Sick (literally) of DCA's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4063 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough.

Just wondered if it might be one of two cases :

1. They reply with, we can't prove the debt is yours, so that's the end of that.

OR

2. We have proof that the debt is yours, and here it is, so pay up.

Wrong thinking on my part I guess. Problem is, although they may have shut up for now, the default still shows on my CRA records and is therefore affecting me negatively.

Surely, its not fair for a debt I know nothing about, and they haven't sent proof of, to be on my CRA records?

Thanks.

It is unlikely that the DCA placed the default it would be the original creditor.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

As to eliciting the name of the original creditor an enquiry to a CRA may bring this to light archived reports would show the original entry.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Check the other CRAs Noddle is not as widely used or as up to date as the main two.

poss 6yrs since default?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Hi all, just a quick update to my saga. The disputed debt is still gone, so hopefully that's that. Also my CCJ has expired and has gone from my CRA. Very soon a default will also drop off and my file will be squeaky clean again. Just for the purposes of clarification, if a CCJ or Default expires after the 6 year period, it can't come back onto my CRA right? Also, another quick conundrum : I am wanting to study (distance learning with a uni) and I have an unpaid student loan with said uni. It doesn't show on my CRA, so I assume it it is SB'ed? Thing is, they won't let me reregister until its paid off in full. So IF it is SB'ed, and IF I decided to make payment so I could study, would that start the clock again and un-SB it? Thanks for any advice guys. Appreciate it.

No they can't report the ccj again, if the student loan debt is stat barred already then any payment cannot restart the clock, so you can pay the debt.

• 3 months later...

Update : After a lengthy quiet period I finally thought all was good.

Turns out, too good to be true.

Earlier I had someone pitch up at the door claiming to represent Aktiv Capital.

Said that they are looking for XYZ (me!)

Quick chit chat and they left.

Seriously. Where do they get these people?

doorsteppers have NO LEGAL POWERS

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They get them because a lot of Doorstep collectors think they are akin to bailiffs. They come to your door, threaten and harass you. Pretty much because they work off high commission. The way ive always seen it is if they send doorstep collectors, theres a high chance of the debt being unenforceable or something wrong with it. Why else would a DCA pay the collector 15-20% of whatever amount they get?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Oh yea. Ignore for now until something substantial comes along.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D