Sigma claim form - another! M&S charge card converted to a credit card.

cosalt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My defence has gone in so do I need to do anything in response to them sending me a copy of the application form?

No cosalt.

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Just wondered Cosalt if there had been any more movement on this ? I've updated my own thread, that there has been nothing, but just wondered if they had responded to your defence yet.

Hi, no I have heard nothing at all :|

I have today received a copy of an application form for an M&S store card, no terms and conditions, just the front. They have offered to discontinue if I enter into a payment plan!

PLONKERS....:lol:

Basically, they do not have an enforceable agreement, so lets take the upper hand and pretend we are in a position of strength.

When Howard Cohen did the exact same thing to me for a Debenhams Storecard converted to a credit card, I responded by giving them the opportunity to discontinue, if not they would be payiong all my costs.....they discontinued....that was 4 years ago.

Debbie xx

You can contact them at any time and offer them the opportunity to discontinue... give them a limited time offer of you waiving any wasted time costs if they do so [or the chance to take up a reduced cost application on your part of say only a £100 or so if they discontinue, depending on how cheeky you feel :)]. Stay in the driving seat. Out of interest Cosalt, have you now gone past the 33 days since you submitted a defence, or are HL still technically in the period they can respond?

oopsjust answered my question by going back to post #1 lol Still, if you haven't received anything yet, it's not likely you will in any shape or form. I'd put my money on them letting it drift into a stay during early September now...

I've had the same silence as everyone else, apart from the letter saying they are 'prepared not to pursue the Claim and to allow the Claim to be stayed subject to me entering a repayment plan' until today. They have now sent me a brief letter saying that they have placed my account on hold pending a request to HSBC for further documentary evidence. Mine isn't the M&S store card issue though - it's an HSBC o/d. I agree with Skemdosser - those alleged debtors who didn't immediately roll over in the first instance will probably all end up as a pile of stayed claims and fresh claims will re-surface when they realise the mistakes they made first time around. I'm watching for everyone's developments. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

You wont Cosalt not once a defence is entered it abruptly comes to an end as it costs to progress it further without the default judgment they expected.

Consider a strike out.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Hi all been meaning to get on here the past couple of days-I have just received a N279 Notice of Discontinuance from HL. Got a wasted costs application to think about now...

Excellent Skem...well done on you.

Have you a thread running on this?

Regards

Andy

Hi all been meaning to get on here the past couple of days-I have just received a N279 Notice of Discontinuance from HL. Got a wasted costs application to think about now...

Well done Skem cant see your thread so apologies to Cosalt for butting in. Hope we all get the same. Im sure your costs will be double what they were claiming. Well done!