to illness, despite telling them the day before and on the day of the appointment a few hours before that I was too ill to attend, if that happens, I'm going drag them through the mud.

Which will no doubt achieve nothing whilst you are still without any money!

Which will no doubt achieve nothing whilst you are still without any money!

Well my sanction has finished, it was 25th July- 7th August but I will only get £72 at the most this week, money won't be back to normal for another couple of weeks, but last time they took 6-8 weeks to raise the doubt so no doubt in 4-8 weeks time they will try and sanction me again.

k301982p the first thing I would advise os to notify the JCP that you were unwell on the date you missed your WP appointment, you can then complete form JSA28 to cover you and even if they do refer to DMA at least DMA will then have the information available to be able to make the decision.

k301982p the first thing I would advise os to notify the JCP that you were unwell on the date you missed your WP appointment, you can then complete form JSA28 to cover you and even if they do refer to DMA at least DMA will then have the information available to be able to make the decision.

The poster says that they have now 'served' the sanction period.

Besides which the poster admitted that it was all down to a misunderstanding over dates.

Where does the sickness excuse fit into it?

You cannot and should not use that as an excuse unless it is true. To do so is attempting to obtain the benefit by deception!

The poster says that they have now 'served' the sanction period.

Besides which the poster admitted that it was all down to a misunderstanding over dates.

Where does the sickness excuse fit into it?

You cannot and should not use that as an excuse unless it is true. To do so is attempting to obtain the benefit by deception!

If you'd read the posts, you would see that yes there was the confusion over the date of the first appt, but there was more recently an appt missed due to sickness. There's no need to jump to conclusions like a daily mail reader.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Can you sue the Work Programme Provider? I've hit a bit of a dead end, I'm not satisfied with the response from the Work Programme provider and until that sanction is withdrawn I won't stop fighting.

Also, is there anyone you can complain to if your not happy with the response to the complaint by the Work Programme provider?